Type keyword(s) to search

Law & Order: Criminal Intent - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, wknt3 said:

The difference in credits here is just a reflection of seniority. Chernuchin had been with Dick Wolf for a long time by then and Leight was new. Executive Producer is a very nebulous title given to everyone from senior writers to actors looking for an ego boost to show runners to actual production executives. It's more about looking very impressive in the opening credits than any sort of defined duties or contributions.

Thanks. I just noticed that Chernuchin wasn't part of the writing or credits in the first season. I've been paying close attention to the writing credits. And it also seems after someone has written or co-written a few episodes, within the same season, they'll get the "ego boost" of "co-executive producer" credit. 🙄

• Love 1
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks. I just noticed that Chernuchin wasn't part of the writing or credits in the first season. I've been paying close attention to the writing credits. And it also seems after someone has written or co-written a few episodes, within the same season, they'll get the "ego boost" of "co-executive producer" credit. 🙄

According to various DVD commentaries there actually are writers' guild rules concerning title credits. Basically it's determined by previous experience, tenure with the show and/or production company, and how many other writers are on staff. As far as actors/etc. are concerned it's solely a matter of what you negotiate with the exception of "produced by," "created by," "developed by," etc. where the unions have negotiated specific criteria and, I believe,  guaranteed compensation.

Edited by wknt3
  • Useful 2
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The best part of "Cherry Red" is watching both Bobby and Carver turn into tween boys, as they "ooh" and "ahh" over all those vintage car models! I think I would have liked to have seen how Deakins would have reacted!😅

That was like when Van Buren went all fangurl over some TV talk show lady in Blackmail.

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

That cracked me up. And it was nice seeing Alex get one over on Bobby.

But that episode just seemed too out of the realm of reality. I'd LOVE to believe someone could "recover" from Alzheimer's (having had a grandmother suffering from it, I would have given anything for such a scenario in real life!), but as of yet, it's just a dream. So the premise was heavily flawed. Not to mention, the actual investigation into who killed the Senator's daughter seemed to be usurped by the whole "stealing his brain" deal with more focus on Spencer Durning and his poor son than the actual murder.

Even if the actor that played the son did a great job!

But then, the whole cryogenics deal was a direct nod to the Ted Williams saga [as I was told here when I asked about this!], so maybe TPTB got sidetracked here because of that.

Cold Comfort is one of the few weak episodes of season 2 IMO, both because of the far fetched plot and because, like you said, they completely forgot about trying to track down the hitwoman who committed the murder, she was still unknown and wasn’t caught by the end of the episode!! It took a backseat to all of the craziness about the Senator’s brain. Not one of my favorite episodes.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The best part of "Cherry Red" is watching both Bobby and Carver turn into tween boys, as they "ooh" and "ahh" over all those vintage car models! I think I would have liked to have seen how Deakins would have reacted!😅

That was great! But I also loved when Bobby got into the very real Porsche and was just a gleeful kid, saying how he couldn't say how it felt in mixed company. Then the perp is taken away [still crying that Bobby was in his car!] and Eames tells him, "You have to come out now!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

That was great! But I also loved when Bobby got into the very real Porsche and was just a gleeful kid, saying how he couldn't say how it felt in mixed company. Then the perp is taken away [still crying that Bobby was in his car!] and Eames tells him, "You have to come out now!"

Oh absolutely!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol, Goren: "Max! Max, play nice!" in Privilege. I love it when he playacts.

Yeah, that was cute.  ☺ Always liked when G/E went undercover. The shoe store bit is still #1, though, as the yuppie couple.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

That was like when Van Buren went all fangurl over some TV talk show lady in Blackmail.

She actually didn’t. She just loves the show that Samantha Bee’s character hosted- like she told Lupo and Bernard-she could turn her brain off for an hour. Not the same as Bobby and Carver on awe of all those vintage cars.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She actually didn’t. She just loves the show that Samantha Bee’s character hosted- like she told Lupo and Bernard-she could turn her brain off for an hour. Not the same as Bobby and Carver on awe of all those vintage cars.

Considering Bobby himself drove what looked like a vintage Mustang (seen pretty well in "Purgatory"), it's not at all surprising seeing him act - as Alex joked - like a little boy on a play date when researching all of those classic cars.

Nice to see Lewis in "Cherry Red" again, too. (It would also be his last physical appearance, though he got a mention in S10.)

• Love 4
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Considering Bobby himself drove what looked like a vintage Mustang (seen pretty well in "Purgatory"), it's not at all surprising seeing him act - as Alex joked - like a little boy on a play date when researching all of those classic cars.

Nice to see Lewis in "Cherry Red" again, too. (It would also be his last physical appearance, though he got a mention in S10.)

I liked Lewis a lot, he was a cool guy. What season 10 episode was he mentioned in? It’s been a while since I’ve seen season 10 and I can’t recall when he was mentioned.

• Love 1

Another thing that I will lay at Leight's feet (Yes, I'm petty) is the disappearance of all of Bobby's friends/pals and sources we saw him reach out to in the first two seasons when they were investigating cases. And yes, even the fact that he dated.

But Leight and whoever thought it was better, better?! to destroy this smart character into some type of loser with mental issues. One who would get so angry and frustrated, he could barely complete a sentence sometimes. It's jarring for me while marathon watching the early seasons to the last few seasons simultaneously.

And that while we didn't get more than two trials, Carver and the district attorney's office, were a presence, at least, for the first five seasons.

Screw Leight!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She did when she practically begged Logan and whichever nonentity he was partnered with that week to get her tickets.

13 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

She did when she practically begged Logan and whichever nonentity he was partnered with that week to get her tickets.

That's a different episode and season! "Blackmail" was in the final season, which aired yesterday. But I think I know which one you're talking about. Logan was never partnered with a non-entity! Max, Phil, and Lennie! I don't consider any of them non-entities!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Another thing that I will lay at Leight's feet (Yes, I'm petty) is the disappearance of all of Bobby's friends/pals and sources we saw him reach out to in the first two seasons when they were investigating cases. And yes, even the fact that he dated.

But Leight and whoever thought it was better, better?! to destroy this smart character into some type of loser with mental issues. One who would get so angry and frustrated, he could barely complete a sentence sometimes. It's jarring for me while marathon watching the early seasons to the last few seasons simultaneously.

And that while we didn't get more than two trials, Carver and the district attorney's office, were a presence, at least, for the first five seasons.

Screw Leight!

Amen, Fuck Warren Leight and fuck what he did to this show. He tried to portray Goren as a basket case who was disliked by the higher ups and was unstable. That was a terrible move and really screwed up the show, along with all of the other soapy shit. And yeah taking away the legal/prosecution stuff from the show was a dumb move that hurt the quality of the show. Leight really screwed up CI, and while we’re on the topic of Leight he’s screwing up the continuity of the franchise now on SVU by constantly trashing the DA’s office and I’m curious if they’ll address that at all now that Jack is coming back as DA. But yeah fuck Warren Leight. I’m so glad CI got a season 10 where Goren got his mojo back and the show returned to its basics and went out strong.

• Love 4

Just watched "Folie A Deux" and can't help but laugh at Bobby's disappearing beard! He's got this almost full beard for most of the episode, then toward the end when he and Alex inform Ross that Emma has been dead all along, he only has this scrub; then next scene, when they come to arrest Andre, the full beard is back again!

Ay yi yi!!!

Forgot about "Faithfully" but it was nice to see a smiling Alex-the smile toward Bobby.

And I'm assuming the family that Bobby was with is from his mother's side of the family. I don't think we ever got an explanation?

• Love 5

So you guys remember “Silencer”, when the deaf guy killed the doctor who was going to give his girlfriend hearing implants or something, and he wanted to stop it because the their community apparently shuns people choose that option? I mean…does that really happen? I get having deaf pride and everything but that seems harsh. Also that in no way justifies what the guy did.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

So you guys remember “Silencer”, when the deaf guy killed the doctor who was going to give his girlfriend hearing implants or something, and he wanted to stop it because the their community apparently shuns people choose that option? I mean…does that really happen? I get having deaf pride and everything but that seems harsh. Also that in no way justifies what the guy did.

I've read about it but never heard of it happening in real life.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I liked Lewis a lot, he was a cool guy. What season 10 episode was he mentioned in? It’s been a while since I’ve seen season 10 and I can’t recall when he was mentioned.

I think "The Consoler", in Bobby's first therapy session, where he talks about Lewis telling Bobby how the mistake people make with their cars is flushing the engine. It kills the car. (Bobby comparing the car to himself, saying how all the "junk" is around for a reason, to plug the holes, etc.)

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Does murder happen? I hope not.

But yeah, I have read that cochlear implants are divisive in the deaf community. Some do use them, but there is a portion that think there is nothing wrong with being deaf and there is nothing to "fix".

I can see both points of view there.

• Love 4

Just watched "Folie A Deux" and can't help but laugh at Bobby's disappearing beard! He's got this almost full beard for most of the episode, then toward the end when he and Alex inform Ross that Emma has been dead all along, he only has this scrub; then next scene, when they come to arrest Andre, the full beard is back again!

Ay yi yi!!!

Forgot about "Faithfully" but it was nice to see a smiling Alex-the smile toward Bobby.

And I'm assuming the family that Bobby was with is from his mother's side of the family. I don't think we ever got an explanation?

Nope, Bobby's sudden niece is never explained. Could be Frances' side - or maybe Bobby discovered other relatives through his evil sperm donor. I also loved G/E meeting up in Staten Island and Alex's warm smile towards Bobby. She smiled at him again at their desks after Goren had his Batman exchange with Ross, too.

(I think "Faithfully" was supposed to be the S8 premiere, considering Bobby being away, and it would make sense timeline wise post "Frame".)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Amen, Fuck Warren Leight and fuck what he did to this show. He tried to portray Goren as a basket case who was disliked by the higher ups and was unstable. That was a terrible move and really screwed up the show, along with all of the other soapy shit. And yeah taking away the legal/prosecution stuff from the show was a dumb move that hurt the quality of the show. Leight really screwed up CI, and while we’re on the topic of Leight he’s screwing up the continuity of the franchise now on SVU by constantly trashing the DA’s office and I’m curious if they’ll address that at all now that Jack is coming back as DA. But yeah fuck Warren Leight. I’m so glad CI got a season 10 where Goren got his mojo back and the show returned to its basics and went out strong.

Yeah. And I really liked that one of his friends that he went to for help in S10, the literary professor, was played by none other than singer Patti Smith.

If I recall, she was a big fan of the show, so she was asked if she wanted to appear, and voila!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

But yeah, I have read that cochlear implants are divisive in the deaf community. Some do use them, but there is a portion that think there is nothing wrong with being deaf and there is nothing to "fix".

I can see both points of view there.

So do, but casting them out of the deaf community completely? That just seems cruel. 

• Love 3

What that episode demonstrated to me was that those in the Deaf community think of those that can hear as not good enough to included. For example, the cop who could sign? His parents were deaf, but because he wasn't deaf, whoever the cops were questioning? Didn't want him there to interpret. I also wish that when the characters were signing amongst themselves that the closed captioning had provided subtitles as to what they were saying to each other!

And why be different? The mothership had an episode dealing with the victim who was going to get cochlear implants, but there, the hearing human who ran the school was the murderer. But the attitude and behavior of the deaf community in that episode was the same as here. 

Anyway. "Person of Interest" is so aggravating. No surprise as this is the first credit I remember of Leight co-writing an episode. All the good stuff is Balcer's.

And shallow...but I never noticed that overbite that Olivia D'Abo had.

Anyway. It was just too pat that Nicole was able to set up Bobby that way.

Aaaaand heeeeeere it comes: Bobby's personal issues starting to take over and chip away at his character.

I'm confused as to "Gemini" and who the killer is. I mean, did Brent kill some of the victims, or was it his brother who killed them all to frame him? Or was he going to kill the last to frame Brent? Admittedly, I wasn't paying too close attention as I had it running while working.

UGH as to "The Gift" episode. Sooooo borrrrrrrring, and so I let it also run in the background and even turning back to watch every now and then. bleagh.

"Zootonic" was good, though. I loved the scene at the end with Alex, Bobby, and Carver. Where Alex and Bobby convince Carver to let the evidence against Buzz just disappear/not be brought up, so that his kid could continue to get the benefits.

I couldn't resist. I watched "Undaunted Mettle" last week, just for the scene when Alex tells Bobby that she just told Deakins she was going to be a surrogate for her sister (writing in Kathryn's real life pregnancy-clever way to explain it!) and then the line about having to get Bobby a temporary partner, hee.

Alex: "He said when the time comes, he'll hook you up with a temporary partner."

Bobby: "Oh, no. I didn't even think of that. Well, what did you say?"

Alex: "I pity the fool."

Me: 😂😂

When we had a full forum for this show, I used that line for the quote thread!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

"Zootonic" was good, though. I loved the scene at the end with Alex, Bobby, and Carver. Where Alex and Bobby convince Carver to let the evidence against Buzz just disappear/not be brought up, so that his kid could continue to get the benefits.

Stern was a pig and Boorman was a creepy little weirdo. I hated them both.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Stern was a pig and Boorman was a creepy little weirdo. I hated them both.

Agree!

I loved how both Bobby and Alex couldn't hide their disgust at Boorman, that narcissistic pig, when he was flaunting that FUGLY body at them both.

• Love 2

Both of them did! Bobby even covered his face with his hand as he turned his head away.

"Zoonotic" was just disturbing all the way around, injecting women with tropical animal viruses and all...

I did like the scene where Bobby/Alex were looking for the samples of viruses and Bobby sees the warmer or whatever.

"What's this for? To steam vegetables? Get him out of here!" I liked when Bobby would get pissy. Also liked Alex's line to Dr. Gross - after he told them to make sure everything was put back - about how they weren't responsible for housekeeping or however she phrased it.

• Love 3

I don’t like Zoonotic for the simple reason that the ending was so weird and OOC for everyone involved - not charging the 2 doctors with the murder of the cop was just ridiculous, no way the by the book Carver would go along with it, and it was weird that Goren/Eames wouldn’t want them charged, I didn’t buy it at all, they would want to ensure the 2 scumbag doctors never got out of prison, and both the DA’s office and the police department would demand justice for a murdered cop, period, no way they would let the case go without anyone being charged, nor should they. So that was a really stupid ending to an otherwise good and disturbing episode.

2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t like Zoonotic for the simple reason that the ending was so weird and OOC for everyone involved - not charging the 2 doctors with the murder of the cop was just ridiculous, no way the by the book Carver would go along with it, and it was weird that Goren/Eames wouldn’t want them charged, I didn’t buy it at all, they would want to ensure the 2 scumbag doctors never got out of prison, and both the DA’s office and the police department would demand justice for a murdered cop, period, no way they would let the case go without anyone being charged, nor should they. So that was a really stupid ending to an otherwise good and disturbing episode.

But if I remember right, they were still going to prison for the animal viruses and infecting women. Even Alex said they would be very old men when they got out of prison - IF they ever got out. So with all of those charges adding up, that may be why they were willing to cover up the circumstances about the dirty cop for the sake of his young daughter.

Either way, they weren't free.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

But if I remember right, they were still going to prison for the animal viruses and infecting women. Even Alex said they would be very old men when they got out of prison - IF they ever got out. So with all of those charges adding up, that may be why they were willing to cover up the circumstances about the dirty cop for the sake of his young daughter.

Either way, they weren't free.

I know all of that, but there’s no way the DA’s office or the police department would let the case be closed without charges being filed against the doctors for the murder of the officer, when an officer is killed, the public and the justice system want retribution, it doesn’t matter whether Goren/Eames thought they should walk on it or even if Carver agreed, there’s no way the case against them for the officer’s murder would just go away, the higher ups and the public would demand answers and justice, it was very unrealistic IMO. Immoral as well for that matter, the doctors should’ve been charged with the officer’s murder, regardless of feelings of sympathy for his family. It was OOC for Goren/Eames to put emotions ahead of their duty, even more so for Carver, who was ultra by the book, no way would the DA’s office just not pursue charges. So I found the ending unrealistic as well as morally bankrupt, and it weakened an otherwise strong episode.

1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I know all of that, but there’s no way the DA’s office or the police department would let the case be closed without charges being filed against the doctors for the murder of the officer, when an officer is killed, the public and the justice system want retribution, it doesn’t matter whether Goren/Eames thought they should walk on it or even if Carver agreed, there’s no way the case against them for the officer’s murder would just go away, the higher ups and the public would demand answers and justice, it was very unrealistic IMO. Immoral as well for that matter, the doctors should’ve been charged with the officer’s murder, regardless of feelings of sympathy for his family. It was OOC for Goren/Eames to put emotions ahead of their duty, even more so for Carver, who was ultra by the book, no way would the DA’s office just not pursue charges. So I found the ending unrealistic as well as morally bankrupt, and it weakened an otherwise strong episode.

Well, on the franchise, it seemed to sometimes play fast and loose with stuff like this. While it's never good to let a murderer be unpunished, I also see the POV about shielding his kid from the fact that her father was not a hero cop.

And, as mentioned, the dirty cop's pension could be affected, thus affecting his kid. So in this case, I just saw it as "we are still punishing these pieces of crap for other crimes for a long time, so why make an innocent child suffer?" deal. Yeah, maybe not enough legal wise, but I sort of understand it.

• Love 3

Here's my take on the ending of "Zootonic" with respect to Buzz. Not only was he a dirty cop, he was also on suspension. Aside from his love for his child, there was nothing redeeming about him, unlike the cops who were murdered in "Stray" and had Alex not go on leave as she was ready to pop. No one, not one cop was jonesing to find out who killed him.

Instead of using what he found out (I'm blanking on this aspect) to help end his suspension, he used it for his own greed. So, no sympathy from me, and that Alex and Bobby said what they said, was more for the child, than the cop.

And Bobby did the same in a season one episode, and the title is eluding me, but it's the one where the priest killed his son. Dana Reeve was the mother. He didn't want to ruin her life, so he convinced the priest to confess--but not saying his son was his abusive lover.

And I loved how "F.P.S." ended with the text to Bobby that Alex gave birth to a baby 7 pounds, 8 oz. and the smile on his face. I think that should have been the episode before her return in "Unrequited" as opposed to "Mad Hops."

• Love 2
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I loved how "F.P.S." ended with the text to Bobby that Alex gave birth to a baby 7 pounds, 8 oz. and the smile on his face. I think that should have been the episode before her return in "Unrequited" as opposed to "Mad Hops."

Yeah, I always thought it was odd to have another Bishop episode after the birth announcement, but what do I know? I did love Bobby's little dance upon Alex's return after they finished talking with Marion Whitney in her library, just after Alex cracked:

"The dance of the Merry Widow!"

Then Bobby does the little twirl and air punch. Hee.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Alex: “Let me put them out of our misery.” (Referring to Bobby and Mike)

Alex: “There they go…Ocean’s two.”

Me:😅😅😅😅😅

Do I really have to state which episode this is from?

One of my favorite quotes from CI, from probably my favorite episode of CI.

• Love 4

Was it ever revealed why CI began featuring two detective pairings, each pair biweekly, starting in Season 5? Though there were some good performers to come through, and it was always nice to see Logan, CI was always at its best with the Core Four - D'Onofrio/Erbe/Sheridan/Vance.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Was it ever revealed why CI began featuring two detective pairings, each pair biweekly, starting in Season 5? Though there were some good performers to come through, and it was always nice to see Logan, CI was always at its best with the Core Four - D'Onofrio/Erbe/Sheridan/Vance.

Because D’Onofrio was exhausted. And Sheridan and Vance didn’t renew their contracts after the fifth season.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Because D’Onofrio was exhausted. And Sheridan and Vance didn’t renew their contracts after the fifth season.

I heard both exhaustion and nervous breakdown. I'm not surprised it was the former since playing Goren would probably do that to any actor!

Whoopi Goldberg's Chesley Watkins deserves serious consideration as CI's most twisted, most evil villain (sorry, Nicole Wallace). I watched "To the Bone" again recently and it still holds up. Of course Logan would seek out Olivet for help. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Whoopi Goldberg's Chesley Watkins deserves serious consideration as CI's most twisted, most evil villain (sorry, Nicole Wallace). I watched "To the Bone" again recently and it still holds up. Of course Logan would seek out Olivet for help. 

I liked that, both because it gave Criminal Intent a stronger tie to the franchise and because of Olivet and Logan's long history.

Still, as I often said, the aftermath made no sense. Yeah, Logan did hit on Barek as sort of self sabotage after shooting the foster-son cop. But Barek called Logan out on it, they talked, and all was fine.

Making his reaction in Season 6 when Ross offered to get Barek back if things didn't work out with Wheeler ("Tru Love") all the more weird and inexplicable.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

I heard both exhaustion and nervous breakdown. I'm not surprised it was the former since playing Goren would probably do that to any actor!

VDO explained that time...somewhere...(I forget where I heard it!)...about a year back. Shooting would sometimes go 14/15 hours - sometimes into weekends, with memorizing 20 to 30 pages of script per night, and it just really burnt him out. He even said straight out that Season 4 was a blur.

Add in that I think I read he is dyslexic and memorizing the script probably was even more of a challenge, and I can see why he needed a break.

Bringing back Mike Logan to alternate was a clever move, as there didn't need to be a lot of time spent on introducing a new character since he was already known/established from his years on the Mothership.

• Love 6

That explains a lot. It's harder to picture VDO as the (now former) father-in-law of Sean Penn!!

Back in the day, I wrote to VDO, Kathryn Erbe and Jamey Sheridan and got back autographed pictures of all three. I never got around to writing Courtney B. Vance and I don't know why. Maybe I should. I always felt those four were always an underrated team in the L&O universe.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Back in the day, I wrote to VDO, Kathryn Erbe and Jamey Sheridan and got back autographed pictures of all three.

That's awesome that you got an answer from all of them! Not all stars are that courteous.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

That's awesome that you got an answer from all of them! Not all stars are that courteous.

Agreed!! The L&O actors seem to do well at replying to fan mail, because I heard back from almost everyone I wrote to at the Mothership and SVU as well. 😎

• Love 3

I stopped watching the rest of season five after “In the Wee Hours” because I HATE that plot that is unfolding for Deakins. Oh, wait. I did watch “The Healer” and I have to 🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒 at how they twisted University of Maryland to Maryland State University. I can understand if it was supposed to be like Hudson, which is fictional-but they use and show the SAME MASCOT! The terrapin turtle! And sorry, but Mike is a lapsed Catholic at best, based on his behavior in past cases dealing with religion.

And of course I HAD to watch “To the Bone” even though the writers or researchers FUCKED up by having a MUSLIM FAMILY, even if Indian, have a statue of a HINDU GOD-GANESH.

Watching ”Lady’s Man” now and the messed up again. I know, I know, PLOT! But it should be Connie or Mike from the DA’s office who showed up at the scene precedent was already set that there was a relationship with the Mothership’s office.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I stopped watching the rest of season five after “In the Wee Hours” because I HATE that plot that is unfolding for Deakins. Oh, wait. I did watch “The Healer” and I have to 🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒 at how they twisted University of Maryland to Maryland State University. I can understand if it was supposed to be like Hudson, which is fictional-but they use and show the SAME MASCOT! The terrapin turtle! And sorry, but Mike is a lapsed Catholic at best, based on his behavior in past cases dealing with religion.

And of course I HAD to watch “To the Bone” even though the writers or researchers FUCKED up by having a MUSLIM FAMILY, even if Indian, have a statue of a HINDU GOD-GANESH.

Watching ”Lady’s Man” now and the messed up again. I know, I know, PLOT! But it should be Connie or Mike from the DA’s office who showed up at the scene precedent was already set that there was a relationship with the Mothership’s office.

But then we wouldn't get to see Raul Esparza cross dress (in Alex's HOME, in which I have ranted OFTEN about TIIC making Alex look stupid, which she wasn't!), soooo...

At least there was a Jack McCoy mention in "Lady's Man", which was a huge thing for CI by then, since it seemed like the redheaded stepchild of the franchise and often off on its own island in the latter seasons...

• Love 4