Type keyword(s) to search

The Librarians - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Librarians are coming to UP TV. They are advertising it for March 13 although I didn't see it in the guide.  It does show one episode being on Friday at five am but only on UPTV HD.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1

The extended episode of And the Crown of King Arthur/And the Sword in the Stone was actually extended scenes. Many of them weren't that interesting. Longer scenes when they didn't really need to be. The two best ones was the scene between Flynn and Judson before everything happens where Judson hints that he'll be moving on. Flynn thinks he means he wants to but Judson says he doesn't but thinks the time is coming when he well. Then later before the Brotherhood attacks the Library Flynn tells Charlene about the scene who gets mad and heads off to go talk to Judson. 

For the Horns of Dilemma there was no extend scene but one of the writers and one of the producers talk about the episode. They don't really say much its a short clip of them talking about putting the characters in bad spots.

I do love all three episodes. I do hate losing Judson and Charlene. Flynn going off on his own. But loved gaining Baird, Stone and Jenkins. I always went back and forth on Ezekiel and Cassandra depending on the episode. I did like Ezekiel assuming it couldn't be a Minotaur because according to the myth he was killed in the myth. I loved Stone, Ezekiel, and Cassandra's reaction to seeing the room of skulls. Stone's snarky when on the phone with Baird a few minutes later when she's telling him about the ancient art she should and he's all "Hmm, that's interested we found a room full of human skulls." and his remark when asks what he means "How many ways can I mean human skulls?" Her plan to keep them save ending up putting them in danger. I love that she didn't buy the CEO's fake concern.   

I loved watching them figuring out clues to find the crown and then the stone and how much fun they were all having. Eve wondering why the Brotherhood had a helicopter and they didn't and Flynn answering "Cause we have Charlene and she only approved one rental car." Funny and so true to Charlene. I love that her last words were about the recites. Her excitement at meeting Baird. Jenkins just waiting for them on the side of the road. Ezekiel trying to steal the Dagger from Leverage's Rashomon episode. 

Cool information about the Rule of Three! In the special edition episode it was interview with John Roger and Kate Rorick one of the writers. They mention that all of the science fair projects we see in the episode were real science projects! John says they came up with the idea and thought about their own science projects as kids and then weren't sure how to do it production wise. So they asked around Portland to people who did science fairs for ideas and were surprised when suggested bringing in real science projects and did just that. 

• Love 1

The first two seasons were really good. Some episodes were so much fun like Fairytale one, Santa's Midnight Run, Apple of Discord, Image of Image and Happily Ever Afters. The City of Lights is saddest one but still ends with a little hope that maybe in the future they can do something. The Cost of Education with everyone at the college thinking all the weird stuff is completely normal like teachers and classmates disappearing in the middle of the night and warts that gives you screaming nightmares.

I love the call backs City of Lights has one from Horns of a Dilemma when Baird tells Jenkins after the bad training session loosing in battle despite good intel. The various magical artifacts that pop up later. Seeing the Tardis and DeLorean in the Final Curtain call, Roman and Greek God artifacts, Jones thinking he could scare Frankenstein with a lighter not realizing the book and movie were two different things. I love how many different things Cassandra, Stone, Jones and Baird supposedly did while under the spell in Happily Ever Afters and Jones getting up on the counter to chase the suspect and his "You've been watching too many cop shows" when Flynn points out that being an FBI agent is actually a lot of paperwork and stakeouts. Flynn using the lady's room as a door.

I like the slow reveal of who Jenkins is although I wish we got a little more from him. I love his friendship with Baird. Its really well done. They used him well. Him helping in Internal Conflict, him offering to help Dorian, and helping at the enclave when Jones messed up. I love season one about the King Arthur legend with other stories sprinkled in and season two about the Tempest. I always wondered if they planned to bring Morgan back at any point. I wondered if they ever planned to tell us what tree Flynn burned down in the Broken Staff when he faked out Prospero. 

I love how in season one the bad guy's henchwoman Lamia flirts with Stone, finds evil Flynn hot and worked with Cassandra in a different timeline. Season two we got the hot David S. Lee flirting with Baird and Cassandra fangirling over him. How helpful he was. I love how excited Flynn was when he thought he was Sherlock Holmes. I love Stone response to the Bouncer in Image of Image about American poet, then the two laughing later while unable to come up with a British poet or author who wasn't from Wales, Scotland, Ireland or elsewhere. Stone's frustration at everyone getting into the club but him. His comment about nothing about his outfit being country it made me think of Leverage and every time Eliot pointed out you can't fake country.       

Cassandra and Jones are the hardest ones to warm up too. It really depends on the episode. They erased all of Jones's character development from Point of Salvation. Cassandra's insisting on using magic always seems weird that she doesn't let go of the idea no matter how many times they see it go wrong. Maybe its more the writing of the characters. If they had her thinking that due to her tumor it would make more sense. But they never tie it back to that.  

• Love 1

Finally made it through all four seasons of the Librarians. I wondered if my opinion on the last two seasons would change but they really haven't. There are a lot of good episodes but also some weird ones. I really hate how the ended up dealing with Cassandra's tumor. Out of nowhere it hits serious level in episode 8 with the Eternal Question, her asking Jenkins out of the blue and getting mad at him when he turns her down. Then flirting with Estrella. I wish they would have handed it better and let up to the surgery.  Cassandra being the one who keeps wanting to use magic would make sense if they tied it back to her tumor. But they never really do which makes it hard like the Reunion of Evil when she keeps trying to insist on using magic and have Stone point out twice in that episode why its a bad idea. She was my least favorite during the first run but watching it through this time. I'm not entirely sure the writers had much of handle of her character. They had her flip flop lot, same with Jones. Its really disappointing they undid all of his character development after Point of Salvation. 

The annoying part of season 4 is suddenly the fear or thinking its a bad idea to have more then one Librarian. In the first two seasons its was obvious the Library changed the rules on only one librarian most likely due to Flynn's melt down in the third Librarian movie and in the first episode by deciding to switch to a team. But not one person suggests that.

As much as I really do like Flynn and want to see him part of the team. They never move him past is issues. We always end up resent back to the same ones no matter how many times they work on them or him trying to work past it.

I do like a lot of episodes I do love the team singing in And the Rise of Chaos, and how excited Stone and Jones are to go to the sub. How much fun Stone was having at the Reunion until Cassandra clued him in them being Frost Giants. He bluffed them pretty good until the end. I liked Cassandra hanging out with Meredith. Loved seeing Charlene again in Fangs of Death and that she got herself worshipers, almost falling for Baird's trick when she mentioned Cassandra was handling the books, and Baird and Jenkins together making their way to the military place. How excited Flynn was to go an adventure with Charlene. 

And the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy is probably my favorite of season three. The ups and down of prophecy. Baird, Stone and Jones getting pass the tests. I loved poor Jones being upset over his poor gold being destroyed.  Cassandra and Jenkins working together to figure out what happened to the team. The reveal that the Oracle was behind it all was a good one. Plus seeing the four having fun in the beginning of the episode and all five at the same place at the end.

The circus was creepy enough I always love seeing Jenkins out helping. Charlotte for telling Kirby they couldn't be friends now because he was psycho and everyone pointing out how terrible the circus really was and Kirby. Those costumes Cassandra picked out.

I liked Curse of Cindy and how Jones was probably already love with her before which was why he was unaffected. Flynn and Stone both falling under the spell/curse and Jenkins attempt to undo it ends up having them in love with each other.

And the Fatal Separation was okay but I really hate it because Charlene dies. I hated seeing her go. I loved seeing her out helping.  

I don't really like And the Wrath of Chaos with Baird betraying the library and it turning out to be plan of hers and Flynn's. 

I like Steal of Fortune in season 4, And the Silver Screen, and the Bleeding Crown. But my favorite ones are A Town Called Feud its great from beginning to end and I love when the ghosts take over the re-enactors bodies and their men. That one man who's so angry at the other guy for 'stealing all our boyfriends'. Seeing Jenkins now having to deal with being mortal. I love And Some Dude Name Jeff further having to deal with being mortal and someone else. But getting help from D&D fans and friends of Jeff. I love that when he finally tells them the truth about the body switch they completely believe him and help. How each test ended up fitting one of their skills. Jenkins correcting parts from their games and I loved seeing him joining their group at the end and insisting on being the dungeon master. 

• Love 1

Watching early episodes, and now I am wishing that Stone/Cassandra would have hooked up (but it might have crowded the romance canvas, as it were).  I like seeing Kane stretch his acting chops a little and not just be the one who gets to beat people up (Kane’s comfort zone). 

Thus said, I am sorry Cassandra stuck around.  I was ready for her to leave after the first season.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Bad news about The Librarians on Ovation. It looks to be gone from the schedule after tomorrow, only for it to appear again on Friday and that's it.

Capture.PNG

That stinks. But also surprising there were a lot of Librarian episodes loaded in the DVR for the next two weeks and now their gone. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

heheheh, s3e8: Eternal Question aka "the one with vampires"

Stone: I hate vampires (flexes left hand)

[His character in Angel gets his left hand cut off by Angel.]

I love that they did that. It was so funny.

Edited by andromeda331

I've never been able to watch The Librarians on TV before now, but when I discovered there's a channel on my Roku streaming channels called Electric Now, I have been catching up.

Good show!

BTW, if you go to https://www.electricnow.tv/, from 9:00 pm on Friday until 9:00 pm on Saturday, they're showing back to back episodes.  I don't know if this is only for a short time, or what.  They also show Leverage more than any other show all week long and all day Sunday, and have the first season of Almost Paradise.  All of these shows have Christian Kane in them.  (He played Eliot Spencer in Leverage, Jacob Stone in The Librarians, and is the lead on Almost Paradise.  I'd say that someone at Electric Now really likes him.  I find him yummy, so I don't mind a bit.)

• Love 1
On 2/28/2021 at 8:00 AM, Zahdii said:

I've never been able to watch The Librarians on TV before now, but when I discovered there's a channel on my Roku streaming channels called Electric Now, I have been catching up.

Good show!

BTW, if you go to https://www.electricnow.tv/, from 9:00 pm on Friday until 9:00 pm on Saturday, they're showing back to back episodes.  I don't know if this is only for a short time, or what.  They also show Leverage more than any other show all week long and all day Sunday, and have the first season of Almost Paradise.  All of these shows have Christian Kane in them.  (He played Eliot Spencer in Leverage, Jacob Stone in The Librarians, and is the lead on Almost Paradise.  I'd say that someone at Electric Now really likes him.  I find him yummy, so I don't mind a bit.)

WE will usually pop it on on Saturdays if there isn't much to watch. It reminds me how much I miss that show.  

• Love 2

The CW Sets Sophie Turner Drama ‘Joan’ and ‘The Librarians’ Spinoff for 2024 Premieres

"The Librarians: The Next Chapter" is coming to the CW sometime next year.

“The Librarians: The Next Chapter” is a spinoff of “The Librarians,” the fantasy series that ran on TNT for four seasons from 2014 to 2018 and was itself based on TNT’s film series of the same name. “The Librarians” followed the adventures of the custodians of a magical repository of the world’s most powerful and dangerous supernatural artifacts, while the new series centers on a time traveling librarian from the past who finds himself stuck in the present. When he returns to his castle, which has become a museum, he inadvertently releases magic across the continent. He is given a new team to help him clean up the mess he made, forming a new team of librarians.

Electric Entertainment and the CW produce. Dean Devlin, who wrote and produced the original series, serves as showrunner and executive produces alongside Rachel Olschan-Wilson and Marc Roskin, with Balkanic Media’s Jonathan English as producer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
On 5/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, AnimeMania said:

The CW Sets Sophie Turner Drama ‘Joan’ and ‘The Librarians’ Spinoff for 2024 Premieres

"The Librarians: The Next Chapter" is coming to the CW sometime next year.

“The Librarians: The Next Chapter” is a spinoff of “The Librarians,” the fantasy series that ran on TNT for four seasons from 2014 to 2018 and was itself based on TNT’s film series of the same name. “The Librarians” followed the adventures of the custodians of a magical repository of the world’s most powerful and dangerous supernatural artifacts, while the new series centers on a time traveling librarian from the past who finds himself stuck in the present. When he returns to his castle, which has become a museum, he inadvertently releases magic across the continent. He is given a new team to help him clean up the mess he made, forming a new team of librarians.

Electric Entertainment and the CW produce. Dean Devlin, who wrote and produced the original series, serves as showrunner and executive produces alongside Rachel Olschan-Wilson and Marc Roskin, with Balkanic Media’s Jonathan English as producer.

I'm looking forward to it a lot, however time traveler..... I know the series had some real Doctor Who moments (and I believe Noah Wylie is a fan) so this gives me some real Who vibes. Can't wait. Doctor Who lost its "fun" with some of the worst writing the last few series....... 

• Like 1

@AnimeMania Thanks for the information. “The Librarians: The Next Chapter” sounds great! I can't wait to see how far in the past the librarian is from.  (Anyone want to make a random guess/prediction). The show may be delayed due to the WAG and SAG strike, but I will be excited to watch it whenever it starts.  

(edited)

Your First Look at The Librarians of The CW’s Next Chapter Spinoff (Exclusive)
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 3, 2024
https://tvline.com/news/the-librarians-spinoff-the-cw-cast-photo-1235195834/ 

A spinoff of TNT’s three movies-and-four seasons franchise, The CW’s The Librarians: The Next Chapter centers on Vikram Chamberlin (played by Jamestown‘s Callum McGowan), a protean genius, swashbuckler and Librarian from the year 1847 who accidentally time-travels to present-day Central Europe and now finds himself stuck here. When Vikram returns to his castle, which is now a museum, he inadvertently releases magic across the continent. He in turn is given a team of talented young people to help him clean up the mess he made by reclaiming magical artifacts from those who would abuse them.

The question is: Will Vikram keep his oath to the Library (and his new team), or will he attempt to travel back to his own time where unfinished business — and his heart — remain?

Vikram’s team of new Librarians is comprised of Jessica Green (The Outpost) as Library “Guardian” Charlie Cornwall, Olivia Morris (Hotel Portofino) as Lysa Pascal, Bluey Robinson (Britannia) as Connor Green and Caroline Loncq (Mammals) as Mrs. Astolat, while from the franchise’s previous era, Christian Kane will reprise his role as Jacob Stone, on a guest-starring basis.

A premiere timetable for The CW’s The Librarians: The Next Chapter has not yet been set.

The-Librarians-The-Next-Chapter.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1