Type keyword(s) to search

Rookie Blue in the Media

Seven takeaways from Shaw’s fall schedules
http://www.theloop.ca/showbiz/tv-guide/news/article/-/a/4157588/Seven-takeaways-from-Shaw-s-fall-schedules

6. RIP Rookie?

There was some confusion surrounding Global’s fall schedule press release when it noted that Rookie Blue was back in 2015, leading some publications to report that a sixth season had been ordered. TV Guide Canada confirmed with Williams that the “season” being alluded to was indeed the latter half of Season 5, which was previously ordered for a massive 22 episode order with the intention of splitting it into two, 11-episode halves. Although Williams wouldn’t go so far as to say that the second part would be the show’s last, as rumoured, she did admit that it would probably be up to the creative forces behind the series to call it quits rather than let the fans dictate the show’s future, and indicated that time is probably coming up sooner rather than later. When asked if a potential final season could air out of simulcast with ABC the way the current season has, the answer was a clear yes–especially given the ratings performance Rookie has had without the ABC backing in Season 5.  As for the show’s upcoming shift from Mondays to Wednesdays when Under the Dome premieres, Williams remained confident the fans would find it no matter what.

The pix of Missy and Zachary are an example of people marrying people who look like themselves. They're both lucky. Him especially but that's just my bias. I hope Peregrym shows up in another series, and gets more exposure. Maybe can break out of the Canadian market. I only recently started watching this show on Ion where so many Canadian shows end up. I hope they don't make her do one of those awful spots where the star has to stand there and say "Positively entertaining" with a straight face, ugh.

Why is my first reaction to the divorce  to laugh out loud?  I have nothing against them and I really like Missy ever since I saw her in Stick It and I liked her (and everyone else) in Reaper. But 6 months? I do not want to judge them.. if it was a mistake then they should dissolve it.

I never realized Missy was actually Canadian. 

Edited by prican58

I'm okay with that. After being such a big fan for years, my utter distaste for the show in the last season surprised me. But I couldn't handle the show ignoring the majority of it's cast anymore, especially when they're so good. I hope they all move on to bigger and better things.

• Love 1

At least it got a good ending with Sam marrying Missy.  I will miss Ben Bass the most -- 

Ah, well - it was a fun show. I never loved it quite as much as 'Flashpoint' but it was a decent cop show most of the time. Better go out on a high-note than in a whimper.

I loved Flashpoint -- much better show!

• Love 1

ROOKIE BLUE SEASON 7: WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED

Another year is now upon us, and while Rookie Blue may still be officially over and gone, The TV Junkies have some good news for fans of the Canadian cop drama. Despite the fact that the show ended on what many considered to be a perfect note–with fan favorite couple Andy (Missy Peregrym) and Sam (Ben Bass) aka McSwarek, tying the knot, and the rest of the gang moving onward and upward in their careers–we couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened if the show had been renewed for Season 7. The good news is we no longer have to speculate, and now finally have an idea of what another season would have looked like.

http://www.thetvjunkies.com/rookie-blue-season-7-what-would-have-happened/

• Love 2