Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I can't watch the revived Mothership. Sam Waterston makes me sad.

I enjoy the Mothership revival much more than the soapy shitshow that is SVU now. And I love seeing Jack McCoy back each episode, he’s a legendary character and he’s still just as great as he’s always been. The revival has its flaws but it’s better than SVU by a lot IMO. SVU is great at trashing their characters, about the only thing they are good at now LOL.

11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Deakins should have left via a promotion. It still would have given us a new captain, since Sheridan wanted out, but it would have been better for Deakins!

Deakins deserved to either retire on his own terms or get promoted - he was a great captain. Not only does it piss me off that they botched his exit story, but Goren/Eames should’ve been in the squad room when he departed, that felt so off that they didn’t make a cameo. At least he had the nice moment with Carver at the end. 

• Like 5

Kind of an ironic day to post sad news, but per Deadline, actor Kamar de los Reyes, who was a guest star in the S8 episode, "Alpha Dog" (the friend who finds the male model's dead body when he slides open the bedroom door!) has died of cancer at just 56.

He, per the article, also had a role in the upcoming Daredevil revival, also starring VDO.

Reyes' real-life wife, Sherri Saum, played nurse and voodoo healer, Lydia Wyatt, in the S5 episode, "The Healer", which ironically was on just the other night.

I feel for her and their kids. May he rest in peace. (They met when they played love interests on the soap, One Life To Live.)

• Sad 4
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Kind of an ironic day to post sad news, but per Deadline, actor Kamar de los Reyes, who was a guest star in the S8 episode, "Alpha Dog" (the friend who finds the male model's dead body when he slides open the bedroom door!) has died of cancer at just 56.

He, per the article, also had a role in the upcoming Daredevil revival, also starring VDO.

Reyes' real-life wife, Sherri Saum, played nurse and voodoo healer, Lydia Wyatt, in the S5 episode, "The Healer", which ironically was on just the other night.

I feel for her and their kids. May he rest in peace. (They met when they played love interests on the soap, One Life To Live.)

May his memory be a blessing.

I was just watching 'The Healer' on Peacock this morning. 

• Like 3

Funny we were just talking about Deakins’ exit, because Deakins last two episodes were on tonight. As I’ve said before I dislike Deakins exit and it left a bad taste in my mouth, it just made him look like a quitter, which he wasn’t. He should’ve either been promoted to Chief (which would’ve left the door open for future appearances) or decided to retire on his own terms. And he should’ve had a goodbye scene with Goren/Eames.

I do like the cases in the final two episodes for Deakins - On Fire had a classic dysfunctional family in the Reid’s that were quite entertaining. I liked how Goren/Eames got to the bottom of the case. I wondered if Justin’s dad had any idea that his wife had sex with his son? I couldn’t get a feel for whether that guy had any idea his wife was a creep who preyed on his son or whether or not he cared? That part of the episode was puzzling to me. But what a dysfunctional mess that family was. 
i did think that the investigation moved rather fast, with Goren quickly deducing which church was the real target and then zeroing in on Glenn as the mastermind with his douchebag roommate as the other perp. I did like the twist that Justin killed the douche roommate Charlie to try to protect Glenn, and that Justin had no idea Glenn was his son.

The Good is a solid episode as well - I like how Logan/Barek put the pieces together and realized the business partner masterminded the murders, and I liked how Logan got through to the son of the killer at the end. I also liked seeing Deakins get a heavier role, and his goodbye with Carver was nice.

Those episodes mark the end of what I consider “classic” CI - the show went rapidly downhill in season 6 with douchebag Ross being introduced in the episode that’s on now, Blind Spot. Such a shame Deakins didn’t get a better exit, it’s a shame Carver never got an exit, and it’s a shame Ross was even brought on. I know the show is about the cases first, which is one reason I like it so much, but a brief exit storyline would be nice for characters, as long as they don’t fuck it up like they did Deakins. 

• Like 4

Sometimes, I wonder if Ron Carver went into private practice as a defense attorney or became a judge somewhere, but after the Mothership's massacring poor Jamie Ross, who WAS a judge and then wasn't for...reasons, I think we're better off not knowing!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sometimes, I wonder if Ron Carver went into private practice as a defense attorney or became a judge somewhere, but after the Mothership's massacring poor Jamie Ross, who WAS a judge and then wasn't for...reasons, I think we're better off not knowing!

I would love to think Carver became a judge - he would be an excellent judge with his sharp knowledge of the law and unbiased and professional standard. But yeah any returns of previous characters make me nervous, especially after L&O took a shit on Jamie for no reason at all - I have no idea what the hell the writers were thinking doing that - disgraceful. At least Barek made it through her SVU appearance unscathed and it was nice to see she got promoted, and it was awesome that she mentioned Goren and everyone knew who he was. 
I would’ve loved to have seen Carver and/or Deakins make a cameo in CI season 10 when they knew the show was ending, just to give more closure to them. We’ll likely never know what Carver did after leaving the DA’s office, but nothing is out of the question - I never thought the Mothership would come back, with Jack McCoy as DA no less, I never thought Stabler would get a spin-off, and I never thought we would see or hear of Barek again after almost two decades, so nothing is off limits.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Barek didn't get an exit either, and then when she was on SVU, apparently mentioned Goren not Logan? All we got of her leaving was some kind of snap from Ross to Logan about bringing Barek back if he didn't like Wheeler and that was just a "huh?" moment. After that first case, they seemed to get along.

Ross and Wheeler just sunk the Logan side way down too plus Eames gets kidnapped and they don't even mention Logan and Wheeler in the mix somehow. All kinds of weird.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ML89 said:

Barek didn't get an exit either, and then when she was on SVU, apparently mentioned Goren not Logan? All we got of her leaving was some kind of snap from Ross to Logan about bringing Barek back if he didn't like Wheeler and that was just a "huh?" moment. After that first case, they seemed to get along.

Ross and Wheeler just sunk the Logan side way down too plus Eames gets kidnapped and they don't even mention Logan and Wheeler in the mix somehow. All kinds of weird.

I agree about the line from Ross about bringing Barek back was just weird, Barek and Logan got along fine, that made no sense. And yeah Wheeler was dull as dirt, I really wish Falacci had become permanent in season 7. And it was weird that Eames was kidnapped and the entire squad was racing around and Logan wasn’t mentioned - that would’ve been a great time for the 2 sets of detectives to work together again - it would’ve been Wheeler’s first appearance so I can see not wanting to introduce her that way but Logan should’ve appeared, it would’ve been great to see him work with Goren again. 

• Like 5
On 12/29/2023 at 9:29 AM, ML89 said:

Well, maybe Logan hitting on Barek after he killed that cop in "To The Bone" could have caused strain. But Barek called Logan out on it right away, and then they seemed on an even keel again, so the weird reaction when Ross told Logan that he could try to get Barek back made zero sense, otherwise.

If the show wanted an issue, it should just have left things awkward with Barek/Logan. But - as I said - they seemed okay after Barek called Logan out on trying to alienate her and after he spoke with Olivet, so...

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, maybe Logan hitting on Barek after he killed that cop in "To The Bone" could have caused strain. But Barek called Logan out on it right away, and then they seemed on an even keel again, so the weird reaction when Ross told Logan that he could try to get Barek back made zero sense, otherwise.

If the show wanted an issue, it should just have left things awkward with Barek/Logan. But - as I said - they seemed okay after Barek called Logan out on trying to alienate her and after he spoke with Olivet, so...

Yep, just another example of the piss poor writing of season 6 of CI.

It was nice to see Barek again years later in SVU, I was stunned when she came back, I figured no one remembered her existence. And I loved that she mentioned Goren and the whole room of officers knew who he was. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yep, just another example of the piss poor writing of season 6 of CI.

It was nice to see Barek again years later in SVU, I was stunned when she came back, I figured no one remembered her existence. And I loved that she mentioned Goren and the whole room of officers knew who he was. 

As I have said, I was nervous when it was announced that Barek would be making an appearance on SVU since the writers have crapped all over some of its own characters, and while Barek was never a top favorite character of mine, I did like her well enough, so I was a bit scared that she was back to be destroyed. So I was glad she was promoted and seemed to make it out relatively intact.

(I say relatively because Barek on CI would have spotted the dirty cop in her midst pretty quickly.)

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

As I have said, I was nervous when it was announced that Barek would be making an appearance on SVU since the writers have crapped all over some of its own characters, and while Barek was never a top favorite character of mine, I did like her well enough, so I was a bit scared that she was back to be destroyed. So I was glad she was promoted and seemed to make it out relatively intact.

(I say relatively because Barek on CI would have spotted the dirty cop in her midst pretty quickly.)

Agreed with this 100%. Other than not immediately spotting the dirty cop, Barek made it out of the episode unscathed and it was nice that she had been promoted. And yeah SVU has trashed many characters - I’ll never forgive them for the awful ways Barba and Stone were written out. SVU likes trashing every character except Olivia for cheap drama and to make Olivia look like even more of a saint.

• Like 4

BBC America aired the first five episodes of Season One from noon through 4:00 today but they have now switched to Season Five starting with Episode One. I was enjoying revisiting the series’ origins.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Clawdette said:

BBC America aired the first five episodes of Season One from noon through 4:00 today but they have now switched to Season Five starting with Episode One. I was enjoying revisiting the series’ origins.  

If you have Peacock, you can also stream the entire series there, if you still want to watch the earlier seasons!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I watched the start of the show on BBC America as well - it’s impressive how CI started off so strong and had its formula down from the start.

One is a terrific pilot episode - great investigation with Goren/Eames tracking down the thieves, we got to see Goren’s unique investigative style from the start, and Goren/Eames already had a good partnership and played off of each other well. Goren’s interrogation of Gia was great. Deakins and Carver got good intros also and were solid in their roles. I liked seeing Nora Lewin make a crossover cameo to establish the show as in the L&O franchise, it was interesting seeing Nora interact with Carver and Goren - that was the only time Nora interacted with a police officer that we saw I believe. Very strong start to the show.

Art is a strong second episode - I liked Goren’s knowledge of paintings and attention to detail, and I liked the ending where he confronted Sylvia at the murder scene with the evidence against her. Another good investigation and case. Not much of Deakins but Carver had a nice role.

• Like 3

At least "Art" was close to what the real Major Case is apparently about: Art and thefts, etc.

(Of course, no way could there be 10 seasons of just that, so they do investigate murder on the fictitious version, but at least the beginning at least tried to stay in the realm of what entailed in Major Case.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 6/27/2022 at 4:06 PM, peacheslatour said:

VDO and Kathryn Erbe were lightning in a bottle. Just inspiring to watch, they had such great chemistry.

And none of the romantic kind! Despite what the numbnuts in the latter years tried to say otherwise.

Hey y'all! I'm back to watching, and this show was on Charge! but jumped from the second to last episode of season 4 to 7, so nope.  Plus they now have the most idiotic censoring going on there now, too.

BBC America started with season one on New Year's, so I'm back watching. But of course I can't wait, so I'm watching the unedited on Peacock and just finished season one.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And none of the romantic kind! Despite what the numbnuts in the latter years tried to say otherwise.

Hey y'all! I'm back to watching, and this show was on Charge! but jumped from the second to last episode of season 4 to 7, so nope.  Plus they now have the most idiotic censoring going on there now, too.

BBC America started with season one on New Year's, so I'm back watching. But of course I can't wait, so I'm watching the unedited on Peacock and just finished season one.

I watch on Charge! too. They have censored a few words though and they cut to commercial at odd times but I'm still gonna watch.

• Like 3
Just now, peacheslatour said:

I watch on Charge! too. They have censored a few words though and they cut to commercial at odd times but I'm still gonna watch.

So far as I've seen, BBC America doesn't bleep out not so bad words like "ass" or "crap", though I don't recall if they bleep out slurs from the Mothership.

I'm just confuzzled why Charge! didn't air season's 4 finale, and just jumped to the middle of 7. Or maybe the first episode of 7, I can't recall.

I love the first three seasons so so much because we have smart Bobby Goren; Bobby who has all kinds of friends from all walks of life, who he can tap for help on the cases. 

"Faith" is such a ridiculous episode. That Christine? the editor? Who NEVER met "Erica" "KNOWS" she exists and is real? Even when she's never met her? And so killed George because he figured Barb and Toby as con artists? It doesn't help that I can't STAND Mia Dillon who played Barb. Her voice-bit it normal or as Erica, is nails on a chalkboard for me. Her characters on the mothership also irritated me.

But yeah. Not a good look for Van Buren in "Badge" with her naivete about Randolph. Though Viola Davis kicked it out of the park. At least Lennie and Ed weren't pod people when they crossed over.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So far as I've seen, BBC America doesn't bleep out not so bad words like "ass" or "crap", though I don't recall if they bleep out slurs from the Mothership.

I'm just confuzzled why Charge! didn't air season's 4 finale, and just jumped to the middle of 7. Or maybe the first episode of 7, I can't recall.

I love the first three seasons so so much because we have smart Bobby Goren; Bobby who has all kinds of friends from all walks of life, who he can tap for help on the cases. 

"Faith" is such a ridiculous episode. That Christine? the editor? Who NEVER met "Erica" "KNOWS" she exists and is real? Even when she's never met her? And so killed George because he figured Barb and Toby as con artists? It doesn't help that I can't STAND Mia Dillon who played Barb. Her voice-bit it normal or as Erica, is nails on a chalkboard for me. Her characters on the mothership also irritated me.

But yeah. Not a good look for Van Buren in "Badge" with her naivete about Randolph. Though Viola Davis kicked it out of the park. At least Lennie and Ed weren't pod people when they crossed over.

I watched a bit on BBC America on New Year's day thank to a heads up from someone here. I hope they start doing more of them.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And none of the romantic kind!

I saw a spark and think it could go either way. *shrug*

But we each see what we see (or don't as the case may be!), so...tomato, tomahto, yadda yadda...

As for BBC America, it kept pixelating/freezing [I have Charter Spectrum as my cable provider!] on me, and it was basically useless to watch there.

Hopefully, it gets better by the time the show airs again next week...

6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I watched a bit on BBC America on New Year's day thank to a heads up from someone here. I hope they start doing more of them.

I think that was me. The show airs - from what I gather by listings - every Monday from noon to 5:00 p.m. on BBC America!

(Seems WE has finally dropped the series entirely. Just as well. Now I don't have to see commercials on that channel for its reality trash fests!)

So now it airs on Charge!, Sundance, and BBC America.

So, "Self Made" is just ending on Charge!. I do actually like the episode, but the explanation of Kyra's murder - with the flashback style - almost makes the ending a bit Deus ex machina there, to me.

Still, a decent episode overall...

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The recent weekend marathon aired S4 on NYE, different from the weekday ones on Charge!.

The Monday through Friday episodes are in the midst of Season 7, which seems to stay on track this weekend, continuing S7.

The Toronto spinoff has a date: February 22nd, although unsure if it will air in the US. Says it can be streamed on the CityTV site, but I assume that is just for Canadians, unless a VPN would work?

(edited)
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I saw a spark and think it could go either way. *shrug*

But we each see what we see (or don't as the case may be!), so...tomato, tomahto, yadda yadda...

You know I don't agree! We talked about this when this was a full forum. That spark or whatever, was pure fan service, and detracted and pissed on the otherwise wonderful partnership they had.

I mean, his excitement that Alex was going to be her sister's surrogate (to explain Kathryn's real life pregnancy-GENIUS!) and then realizing he would need a temporary partner while she was out on maternity leave. Never fails to make me giggle. Bobby's like a little boy. And Alex's line: "I Pity the Fool" for who his temp partner will be also makes me laugh.

It's why I don't care for how Bobby is suddenly a problem for the NYPD, like Logan was, from season 6 on and how they shit upon his character and everything that made him unique-his thought process, smarts, the LEAN-were erased.

And then that fucking fan service/ridonkulous line when Alex crossed over to SVU about how she was in luuurve with Bobby without actually coming out and saying it.

But hey! While I love the poster--I'm so glad it's not monosyllabic Barek and Useless Wheeler,  but Fallaci! I think one with Deakins, instead of that  asshat Ross, would be better. I'll take Barek over his assholey self.

Season two: off to a great start but then UGH-we meet Nicole. YUCK. But I'm looking forward to "Shandeh" so much. So jarring to see Linda Lavin (who will always be Alice for me) as a villain. And Ned Eisenberg, as one of the good recurring defense attorneys on the Mothership, as a mealy-mouthed wuss, just shows how good he is.

And Doogie's best friend as a killer! Oy Vey!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You know I don't agree! We talked about this when this was a full forum. That spark or whatever, was pure fan service, and detracted and pissed on the otherwise wonderful partnership they had.

I mean, his excitement that Alex was going to be her sister's surrogate (to explain Kathryn's real life pregnancy-GENIUS!) and then realizing he would need a temporary partner while she was out on maternity leave. Never fails to make me giggle. Bobby's like a little boy. And Alex's line: "I Pity the Fool" for who his temp partner will be also makes me laugh.

It's why I don't care for how Bobby is suddenly a problem for the NYPD, like Logan was, from season 6 on and how they shit upon his character and everything that made him unique-his thought process, smarts, the LEAN-were erased.

And then that fucking fan service/ridonkulous line when Alex crossed over to SVU about how she was in luuurve with Bobby without actually coming out and saying it.

But hey! While I love the poster--I'm so glad it's not monosyllabic Barek and Useless Wheeler,  but Fallaci! I think one with Deakins, instead of that  asshat Ross, would be better. I'll take Barek over his assholey self.

Season two: off to a great start but then UGH-we meet Nicole. YUCK. But I'm looking forward to "Shandeh" so much. So jarring to see Linda Lavin (who will always be Alice for me) as a villain. And Ned Eisenberg, as one of the good recurring defense attorneys on the Mothership, as a mealy-mouthed wuss, just shows how good he is.

And Doogie's best friend as a killer! Oy Vey!

Agree to disagree as far as shipping goes. I see a spark, you don't. All good. 

Everyone has their POV. And no one is going to change their mind, so... *shrug*

But I will agree that the show went to the Nicole well too many times. She was a cartoon. She should have died in S4.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Agree to disagree as far as shipping goes. I see a spark, you don't. All good. 

Everyone has their POV. And no one is going to change their mind, so... *shrug*

But I will agree that the show went to the Nicole well too many times. She was a cartoon. She should have died in S4.

I never really saw a romantic spark between Goren/Eames but I can see why others do - they did have great chemistry and were a great partnership. I liked how the ending just had them going off to solve another case and it was a satisfying ending for both shippers and non shippers - really well done. Unlike SVU which is not only a soapy shitshow now but is hell bent on dragging out the Benson/Stabler ship for as long as possible until they inevitably get together at the end. 
And you know my feelings on Nicole - can’t fucking stand her. It got so absurd, it would’ve been okay if she had been killed at the end of Great Barrier. 

• Like 3

Tonight's mini Charge! marathon has Goren torture porn, meaning "Untethered" (sorry, @peacheslatour!) and "Purgatory" along with the final Falacci episode, "Senseless", and Wheeler's first episode back in S7, "Contract".

3 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I never really saw a romantic spark between Goren/Eames but I can see why others do - they did have great chemistry and were a great partnership. I liked how the ending just had them going off to solve another case and it was a satisfying ending for both shippers and non shippers - really well done. Unlike SVU which is not only a soapy shitshow now but is hell bent on dragging out the Benson/Stabler ship for as long as possible until they inevitably get together at the end. 
And you know my feelings on Nicole - can’t fucking stand her. It got so absurd, it would’ve been okay if she had been killed at the end of Great Barrier. 

Yep, we have discussed this, too.

If others don't see anything but friendship, cool! But some do see more. Neither side is right nor wrong. The beauty of opinions!

The key is just respecting those differences and this board is good about that.

Speaking of opinions, I wish Nicole had fallen down a sewer, never to be seen again! (I'll admit Olivia D'Abo did a stellar job, but the law of diminishing returns due to the pretzel writing to keep her around just soured me on the character. I really do wish that NBC poll had killed Nicole years ago in "Great Barrier", but at least it happened, albeit three seasons later!)

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Tonight's mini Charge! marathon has Goren torture porn, meaning "Untethered" (sorry, @peacheslatour!) and "Purgatory" along with the final Falacci episode, "Senseless", and Wheeler's first episode back in S7, "Contract".

Yep, we have discussed this, too.

If others don't see anything but friendship, cool! But some do see more. Neither side is right nor wrong. The beauty of opinions!

The key is just respecting those differences and this board is good about that.

Speaking of opinions, I wish Nicole had fallen down a sewer, never to be seen again! (I'll admit Olivia D'Abo did a stellar job, but the law of diminishing returns due to the pretzel writing to keep her around just soured me on the character. I really do wish that NBC poll had killed Nicole years ago in "Great Barrier", but at least it happened, albeit three seasons later!)

My head canon says she was down in a gutter, penniless, in pain and she begs G&E for help and they look down and whisper "No".

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 1/3/2024 at 5:04 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ridiculous, yes. But it was based on reality, sadly enough. Another case of a book penned with exaggerations/falsehoods.

See details at this link, and scroll to Background Info and Notes.

So, "ripped from the headlines" struck again.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ridiculous, yes. But it was based on reality, sadly enough. Another case of a book penned with exaggerations/falsehoods.

See details at this link, and scroll to Background Info and Notes.

So, "ripped from the headlines" struck again.

Oh, I know. The last handful of season one had the disclaimer of "although based on a real case" blah, blah, all characters are fictitious, blah, blah, blah. But Christine was so waaaay over the top over a girl she'd never met, and basically rewrote her story.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Shadow Lass said:

Until Rene Balcer brought her back. :-)

I choose not to acknowledge that French series. As far as the L&O 'verse is concerned, Nicole is worm food!

YAY! 😎

• Like 2

Hi, all!

As you're likely aware by now, there are no longer single thread topics on this site with the update.

Every show is a forum. If you have shows on your customized home page, and do not see them, you may have to type the show's name in the search box and re-subscribe, as the single thread topics are now considered a topic in the overall forum.

(Hopefully some see this post, as this show was not on my home page until I did as described above!)

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Too bad they didn’t repopulate the old forum and reinstate all the old threads like they did with the mothership!

Would have been far too much work, de-vaulting everything for every show turned thread. So...fresh start!

30 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Would have been far too much work, de-vaulting everything for every show turned thread. So...fresh start!

I e noticed a lot of the previous shows that were vaulted have been reinstated-but with the V in the title. And all the threads are there as well. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I e noticed a lot of the previous shows that were vaulted have been reinstated-but with the V in the title. And all the threads are there as well. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

Yeah, saw after I posted what I did.

So, to revise: Unsure what the status is, if this is some glitch with the changeover or if old forums are being de-vaulted. A bit murky now.

Stay tuned, I guess!

4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

FYI BBC America is running CI from noon to five pm Pacific Time on Mondays now.

Yep! Began on January 1st. Same time on the east coast.

• Love 1

I watched The View From Up Here last night. I had just watched the Friends episode where Eddie (Adam Goldburg) moves in with Chandler. I guess he must have been everyone's go to for psychotic weirdo back then.

• Like 2