Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Savannah

I had some thoughts but they all left when I had fits of giggles over Stone and his friend's deep conversation in the parking lot about how to woo women with cheese and bacon. Cause Lord knows, if ya got bacon ya got me!

I did love how Stone calmly let Savanah know that he would not allow his son to grow up in the turmoil of an alcoholic household. I believed him when he said it, but I'm not sure Savannah was really hearing him.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ok, so I take it this gets better? I was questioning whether to keep watching, I'm only 10 minutes in. She talks so slow and quiet she keeps losing my attention.  I'll continue...

20 minutes in, she's trying to get a new boyfriend? While pregnant? Worry about yourself and that baby coming, girlfriend! 

Edited by ShaNaeNae

Yikes, what a depressing state of affairs. I really didn't like Stone for most of the pregnancy, but I think he redeemed himself after the baby was born and he seemed to become a decent father. It seemed to open his eyes and make him realize what his responsibilities now were. So that was good to see.

But the mom-daughter verbal brawl in the street was intense. I'm glad Savannah was allowed to take her brother to Stone's for the night, but that's only the beginning of a situation that has always been present. I hope that Savannah and Stone can work things out and she and Rowan can move in with him full-time. I think the mom relapsed because of the pressures of having the baby in the house, She may mean well, but Savannah needs to think twice before returning home.

Yikes, what a depressing state of affairs. I really didn't like Stone for most of the pregnancy, but I think he redeemed himself after the baby was born and he seemed to become a decent father. It seemed to open his eyes and make him realize what his responsibilities now were. So that was good to see.

I had zero hopes for Stone with his wanting to name the kid after a car and being a total brat about it. However he did really step and seemed to genuinely like the kid saying he wanted to take him to work and what not. Hopefully, his family is more stable. We didn't see much of them.

My heart went out the little brother the most. Young as he is, he's not getting out of there anytime soon.

I had zero hopes for Stone with his wanting to name the kid after a car and being a total brat about it. However he did really step and seemed to genuinely like the kid saying he wanted to take him to work and what not. Hopefully, his family is more stable. We didn't see much of them.

My heart went out the little brother the most. Young as he is, he's not getting out of there anytime soon.

We actually saw Stone's mother twice; once at the baby shower, and then when Savannah left Rowan with her to go out for a little bit. Stone may be kind of an idiot (a well-meaning idiot, I believe), but it seemed like his family was a lot more stable and "normal" compared to Savannah's. Savannah felt safe having Ben at Stone''s mom's house for the night, and leaving Rowan with the mom by herself for a few hours.

I read on the Teen Mom Junkies site that Savannah and Stone are no longer together, and that Savannah is actually dating somebody with a child of his own. It sort of bums me out that those two couldn't work out. I wonder if it's because Savannah continued to defend her mother after that alcoholic verbal war in the middle of the street.

(edited)

This series has definitely shown much more of the horrible side of being a teen mom. Poor Savannah. She never stood a chance and I really applauded her for calling the cops to get her brother out.

Unfortunately she's probably had to parent her alcoholic for most of her life and it's pretty normal to feel defensive when others criticize the mother. I hope she gets in touch with AlAnon and gets support. I'm not surprised her and Stone broke up though. Although he stepped up a bit at the end this relationship had DOOMED written all over it. Sad.

Criticize it all you want and heaven knows it has plenty of flaws, but I'm so glad for our NHS. Worrying about bills for an operation would never happen here. I'm curious, do you have to pay for giving birth? I'm pretty ignorant about how your medical insurance pans out. I know that getting insured was a huge part of Kails' decision to marry Javi.

Oops, edited to say I'm getting Savannah mixed up with the kid who had a cleft palette. I think I'm on 16 and Pregnant overload. I watched the last 3 episodes in one go last night. I was still steaming over Scot's views on wearing a condom when I watched this. It's all so sad, the girl's always seem as if they're desperate to find someone who will care for them.

Edited by tally1068

Please don't tell me this dude's real name was Stone. Please tell me it was a nickname. Also, does he WORK at Kum & Go? Because, otherwise, who wears a gas station hat?

I flip-flopped on this dude. One minute he seemed like an ass, but the next minute I could understand why - having to deal that pack of harpies. I do not get how it was considered disrespectful of him to walk away from the baby shower, but it wasn't disrespectful of Grandma to call him out and insult his baby name in front of the entire party. Granted, it's a horrible name - but you don't need to publicly shame him because of it. Coupled with the mom's drinking, I can see why he wanted to keep his distance. And he was there for them immediately in the end, when they needed a place to go. 

The person I feel most sorry for in all of this is Ben. Poor little guy. My heart just broke when we found out he had been home alone with the drunken mother. Then the fighting breaks out, cops are called, he's being told to go here and there, and he's just crying. A child should never have to live in fear like that. I wonder why the grandma doesn't take him in. I seriously worry about his future. 

It's interesting how many children of addicts we see on this show. It seems like they have some short-sighted idea about creating the family they never had. It's hard to hate on them, because it's just so sad. 

• Love 1

Savannah's mom was a belligerent drunk. She tried to push all the fault on Savannah like Savannah was the one who had issues. If Savannah does have issues it's because her mom is a damn alcoholic. I felt for Savannah regarding her mom, but....

I didn't have any sympathy regarding her having a hard time taking care of Rowan. She's a teenager who brought a baby into an environment where an alcoholic lives. That makes zero sense. She gets mad at Stone for being "disrespectful" for talking to other girls, but she goes out and attempted to talk to another dude. Was that "disrespectful" too? I thought they weren't together, so what was the big deal if either of them dated someone else? Although it's pretty selfish seeing as how their priority should be Rowan and not dating.

God, what a disaster. Poor little Ben. I feel sorrier for him than I do for Rowan. Why, why, why do you carry to term and parent in circumstances like these? Savannah desperately needed Al-Anon to help her accept that she can't fix her mom. But as long as she's dependent and needs to live in mom's house, there's not much hope. She's probably back there if she's re-broken up with Stone.