Type keyword(s) to search

Consult the Book: Charmed Spoilers Thread

• Start Topic

So, it looks like the next episode will feature Tyler Blackburn's demon character:

CMD117a_0033b_595_Spoiler%20TV%20Transpa

Which I am very excited for, by the way. Niko is also back in this episode, from the press release for 1x17. It sounds like quite a bit is going to be happening, between new demon Tyler Blackburn, Harry's punishment from the Elders, and trying to find a cure for Parker along with Niko and Fiona stuff.

• Love 2

Ahead of the finale, here is a press release for the upcoming season two, spoiling a couple of things that will be happening this Sunday:

Demons, ghosts, vampires, necromancers – none stood a chance against the bonds of sisterhood. After the murder of their mother Marisol, sisters Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Maggie Vera (Sarah Jeffery) discovered they not only had an older half-sister – the brilliant geneticist Macy (Madeleine Mantock) – but that with the “Power of Three,” they are among the most formidable witches in the world. Having accepted their new destiny as The Charmed Ones, they joined forces with “Whitelighter” witch advisor Harry Greenwood (Rupert Evans) to stop the impending apocalypse. But saving the world is a tall order, especially when you’re not even sure what your place is in that world. Yes, Mel can stop time with the wave of a hand, but she can’t keep her girlfriend Niko safe – and is forced to rewrite history so the two never met. Yes, Maggie can read minds, but she couldn’t tell that new boyfriend Parker was a half-demon tasked with stealing her and her sisters’ powers. And, sure, Macy can move objects with her mind, but she still reels from being abandoned as a child by her mother. As if that wasn’t enough, Macy, it turns out, isn’t the “half-sister” after all – Mel is – causing identity crises for both Mel and Maggie.

In the end, the Charmed Ones defeated demons (both personal and actual), prevented the apocalypse, and saved countless Hilltowne innocents…thanks to Macy absorbing “The Source,” the ultimate power that fuels all magic. The sisters and Harry are battle-scarred but stronger than ever and hoping that life will be a bit simpler now that disaster has been averted. But is life for the Charmed Ones ever simple? Season one ends with their family relationships intact but their romantic lives in flux…. Macy is mourning a lost love just as Harry’s feelings towards her surface. Maggie and Mel both face uncertain romantic prospects. And with The Elders now dead, the magical community turns to the powerful sisters for guidance. Seems the Vera-Vaughn sisters are now in charge. And this New World Order will be even more complicated than anything they ever imagined. Based on the original series, CHARMED is from CBS Television Studios in association with Propagate Content, with executive producers Liz Kruger (“Salvation”), Craig Shapiro (“Salvation”), Jeffrey Lieber (“NCIS: New Orleans”), Jessica O’Toole (“Jane The Virgin”), Amy Rardin (“Jane The Virgin”), Jennie Snyder Urman (“Jane The Virgin”), Ben Silverman (“The Office”), Brad Silberling (“Jane The Virgin”) and Howard Owens (“You vs. Wild”).

I added paragraph breaks to make it easier to read. But yes, this does spoil that Galvin stays dead and I guess they're going down a Harry/Macy romantic road? And, with no Elders, the sisters will be consulted on magical help more often.

• Useful 1

Any scoop on Charmed? – Melody
If you think you’ve seen the last of Alastair’s bad brood, think again. Charmed’s second season will introduce us to yet another of his offspring, one who’s tired of being overlooked and underestimated just because she’s a woman. And she’s got one thing on her mind: revenge! As for other new faces arriving in Hilltowne this fall, fans can also be on the lookout for a sexually fluid witch named Kat, as well as a sexy boxing instructor named Jordan.

https://tvline.com/2019/06/26/the-flash-season-6-spoilers-new-scientist/

What is their obession with Alastair? Move on, we dont need anymore additions to that family. 

• Love 1

Some spoilers for the upcoming season:

charmed-fall-tv-preview-2019.jpg?w=620

“By minute seven of Episode 201, we’ll have set up a whole new world … with new allies and new enemies,” showrunners Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro reveal, describing Season 2 as “creepier, moodier, sexier … and more cinematic” than Season 1. Whereas most of the action has previously gone down in Hilltowne, future episodes will “expand on an understanding of the magical universe” and send the Charmed Ones on adventures “all across the globe.” We also learn that “someone or something has put a target on the Charmed Ones’ backs,” which is always fun. Meanwhile, Maggie and Parker’s relationship will take an “epically surprising” turn, Mel will find her confidence shaken by her new supernatural surroundings, and Harry will undergo an “interesting journey” related to his dark origin story. On a familial level, Season 2 will “challenge the sisters’ views of each other and of themselves.”

BONUS SPOILER!: Season 2 will “explore some repressed feelings [Harry] might have for a certain love interest on the show,” and “hat relationship “will be explored in a very meaningful way. But what that looks like is a surprise.” (Gee, who could it possibly be?)

New interview

Where do we kick off Season 2 given the cliffhangers of the first season?

Liz Kruger: As you know, the Elders are dead and the Charmed Ones are essentially in charge. And though we all dream of being in charge at some point, the reality is that nothing quite prepares you for the weight of the world, and that's what they're going to be carrying this season. It turns out the events of season one have destabilized the Magical World, unbeknownst to them when we begin the new season. The Witch World is going to descend into chaos without the Elders protections and we find out that someone - or something - has put a target on the Charmed Ones backs. And that mystery is what's going to play out in the first half of the season in a mind blowing way.

Craig Shapiro: From there, a lot of what we explore is a great jumping off point since this season is really going to be much more epic in scale. The whole tone of the show is going to be darker, moodier, edgier. And they're going to explore the Magic World worldwide. It's not just located in one place and there's so much more going on than they understood in season one, in the Demon World, in the Witch World, and in the Magic World generally, as we meet all kinds of new magic characters along with demons and witches.

Kruger: And we're really going to bolt down the mythology in a very, I would say, tangible way. And we'll explain everything has happened and everything that will be happening going forward. The Charmed Ones find themselves in a new world for reasons that you will learn in episode 201…about seven minutes in and it sets up a whole new world for season that we think that the fans are going to love, and it's going to take them ultimately across the globe.

Given the change in focus, will the show look the same or has there been tweaks there, too?

Kruger: In terms of making this an epic journey from episode 1 to 22, we have changed the visual look. It's more cinematic. We built new sets, we have some new cast members, some familiar faces as well. But we're going to have some epic dark forces, epic love stories.

Where is Harry (Rupert Evans) while all this is happening?

Kruger: Harry plays a huge role in this season's story.

Shapiro: Rupert Evans is just an amazing actor and he's so versatile. We're really going to give him a lot to bite into this season.

Kruger: We dig into Harry’s origin story in a very meaningful way, which really leads to very shocking revelations.

How are Mel, Macy and Maggie adapting to all of this?

Kruger: I think you look at it as how does the younger generation feel about the world they've been handed today? We look at the whole thing as a metaphor for climate change. Basically, the Elders handed them a pile of sh** and now they have to find a way to clean it up. Some days they're going to face it head-on and some days it's just going to all feel like too much. And they're going to struggle with their various roles. It's very lonely being in charge.

Shapiro: At the beginning of the last season, it seemed like the Elders were really on top of it. They were smart and all powerful. But really, by the end of the season, it was pretty clear that the Elders, and maybe as a metaphor for real world elders, had just made a giant hash of the world. They've made a mess of everything, and they've kept a lot of secrets. They were not transparent with basically anything. The three Charmed Ones and Harry really get a better understanding of what was going on around them that they were just not aware of the larger magical kingdom.

Is there one particular big bad this season, or a group of big bads?

Kruger: Let's put it this way, there is an epic bad guy, but until you peel the layers and get to that, there will be some surprising revelations along the way. it's really the central mystery of the first half of the season, or maybe even the whole season, as to who's after them and why.

Shapiro: Somebody's after them at the very beginning of episode 201, and it's very mysterious and dangerous. And a lot of the first half of the season is turning those cards as they try to investigate and explore what exactly is after them and how can they stop it.

You mentioned some new faces this season. Can you talk about anybody in particular?

Kruger: Jordan Donica, who played Jefferson in Hamilton here in L.A., and he was also in Phantom, and My Fair Lady…he’s such an accomplished actor and this is his first series regular role. And we vamped him up. Funny enough, his character’s name here is also Jordan. He plays somebody in this new ecosystem in Seattle that we meet early on, and it's going to turn out that he has a mysterious past that's going to play into the mythology of the season. Everything is there for a reason, let's put it that way.

Are the powers that each of the sisters have thus far, do they stay the same or are there new powers coming?

Kruger: The powers of the three are going to go through all sorts of permutations.

Shapiro: Part of the journey of the season is how their powers work and how they learn to explore them, and use them, and expand on them.

Will there be time for romance for anyone?

Kruger: Everybody's got something going on. There's triangles upon triangles and parallelograms, you name it. And let's just say that Harry's repressed feelings for Macy will be somewhat explored but in a way that will surprise everybody.

The show has really established itself on its own but, for the sake of asking, are there any callbacks to the original show?

Kruger: What's great about the show is that like the original, the heart of the story is still about the power of sisterhood and how powerful women can change the world. And that is where we stay true to the core of what the show but the show also does stand on its own. It holds true to the original, but it’s spreading its wings on its own terms.

https://www.tvinsider.com/811734/charmed-season-2-cast-changes-spoilers-key-art/

On 9/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, Primal Slayer said:

We look at the whole thing as a metaphor for climate change. Basically, the Elders handed them a pile of sh** and now they have to find a way to clean it up.

Climate change?  Really??  That's not climate change, it's called, cleaning up a mess.

The powers of the three are going to go through all sorts of permutations.

At least they're working on that.

Kern couldn't be bothered with that after Season 4 of the original.  Maybe they'll actually have earned the title of most powerful witches of all time.

There's triangles upon triangles and parallelograms,

Oh ****!  I really don't look forward to that!  Those are rarely written well and wear their welcome out quickly.

Harry's repressed feelings for Macy will be somewhat explored but in a way that will surprise everybody.

Uggh!

The whole tone of the show is going to be darker, moodier, edgier.

Just what we all needed - more "darker, edgier" cliches!

Some spoilers for S3:  https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/12/charmed-season-3-spoilery-snippets.html

And while we here at SpoilerTV won't spoil on how the season 2 story will unfold, here are some spoilery snippets about what we can expect a bit further into the new season.

- As teased in the official CW Press Release the show is getting back to some season 1 basics. Maggie's return to College will prove more difficult than expected, while she has her new power fairly under control that doesn't mean her panic attacks are conquered as well. 

Courtesy of @SoyCarlosRubio

- Jason Diaz's Antonio early on checks off some Jock-stereotypes and pushes some buttons that shouldn't be pressed. 

- Mel's return to activism proves to be challenging as well. Her sense of justice and new job make her crossroads with Kevin (JJ Hawkins) and they both help each other in unexpected ways. 

- After 2 years the writers are finally expanding the Vera witchy family tree. For now the sisters will just meet one of their cousins, potentially more family members to come. The introduction of the said family member goes anything but smooth so the real question lingering is can we trust the new family member?

- Something the sisters unexpectedly lost last season finally makes a return,  fans of the show will certainly be pleased. Mel as usually comes through for us. 

That's a wrap, guys. Not much but hopefully enough to keep you intrigued, till the show's season 3 premiere. Tune in live on the 24th January at 9/8 Central on TheCW or stream live the next day on the CWApp. 

Unless I'm misinterpreting these Instagram posts from crew members, it looks like the Abigael haters won't have to put up with her for much longer. I've always kinda liked her and thought the show could do better with her character (and with queer rep in general; Mel's relationships have been the most boring and had the least screentime for quite some time now), so I'm disappointed.

Rumors:

Apparently our British potentials here are Rupert Evans (who makes the most sense as he's been cast on Bridgerton) and Madeleine Mantock (who is apparently unhappy with the show, and who people speculate is being silenced as she's gone dark on social media/her Twitter has basically been wiped). Losing either of them would result in pretty big changes to the show.

20 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Rumors:

Apparently our British potentials here are Rupert Evans (who makes the most sense as he's been cast on Bridgerton) and Madeleine Mantock (who is apparently unhappy with the show, and who people speculate is being silenced as she's gone dark on social media/her Twitter has basically been wiped). Losing either of them would result in pretty big changes to the show.

I had absolutely no idea she was British, I've never heard anything in her voice that didn't sound American.

19 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't see us losing Madeleine until her contract is up and this show cant (they probably would though) pull another secret sibling out of the air. 

Sure they can, & they actually don't need another secret sibling, they have Josefina waiting in the wings.

(edited)
On 6/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, Cranberry said:

If Madeleine leaves then I'm out as well. Macy is my favorite sister.

Edited by Terrafamilia
  • Love 1

From what I can see online, people expect Rupert to be the one who's going. I don't blame Madeleine for being unhappy with the show, though; it's a mess. Hopefully it'll get yet another reset and be more coherent this time.

Casting is currently underway for the new Vera sister

Some observations: She has the power to phase? Not sure if that will be final power or if they will do more with it since Im guessing it needs to be something more active.

They are using Maggie AGAIN as the sister that connects to the new sister? Deja vu.

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

They are using Maggie AGAIN as the sister that connects to the new sister? Deja vu.

Indeed.  Admittedly, Maggie is the empathetic sister and Mel is naturally closed off.  So it makes sense.  It's just, we've already seen it. 

I suppose they thought they were being clever using the secret half-sister story at the start of the show.  But it did leave them without untread ground for the possibility of one of the actresses leaving before the show finished its run. 

• Love 1

I really can't believe they are bringing in another missing sister. I mean, I get that they are struggling with having to replace Macy, but still...it's just kind of...dumb. I don't know. It makes Marisol look worse (I mean, the explanation for Macy was fine but how many kids did she have that she had to stay away from??). I'd almost rather they pull a comics "parallel universe" story where they bring in another sister from an alternate world. Maybe her sisters were both killed and she has to escape so they can use her for the Power of Three since she's their sister from an alternate world? I don't know, something more than "Marisol had another unknown child and the girls have to bond with another unknown sister."

What did the videos say? Would anyone please say? They aren't available anymore.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Maren said:

I really can't believe they are bringing in another missing sister. I mean, I get that they are struggling with having to replace Macy, but still...it's just kind of...dumb. I don't know. It makes Marisol look worse (I mean, the explanation for Macy was fine but how many kids did she have that she had to stay away from??). I'd almost rather they pull a comics "parallel universe" story where they bring in another sister from an alternate world. Maybe her sisters were both killed and she has to escape so they can use her for the Power of Three since she's their sister from an alternate world? I don't know, something more than "Marisol had another unknown child and the girls have to bond with another unknown sister."

What did the videos say? Would anyone please say? They aren't available anymore.

I just finished rewatching S1 and if the writers were smart they could say that the 4th sister is a result of Macy messing up time so much and the universe protecting destiny by not seeing her as being officially Charmed anymore

As far as the videos...Ive seen 3 of the auditions now lol, its just the new sister being into art, a guy hitting on her, her using his cellphone to take a picture of said art and send it to herself. Bad boys are kind of her weakness. Cut to her/Maggie, she just found out magic is real and she's a witch. She's throwing up from being hungover and her powers manifesting (she walked through a wall) so she's puking. Maggie is all "get it together, we are fighting these demon things and need you." New sister is like "I never had anyone to lean on before" and Maggie is all "you have me and Mel now"

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Maren said:

I'd almost rather they pull a comics "parallel universe" story where they bring in another sister from an alternate world. Maybe her sisters were both killed and she has to escape so they can use her for the Power of Three since she's their sister from an alternate world? I don't know, something more than "Marisol had another unknown child and the girls have to bond with another unknown sister."

That's a good idea, I'll add that to the list of good ideas after the idea someone suggested that Mel's kid comes back from the future to be the third charmed one. Seems like the viewers are better writers than the writers are.