Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E09: Steve Carrell, Dawn French, Michael B. Jordan, Ruth Wilson, Cheryl

• Start Topic

I started this topic because I was dying to know what word Dawn French's mother used when chastising her about getting Hep A--it was bleeped out.  But then I did some internet searching and found out it was "rimming."  So there you go.

Steve Carrell seems like a very pleasant person.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Bless you for your sleuthing, @StatisticalOutlier. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what Dawn French was saying.

My lipreading was close--I thought she said trimming, and wondered if it British slang, but the two Americans on the couch got it. 

I don't know anything about hepatitis, and she mentioned that you can get the "A" version from eating a bad sandwich so I was thinking normal food poisoning salmonella-type stuff, but the version I found online was more, uh, detailed, and said it had to do with poor hygiene, and she said when you have it, you feel shit because you were eating shit.  So, yeah, rimming.

You learn something every day.

24 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I started this topic because I was dying to know what word Dawn French's mother used when chastising her about getting Hep A--it was bleeped out.  But then I did some internet searching and found out it was "rimming."  So there you go.

Steve Carrell seems like a very pleasant person.

I googled it too, I couldn't figure out what she would have said that was so shocking to the 2 guys.

Does anyone know - the Mrs. Wilson story - was she saying that Mr. Wilson was polygamous, or that he was previously divorced but no one knew?  I thought she could have done a better job explaining that and focusing less on pretending to give birth to her father.  Yeah, that's kinda weird but...you're acting.  

• Love 2

Mr. Wilson had lots of different families, and each didn't know about the others. Dun-dun dunnnnn.

I love Dawn French's smile. It makes me smile. I also enjoyed the commitment to the punch-MBJ bit they both exhibited.

I liked Cheryl's song. It reminded me of an old-skool Sheena Easton jam "Machinery." And she kept cooler sitting next to MBJ than I would have, for sure.

• Love 2

I love Dawn French's smile, too. 

On 12/12/2018 at 12:07 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

don't know anything about hepatitis, and she mentioned that you can get the "A" version from eating a bad sandwich so I was thinking normal food poisoning salmonella-type stuff, but the version I found online was more, uh, detailed, and said it had to do with poor hygiene, and she said when you have it, you feel shit because you were eating shit.  So, yeah, rimming.

I didn't know you could get hepatitis from bad food. And thanks, @STATISTICALOUTLIER, for finding out what she'd said. I couldn't figure it out.

Good show. Steve Carell is always fun, funny, and nice. Dawn French is always great. Michael B Jordan is always a cutie patootie. 

I hope Carell's movie is good. I saw the documentary years ago, and it was great. The ads I've seen for Carell's movie look odd and ridiculous. The clip they showed made me a little more interested, but still, I have doubts about the gimmick they've created.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who didn’t understand why Cheryl rolled her eyes at Michael B. Jordan after he made the comment about time flying? 

I like to think I stay up to date on pop culture, but I had no idea what she was doing by rolling her eyes at him. I know she has a toddler at home with a Liam from One Direction & they broke up, but I thought she was quite rude to MBJ.

I don't think it was an eye roll - I thought that she was acknowledging that he was flirting with her and sparks were flying between them. Kind of like a look to the audience to say "Is it me or is it hot in here?" Didn't Graham comment on something to that effect?

• Love 2

Got it. I didn’t see the flirting myself, but I genuinely appreciate answers to my question. Thank you!

I thought MBJ was simply making polite conversation because GN mentioned the length of time between the release of any new music from Cheryl, but I could be wrong. 

Thanks again for helping me to interpret what went right over my head!