Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Careless Whisper

mxc90
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Jane went Daredevil tonight. They might as well make her a full time superhero (costume and all).

Briana gets suspended for talking but Jane is welcomed back with open arms.

No George Michael playing in the background as the team is cracking the case or someone in a Deadpool mask singing? Guess the show couldn't afford it.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Jane went Daredevil tonight. They might as well make her a full time superhero (costume and all).

Briana gets suspended for talking but Jane is welcomed back with open arms.

No George Michael playing in the background as the team is cracking the case? Guess the show couldn't afford it.

Jane even has the origin story for it.

The show has definitely gotten even cheaper.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Free said:

Jane even has the origin story for it.

The show has definitely gotten even cheaper.

She does. If the Zip is really messing with her, she might believe she's Lady Sif next week.

I would have lost it if she had sent the Morse code by controlling her heart rate.

They must have blown their budget months ago. No big  explosions or good shootouts in a while.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

She does. If the Zip is really messing with her, she might believe she's Lady Sif next week.

I would have lost it if she had sent the Morse code by controlling her heart rate.

They must have blown their budget months ago. No big  explosions or good shootouts in a while.  

Yeah, even the fight scenes are limited each week.

6 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I love when this show pokes fun at itself. The book version of Kurt growls everything he says!

3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

At this point I think I prefer the book version LOL! And once again they tease us with Patterson's first name.

1 hour ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Jane's hair looked so much better in book version.

The book version looked fun.

• Love 1
On 2/2/2019 at 6:51 AM, Writing Wrongs said:

Jane's hair looked so much better in book version.

The book version is that of a misogynist who probably sees how a woman looks as the most important part of her value.  Book Jane looks and acts like an objectified version of a woman.

On 4.2.2019 at 8:14 AM, RobertDeSneero said:

The book version is that of a misogynist who probably sees how a woman looks as the most important part of her value.  Book Jane looks and acts like an objectified version of a woman.

That's how plenty of female characters in 80's (crime) shows looked like and acted* - and since even Weller admitted the guy's writing was a bit 'dated' the show got away with it. Note that 'Careless Whisper' was released 1984.

*'Magnum PI' almost caused me a gender-identity crisis since most female characters behaved like idiots and I was starting to dread the day hormones would kick in turning me into a screeching bundle of irrationality.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this episode a lot, except for the Zapata parts.  Still couldn't care less about Zapata.  Especially loved how the writer didn't bother to include her in his book version.

Loved everything about the book versions, especially Weller's growling and Patterson being a high powered CEO and FBI superstar in a power dress and heels.  Jane reading the book and talking about Weller's "bulging biceps threatening to rip through the shirt"... haha.