Type keyword(s) to search

Everybody Loves Raymond - General Discussion

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I don't think I've ever seen this one, I'll have to go look for it.

You're in for a treat, it was a funny one. 

The best line? "Yeah, well, nice try, egg-ass." 😂

• LOL 3

Just watched the episode (first in a 3 or 4 episode arc) where Marie and Debra have a huge fight and stop speaking to each other.  This episode, to me, is a good example of what I really like about ELR. 

The whole fight made sense - this was very real, played for laughs, but real.  Debra overreacted when Marie showed up unannounced with two friends - she embarrassed Marie and I didn't blame Marie for being angry about that.  However, and this is a big however, after that everything else was on Marie.  She was a complete and total bitch.

Anyway I liked that it wasn't a straightforward situation, there was some nuances there.

I look forward to the episode where things get resolved - The Cult, definitely one of my top 10 - preceded though by one I really dislike, the flashbook to Marie interfering and trying to prevent Debra and Ray (still boyfriend/girlfriend at this point) from having sex.  Ugh.  All levels of inappropriate in this one!

Edited by Laura Holt
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, Laura Holt said:

Just watched the episode (first in a 3 or 4 episode arc) where Marie and Debra have a huge fight and stop speaking to each other.  This episode, to me, is a good example of what I really like about ELR. 

The whole fight made sense - this was very real, played for laughs, but real.  Debra overreacted when Marie showed up unannounced with two friends - she embarrassed Marie and I didn't blame Marie for being angry about that.  However, and this is a big however, after that everything else was on Marie.  She was a complete and total bitch.

Anyway I liked that it wasn't a straightforward situation, there was some nuances there.

I look forward to the episode where things get resolved - The Cult, definitely one of my top 10 - preceded though by one I really dislike, the flashbook to Marie interfering and trying to prevent Debra and Ray (still boyfriend/girlfriend at this point) from having sex.  Ugh.  All levels of inappropriate in this one!

Good episode. I liked how Ray & Frank started arguing too, with Ray defending Marie, and Frank taking Debra's side. I have seen that irl and it brings out some hidden feelings. 

Ray: She could have given Mom a little joy!

Frank: Who is she to demand joy when Debra is wrestling with the damn kids?

Ray: She didn't have to be so rude!

Frank: Rude is the only thing she understands!

• Like 6
5 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Good episode. I liked how Ray & Frank started arguing too, with Ray defending Marie, and Frank taking Debra's side. I have seen that irl and it brings out some hidden feelings. 

"I used to be a GENTLEMAN!" 😁

• LOL 7
On 9/10/2023 at 7:29 PM, Laura Holt said:

the flashbook to Marie interfering and trying to prevent Debra and Ray (still boyfriend/girlfriend at this point) from having sex.  Ugh.  All levels of inappropriate in this one!

I loved Father Hubley in that one:

"What?! Wait a minute! Is there even a lasagna here?!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Laura Holt said:

"Don't let a suitcase full of cheese be your big fork and spoon".   This episode was on tonight. Words to live by 🙂

Love that episode! It's hilarious from top to bottom. Another one in my Top 5, with Jazz Records. I may have to go on a binge to confirm the other three. Okay, I love the one where Someone! Hates! Raymond!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Love that episode! It's hilarious from top to bottom. Another one in my Top 5, with Jazz Records. I may have to go on a binge to confirm the other three.

My top 5 list keep changing but the She's The One episode with Robert's date and the fly "and then she aaaaatttteee it" is always going to be on it!

Edited by Laura Holt
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

I love the end tag of She's The One, where Robert is moping in a bar, a waiter trips and spills drinks all over someone, who turns out to be Amy. That is when Robert & Amy got back together for the last time, then got married. 

I also like Ray's Ring, Marie's Sculpture, Golf For It. Along with longtime favesJazz Records and The Faux Pas.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I love the end tag of She's The One, where Robert is moping in a bar, a waiter trips and spills drinks all over someone, who turns out to be Amy.

I love it too - and the audience reaction is gold.  But I always wonder what someone who hasn't seen the show before - or at least not with Amy in it - must think!  

On 9/11/2023 at 9:00 AM, TVMovieBuff said:

I loved it when Frank would stand up for Debra.

The show was excellent about what life is like when you marry into a family that you do not understand.

Marie and Debra might as well be aliens to each other in the way they approach life.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 3
22 hours ago, qtpye said:

Marie and Debra might as well be aliens to each other in the way they approach life.

I know we will never get a reunion show but I would have loved to see what Ray and Debra would have been like as the wheel of life turned and they became the grandparents to the next generation.  Debra in particular - would she have become a Marie to a future DIL or would she have been more like her own mother?  

• Like 2
16 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Debra Makes Something Good is on right now and it's one of my all time favorites.  From Marie taking Ray's pants, to Robert sitting in the sauce, to Frank bring Debra flowers and his "I'll call you".  It's all just so good.  

I love that episode. 

It also makes me want to eat what Debra cooked (Marie would say, "Poor dear, you must be desperate for nourishment.")

• LOL 3
On 9/30/2023 at 1:00 PM, Laura Holt said:

I know we will never get a reunion show but I would have loved to see what Ray and Debra would have been like as the wheel of life turned and they became the grandparents to the next generation.  Debra in particular - would she have become a Marie to a future DIL or would she have been more like her own mother?  

If she was a Marie, she'd be a Marie in a different way.  I can't see her getting all crazy about cleaning and food.  

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

If she was a Marie, she'd be a Marie in a different way.  I can't see her getting all crazy about cleaning and food.  

One twist they could have tried was having Michael or Geoffrey marry someone just like Marie, move into the house across the street and be over constantly with advice and food.  Of course given Ray and Debra would be in their 60s at this point a daughter in law coming over to clean wouldn't be a terrible thing!

download (1).jpg

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Laura Holt said:

One twist they could have tried was having Michael or Geoffrey marry someone just like Marie, move into the house across the street and be over constantly with advice and food.  Of course given Ray and Debra would be in their 60s at this point a daughter in law coming over to clean wouldn't be a terrible thing!

download (1).jpg

Or Allie marries a guy who watches TV all the time and doesn't help with the kids and Deborah gets on his case.  

• Like 2
On 10/2/2023 at 3:06 PM, Katy M said:

I think she'd be closer to Marie than her own mother, much as she'd hate to admit it. Not about cooking or cleaning, but I can see her being an overbearing force in her kids' lives and being unpopular with her daughter in laws. There's definitely a more controlling side to her than what was shown of her mother's character.

• Like 4
On 9/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, TVMovieBuff said:

Those curtains totally clashed with the wallpaper! It must have been done as an inside joke. 

Yep, when the contractor was in the kitchen showing samples all I could think is "You mean you needed to hire a professional to come up with THOSE curtains???" considering that they got the same ones!

• Like 2