Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And I understood Goren's freak out in "Wee..." just as I got Alex on the stand. Here's some scumbag fake cop claiming to be a friend of his - by Judge Perv's order - who proceeds to cause, from what Goren told Eames, a massive psychotic breakdown with his questions. So much so, she had to be sedated and restrained.

I easily understood Goren blowing up, especially since he was also reaming the place out on the phone for their lax security and letting this guy in just based on his story.

Oh I absolutely got Goren’s freak out and I actually thought he was somewhat restrained, had that been me, I’m afraid I would’ve beaten Judge Rapist to a bloody pulp. That whole family was scum, I thought the son got off easy (I think Logan thought so as well) and I hope the parents went away for a long time.

• Love 2
Just now, Xeliou66 said:

Oh I absolutely got Goren’s freak out and I actually thought he was somewhat restrained, had that been me, I’m afraid I would’ve beaten Judge Rapist to a bloody pulp. That whole family was scum, I thought the son got off easy (I think Logan thought so as well) and I hope the parents went away for a long time.

Like - was it Logan? said - orange jumpsuits for that entire family for Christmas. I agree the son got off too easy and his "transformation" from arrogant little pissant who idolized his dick daddy to "he's a monster!" was so not believable to me.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Like - was it Logan? said - orange jumpsuits for that entire family for Christmas. I agree the son got off too easy and his "transformation" from arrogant little pissant who idolized his dick daddy to "he's a monster!" was so not believable to me.

I think it was Eames who said it was orange jumpsuits for the Garrett’s for Christmas but it might have been Logan. I agree that the son’s transformation wasn’t believable, in fact I think he was trying to save his own ass by testifying against his father, I don’t think he felt any remorse for all that had happened. I hated that entire family. I loved the episode though, like I’ve said before, it was cool to see the 4 detectives investigate the case together and I liked the heavier roles for Carver and Deakins as well.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 2
On 9/23/2019 at 8:27 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I think it was Eames who said it was orange jumpsuits for the Garrett’s for Christmas

It just ended, and you win a prize! It was Eames, not Logan. For the many times I have watched this, you'd think I would have remembered. Oh, well!

• Love 1

Oxygen is not showing CI on early morning Thursdays as of this week. Now it's early Tuesday morning. New fall schedule, I guess.

Which is fine, since where I live, the temperatures have gone from the 70s/80s for highs to the 50s (!) tomorrow.  I like the fall, just not so damned...abruptly!  😕 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jaded said:

I was happy to see Chris Noth on an episode of Meredith Vieira's new game show 25 Words or Less today.

Cool! I heard about that new show, but have no idea what it is. Sounds like a game show?

19 hours ago, Jaded said:

The 25 Words or Less show posts videos and pictures of people who've been on. As of yet none have been posted that have Chris in them. I keep checking. 

If anything pops up where Chris Noth is concerned, keep us posted!  🙂

Speaking of CN/Logan, "Renewal" (the episode where he meets neighbor Holly and becomes a bit vengeful upon her death after only one date!) was on recently again. Still a tangled mess between the dead cadet, con woman, and the side stuff with Holly. Too much packed in.

Especially with Wheeler also quickly having to run to Europe (I know, Julianne Nicholson's pregnancy) and Eames having to step in for Logan, etc.

Wish the writers would have chosen just one of the angles and told a more coherent story/episode.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

AHEM!!!! Really, all this talk about Noth should be in the Mothership thread. His character originated there and was on longer and in every episode.

I disagree.  😛  For good or bad, he was on CI since...S4, so his talk on the show in that time should go here, too! Yes, S4 was more a guest deal, but it was also setting up his coming back. So, counting S4, he was on CI for only a season less than the Mothership. (S4, 5, 6, 7), so almost equal weight! Odd, but true, if you think about it!  🙂

• Love 1

Speaking of Logan's run (ooh, a pun! I slay me!), I keep hearing conflicting info as to whether Chris Noth quit or was fired. (I recall reading...somewhere...that the writers felt Logan had reached his limit and everything had been told?)

Me, I just believe that USA was in its "quirk!" phase [as Monk was also airing then, etc.] and decided it wanted both detective teams to have an oddball, so in came Jeff Goldblum's Zack/Zach (?) Nichols.

And I still want to know what that look about Barek was all about when Ross mentioned her to Logan! I don't recall them being on bad terms. Yeah, he halfheartedly made a pass at her after shooting the cop in "To The Bone", but Barek called him on it, and they seemed okay. So that look made no sense to me at all.

I wonder if a story was supposed to come of it and was dropped?

• Love 1

Yeah Logan and Barek weren’t on bad terms in Barek’s last episode so I’m not sure what that was about. 

Renewal did have too much going on in it, and the whole Holly storyline was weird and awkward and not good at all. The only thing I liked about it was that Logan mentioned Lennie Briscoe!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I disagree.  😛  For good or bad, he was on CI since...S4, so his talk on the show in that time should go here, too! Yes, S4 was more a guest deal, but it was also setting up his coming back. So, counting S4, he was on CI for only a season less than the Mothership. (S4, 5, 6, 7), so almost equal weight! Odd, but true, if you think about it!  🙂

Nope, nope, nope. Unlike the Mothership, on this show, Noth/Logan wasn't on every week. So divide his seasons in half on this show and Mothership wins!

LALALALALALLALALLLALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah Logan and Barek weren’t on bad terms in Barek’s last episode so I’m not sure what that was about. 

Renewal did have too much going on in it, and the whole Holly storyline was weird and awkward and not good at all. The only thing I liked about it was that Logan mentioned Lennie Briscoe!

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope, nope, nope. Unlike the Mothership, on this show, Noth/Logan wasn't on every week. So divide his seasons in half on this show and Mothership wins!

LALALALALALLALALLLALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Maybe so. But since he was on CI, Logan stuff also belongs here is the point. *shrug* Mothership stuff should be mentioned in that thread and CI era here. All good. As for Noth mentions? Both threads qualify. More to enjoy.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah, I liked the dream mention. "I'm not dead, Mike!" But then Logan mentions waking up and Lennie still being gone.  😞

For some of the flack this show gets versus the other two (of the three big successes of the franchise, anyway!), I think CI respected Briscoe/Logan quite nicely, especially since Exiled seemed to want to shit on it. And as far as that goes, I have no idea what to think, because I thought I read Noth assisted in writing or had input in the movie? Maybe I'm wrong.

And hey, as I type, "Purgatory" just started and Mike Stoat is talking to Bobby. Trouble is, I only see Dean Winters as "Mayhem" now. LOL! Then again, considering what Stoat got Bobby into, I guess the name still fit then!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

since Exiled seemed to want to shit on it. And as far as that goes, I have no idea what to think, because I thought I read Noth assisted in writing or had input in the movie? Maybe I'm wrong.

You're not wrong. Noth actually wrote it. Or co-wrote it. And I remember thinking what he was smoking when he did. But of course, that movie NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

And the one thing I'll hold against this show is how much it SHIT upon Logan. Acting as if he was a dirty cop, had a history of trouble with IA, how Deakins screwed himself by "burning a lot of favors" to get Logan on his squad. Like Mike punching that murdering not that important Councilman was akin to taking bribes/killing someone at PP1. And it was a running theme. At least the 27 only shit on Mike in the movie that NEVER HAPPENED.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You're not wrong. Noth actually wrote it. Or co-wrote it. And I remember thinking what he was smoking when he did. But of course, that movie NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

And the one thing I'll hold against this show is how much it SHIT upon Logan. Acting as if he was a dirty cop, had a history of trouble with IA, how Deakins screwed himself by "burning a lot of favors" to get Logan on his squad. Like Mike punching that murdering not that important Councilman was akin to taking bribes/killing someone at PP1. And it was a running theme. At least the 27 only shit on Mike in the movie that NEVER HAPPENED.

Yeah, but by design then? Noth let the movie shit on Logan! So maybe he WANTED the draaaaammmmmaaaaaaa that went with it?! And CI took its lead from his S5 Mothership exit and the movie, so I don't strictly blame this arm of the franchise. They all shaped later Logan into how he was perceived.

• Love 1

"Betrayed" is airing as I type, and one scene I love is right after Alex and Bobby interview Roy's ex, Trina, and she gives them the sex tape with her and Roy, Alex just gets this look on her face as she hands it off to Bobby and Bobby takes the tape as if it has cooties.

Always good for a laugh there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, I liked the dream mention. "I'm not dead, Mike!" But then Logan mentions waking up and Lennie still being gone.  😞

For some of the flack this show gets versus the other two (of the three big successes of the franchise, anyway!), I think CI respected Briscoe/Logan quite nicely, especially since Exiled seemed to want to shit on it. And as far as that goes, I have no idea what to think, because I thought I read Noth assisted in writing or had input in the movie? Maybe I'm wrong.

And hey, as I type, "Purgatory" just started and Mike Stoat is talking to Bobby. Trouble is, I only see Dean Winters as "Mayhem" now. LOL! Then again, considering what Stoat got Bobby into, I guess the name still fit then!

I still find it weird seeing Dean Winters as another cop on CI since he played Cassidy on SVU. I know him as Mayhem as well, that’s what some of us refer to him as when discussing Cassidy on SVU. 

Logan mentioning dreaming about Lennie was the only thing I liked about Renewal. Don’t get me started on Exiled, that was a total shitfest, everyone was remarkably OOC especially Briscoe and Van Buren, and the story was lousy, the movie never should’ve been made. I’m very glad Logan came on to CI and that the terrible Exiled movie wasn’t the end for him.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I still find it weird seeing Dean Winters as another cop on CI since he played Cassidy on SVU.

Yeah. But maybe Wolf and/or Winters didn't want to make Cassidy a dirty cop and, since Wolf loves recycling actors, that's how Stoat came to be. And hey, if Jerry Orbach and S. Epatha Merkerson can play other characters before their signature roles, I guess all involved figured "why the hell not?" here, too.  🙂

• Love 1
On 10/10/2019 at 6:36 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Logan mentioning dreaming about Lennie was the only thing I liked about Renewal. Don’t get me started on Exiled, that was a total shitfest, everyone was remarkably OOC especially Briscoe and Van Buren, and the story was lousy, the movie never should’ve been made. I’m very glad Logan came on to CI and that the terrible Exiled movie wasn’t the end for him.

Yeah it's too bad that while they were bringing Logan back that they didn't find a way to retcon the whole Profaci thing too (speaking about characters who deserved a better end than that alleged movie). I mean you want to talk about out of character...

• Love 3
12 hours ago, wknt3 said:

Yeah it's too bad that while they were bringing Logan back that they didn't find a way to retcon the whole Profaci thing too (speaking about characters who deserved a better end than that alleged movie). I mean you want to talk about out of character...

Yes, trashing Profacci completely sucked, especially - for a peripheral character - just how long he appeared on the show! I would have accepted a retcon. And if the Mothership no longer wanted or needed the character, give him a happier ending or send him to CI or SVU, to give those another tie to the Mothership!

Still, in terms of Logan, I like that CI kept his impulsive/hot-headed streak but also allowed him some growth. I still liked the irony of Logan having to play the level-headed partner to Falacci. Nice role reversal!

On another note, as much as Goren could be a thorn in the side of his coworkers, I do wish we would have seen his reaction to Falacci and hers to him. I think Falacci ended up irritating Rodgers more in her short tenure than Bobby ever did.

• Love 2

Exiled was so awful in so many ways and shitting on Profaci by having him dismembering bodies for the mob was one of the stupidest things the franchise has ever done. Exiled was just so so awful.

I liked how Logan was on CI as well, he grew some and was calmer but still had a fiery passion, it was good character development. Like I’ve said before, I wish Falacci had been Logan’s permanent partner, she had personality and a spark compared to the dull Wheeler, and it was interesting to see Logan have to sometimes act as the mediator between Falacci and Ross.  

• Love 3

Wheeler seemed to stick versus Barek, but sometimes I wonder if Wolf or whoever just said screw it so they did not have to recast yet again? I say this because it seems like, for the most part, versus the other three detectives, Wheeler really wasn't all that developed. We know her mom was a waitress and her father split.

But the stories in synopses for episodes like her father's criminal activities and such never made it to air. And the whole deal with having a crooked fiancé lasted...what, an episode? Two, at most? Just seems to me like TPTB could not be bothered versus Logan, Nichols, Goren, and Eames. Then again, as I said prior, it did seem like Julianne Nicholson was off for maternity leave or having her character deal with being pregnant more than anything else in her short run.

Falacci did seem to have a spark, but Alicia Witt seems like she has a lot of varied projects. So even had Julianne Nicholson not wanted to return after her first pregnancy, I'm not sure that Falacci would have stuck around anyway.

Still...yeah, I liked Logan having to navigate her unpredictability.

• Love 1

"Gods and Insects" from the boring S9 is on WE, about ended now. The one with the two Iraqi war vets where one frames the other for murder. The guy being framed was the guy, Lippmann, in "Yesterday", that tortured and killed Alyssa Cooney, from Deakins' old case.

So whenever this S9 episode airs, I just can't feel sorry for the guy. He played the creepy killer so well before.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The guy being framed was the guy, Lippmann, in "Yesterday", that tortured and killed Alyssa Cooney, from Deakins' old case.

So whenever this S9 episode airs, I just can't feel sorry for the guy. He played the creepy killer so well before.

Ah, Jim True-Frost. He's been in so many shows but I'll always fondly remember him as Prez in The Wire, the cop who managed to accidentally shoot himself in his patrol car.

Yesterday the 2 episodes of Loyalty were on and once again I was outraged by the "O Captain, My Captain" speeches the writers chose to give Goren. There was no love lost between those 2, they butted heads every step of the way; of course Bobby would want to be part of the investigation, but not for imaginary sentimental reasons.

• Love 1

I saw Love on Ice today, that’s one of season 9’s better episodes, I liked how the case tied back to the old case and it had a gripping plot. The one thing that I found off was how the wife being the killer was deduced, it seemed to be figured out out of thin air and there wasn’t much leading up to it IMO. It was also frustrating that they couldn’t arrest Silvestri for Tom’s death, Silvestri was a creepy piece of shit, because apparently Silvestri lied about Tom raping him because Silvestri wouldn’t tell the truth that he was gay and in love with Tom and as a result they drowned Tom, did I get that right?

Also, once they found out Bailey was killed by a baseball bat, why didn’t they suspect the wife then since there were a lot of baseball bats in the house? 

Like I said, it was a good episode, but I found the revelation of the wife as the killer to come out of thin air and I thought Silvestri was a creepier and more villainous character. 

6 hours ago, Broderbits said:

There was no love lost between those 2, they butted heads every step of the way; of course Bobby would want to be part of the investigation, but not for imaginary sentimental reasons.

I 90% agree. Especially post-"Frame". But, to be fair (and I really didn't like Ross, which I have made plain!), Ross did help Goren get reinstated in "Purgatory" and helped save him from that prison drugging/dying in "Untethered" (of which Bobby would not have been there had Ross not nonchalantly sent Goren's nephew back after his being threatened, but I digress!).

So, maybe that made Goren's feelings a bit more complicated where Ross was concerned.

But fan wise, I do agree with you!

2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Silvestri was a creepy piece of shit, because apparently Silvestri lied about Tom raping him because Silvestri wouldn’t tell the truth that he was gay and in love with Tom and as a result they drowned Tom, did I get that right?

Yeah, you got that right.

2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Also, once they found out Bailey was killed by a baseball bat, why didn’t they suspect the wife then since there were a lot of baseball bats in the house? 

Because TPTB needed to fill 42 minutes of an episode?  😛

• Love 1

Regarding Douchebag Ross, I didn’t get why everyone was so shaken up when he bit the dust, it seemed a bit over the top for them to all be near tears at his murder, he was a condescending prick, the only one I could see being shaken was Nichols because he was once partners with Ross.

About Love on Ice, I liked the episode a lot but I felt the ending came out of left field with them sort of just stumbling on to the wife being the killer, it seemed like there was no build up or investigation that led to the wife as the killer. I wish that there had been more of a link between the old murder and the present day murder and I wish Silvestri had been arrested for Tom’s death, I found Silvestri loathsome.

• Love 1

Here's a question I don't think has been discussed much: "Bright Boy" just ended, the episode with Robbie the Faux Kid Genius. At the end, Bobby tells Robbie's father that if he confesses, Robbie could be spared the knowledge that his lie to his father about not being recommended for the academy is the reason dear ol' dad killed the social worker.

But...Robbie was old enough to know his father was going to prison for murder. So...wouldn't he ask his dad just why he killed Kim? What possible answer could the dad make up? I would think Robbie would know that it had something to do with the lie...

• Love 2
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Here's a question I don't think has been discussed much: "Bright Boy" just ended, the episode with Robbie the Faux Kid Genius. At the end, Bobby tells Robbie's father that if he confesses, Robbie could be spared the knowledge that his lie to his father about not being recommended for the academy is the reason dear ol' dad killed the social worker.

But...Robbie was old enough to know his father was going to prison for murder. So...wouldn't he ask his dad just why he killed Kim? What possible answer could the dad make up? I would think Robbie would know that it had something to do with the lie...

Yeah I saw the end of that episode last night and I’ve always thought the same thing- Robbie was smart enough to figure out that his lie was the reason dad killed the social worker, so I don’t think the dad confessing and pleading guilty spared Robbie that knowledge, he would figure that out. It did spare Robbie from having to testify against his father though, so I can understand the dad taking a plea for that reason.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yeah I saw the end of that episode last night and I’ve always thought the same thing- Robbie was smart enough to figure out that his lie was the reason dad killed the social worker, so I don’t think the dad confessing and pleading guilty spared Robbie that knowledge, he would figure that out. It did spare Robbie from having to testify against his father though, so I can understand the dad taking a plea for that reason.

I know CI did callbacks. This is one case where I would have liked to see how screwed up - or not! - Robbie became after all that went down.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know CI did callbacks. This is one case where I would have liked to see how screwed up - or not! - Robbie became after all that went down.

I like to think Goren kept in touch with him, as he did with Wally in "Probability." 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Sigmagirl said:

I like to think Goren kept in touch with him, as he did with Wally in "Probability." 

Oh, I like that thought!

On another note, Oxygen is currently showing "Badge". I know I said this, but Viola Davis was ice cold there. And I love Goren trying to play a "typical [exaggerated] Brooklyn-accented lunkhead cop" against Terry Randolph.

• Love 4

HA! Watching "Suite Sorrow," in which rich hotelier Nan Turner is murdered in her bath by a surfeit of Botox, and on comes a commercial for . . . Botox Cosmetic™, to get rid of those pesky wrinkles and laugh lines. Forever, as it happens.

• LOL 5
15 hours ago, Sigmagirl said:

HA! Watching "Suite Sorrow," in which rich hotelier Nan Turner is murdered in her bath by a surfeit of Botox, and on comes a commercial for . . . Botox Cosmetic™, to get rid of those pesky wrinkles and laugh lines. Forever, as it happens.

I liked Alex's answer to Bobby when he asked if Botox freezes facial muscles, when she dryly said, "Does it look like I'd know?" Also loved her little exchange with the woman in the waiting room as she tried to guess why Alex had such great skin, playing 20 questions as Alex deadpans, "Just soap and water!".

• Love 3
On 10/29/2019 at 4:16 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, I like that thought!

On another note, Oxygen is currently showing "Badge". I know I said this, but Viola Davis was ice cold there. And I love Goren trying to play a "typical [exaggerated] Brooklyn-accented lunkhead cop" against Terry Randolph.

Terry Randolph was such an evil bitch, I hope she got the death penalty. I also liked how Goren was in that episode and how he matched up against her. 

The one thing that I’ve always disliked about Badge was how Van Buren’s appearance was handled, Van Buren seemed OOC and it didn’t make her look good defending Randolph’s character, I never bought that Van Buren would praise someone like Randolph. While I did like seeing Goren, Eames and Carver interacting with Van Buren, and Van Buren did help them nail Randolph in the end, I found Van Buren to be somewhat OOC in her appearance. It’s too bad because CI didn’t crossover with characters from the other franchises very often, and so I wish Van Buren had been used better in her only appearance on CI.

• Love 1

Actor Brian Tarantina, who played Vic Bowman/alias Mitch LeBlanc [the convict that ran away with Jenny, the evil warden's wife] in "Prisoner" in season 5 and who played the guy in the warehouse that Goren/Eames question in the season 8 premiere, "Playing Dead", was found dead at his home in NYC. He was 60. Cause of death, as of now, is unknown.

He seemed to have quite the list of credits. May he RIP.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:55 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I liked the reference to Lennie taking Rodgers to the opera. Funny, I don't picture Lennie as an opera kind of guy, but I guess he did it to make Rodgers happy then. Awww.

Elizabeth "Free Javelins" Rodgers was one of the greatest unsung heroes of the entire franchise!! ☺

• Love 7
10 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Elizabeth "Free Javelins" Rodgers was one of the greatest unsung heroes of the entire franchise!! ☺

Yep, at least 99% of the time! (Except when douche Captain Ross tricked her into spilling Goren's personal info! But that was a lone misstep.)

Huh, right now, in late night, WE is showing "Unchained" from S5. [Logan/Barek]

• Love 2

I could swear that each time they go through season 5, they add back in episodes they left out in the first run - I don't remember them showing Unchained last time (I need to see it again). Or is it just me?

3 minutes ago, ML89 said:

I could swear that each time they go through season 5, they add back in episodes they left out in the first run - I don't remember them showing Unchained last time (I need to see it again). Or is it just me?

At least ION showed them all. 

• Love 3