Type keyword(s) to search

The Rocky Saga

• Start Topic

Definitely enjoyed the remixed movie and I'm glad they took out some of the cheesier parts, like the sound effects they used for Drago hitting the strength tester. 

I'm going to take this as confirmation that a Drago spinoff is definitely in the works. Florian Munteanu is keeping up with acting and with Stallone saying how much he admired Cobra Kai...come on, it has to be happening. LOL. 

A fan of the movies.  Loved Rocky I, II, and Balboa.  The idea of a man more than anything else proving to himself he has to go the distance in what he sets his heart too.  I've done the Rocky steps in Philly a few times and had my picture taking by the statue.  Once by myself and the other time with my dad 

III and 4 were okay.  

5 is actually a little underrated imo.

Creed was solid but Creed 2 imo was the weakest in the series 

• Love 1
On 8/20/2022 at 6:03 PM, BlueSkies said:

Creed was solid but Creed 2 imo was the weakest in the series 

Ryan Coogler exiting was a pretty big blow. I'll be interested in seeing what Michael B. Jordan does for the third movie. I really, really hope Creed 3 addresses the older sister and brother that we don't see at all in the first two movies.

What I don't want: please don't pull a This is Us and have it turn out that Donnie's mother was actually alive this entire time. They're being secretive about Selenis Leyva's part in the film and she's at the age where she could believably be an older sister in her mid/late 40's, or she could be a mid/late-50's woman that Creed impregnated in 1985.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Ryan Coogler exiting was a pretty big blow. I'll be interested in seeing what Michael B. Jordan does for the third movie. I really, really hope Creed 3 addresses the older sister and brother that we don't see at all in the first two movies.

What I don't want: please don't pull a This is Us and have it turn out that Donnie's mother was actually alive this entire time. They're being secretive about Selenis Leyva's part in the film and she's at the age where she could believably be an older sister in her mid/late 40's, or she could be a mid/late-50's woman that Creed impregnated in 1985.

I'll watch it but my heart won't really be in it.

At the end of Creed 2 I was more interested if Rocky and Robert patched things up again.  They've always had a hot and cold father/son relationship.  

• Love 2

So…AMC was marathoning the movies this last weekend, and I really hate to say it, but Rocky did kind of come off as a pushy Nice Guy when he first tried to woo Adrian at the pet store. She didn’t seem the least bit interested in him at first, and yet he was pursuing her anyway. Yeah yeah, I know it was because she was shy and not so much that she didn’t like him, but still.

To his credit, when he found out that Paulie was bullying her into going out with him on Thanksgiving, he did try to back off. And his very polite invitation to go ice-skating did come off as a way to try to get Paulie off her back. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

So…AMC was marathoning the movies this last weekend, and I really hate to say it, but Rocky did kind of come off as a pushy Nice Guy when he first tried to woo Adrian at the pet store. She didn’t seem the least bit interested in him at first, and yet he was pursuing her anyway. Yeah yeah, I know it was because she was shy and not so much that she didn’t like h8m, but still.

To his credit, when he found out that Paulie was bullying her into going out with him on Thanksgiving, he did try to back off. And his very polite invitation to go ice-skating did come off as a way to try to get Paulie off her back. 

Cool to hear that perspective.

The only time I got a little pushy vibe from was Rocky was at his apartment later that night when he wanted to kiss her.  

We sort of know Adrian didn't have a dating/social life before meeting Rocky.  But at the same time I don't think Rocky did either.  Paulie seemed to be his only friend.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlueSkies said:

The only time I got a little pushy vibe from was Rocky was at his apartment later that night when he wanted to kiss her.  

Yeah, like I said, compared to certain other male characters, Rocky was pretty respectful, so I’m willing to give him a pass on his persistence. I didn’t get a vibe that he “wore her down.”

And he did ask Adrian if he could kiss her, so points for that.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yeah, like I said, compared to certain other male characters, Rocky was pretty respectful, so I’m willing to give him a pass on his persistence. I didn’t get a vibe that he “wore her down.”

And he did ask Adrian if he could kiss her, so points for that.

For as many times as I watched the films I never really did think what attracted him to her in the first place.  I mean I know "they have gaps".

I tended to wonder whether Rocky as well ever did actually break anybody's thumb in his prior lifetime.  

I think maybe we'd have to consider the original film is 45 years old as well.  So certain social etiquette changed over the years?  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Man, did I love the first three movies when I was a teenager.   That kiss!  He was a little too persistent, but yes, at least he did ask, and I have to admit, to this day it's one of my favorite movie kisses.  It was steamy.

My second favorite moment is in Rocky II when she was in the coma and he was struggling to read to her.  In Creed, when he went to the graveyard, sat down and started reading the paper out loud, I teared up. 

The third one was ridiculous, but I didn't care, I loved it anyway. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

For as many times as I watched the films I never really did think what attracted him to her in the first place.  I mean I know "they have gaps".

I got the impression that he thought she was cute. And he probably was inclined to sympathize with her since he knew what a jerkass Pauline could be.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Man, did I love the first three movies when I was a teenager.   That kiss!  He was a little too persistent, but yes, at least he did ask, and I have to admit, to this day it's one of my favorite movie kisses.  It was steamy.

My second favorite moment is in Rocky II when she was in the coma and he was struggling to read to her.  In Creed, when he went to the graveyard, sat down and started reading the paper out loud, I teared up. 

The third one was ridiculous, but I didn't care, I loved it anyway. 

I personally thought this was the sweetest scene in all the Rocky films.  It was nice how he looked out for her 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

I personally thought this was the sweetest scene in all the Rocky films.  It was nice how he looked out for her 

I haven't seen this movie, so the scene itself doesn't have the same effect on me, but I did smile throughout because it's very in character for him. Rocky is, at heart, a good person.  Maybe I should watch it sometime.

• Like 2
On 8/31/2022 at 3:30 PM, Shannon L. said:

I haven't seen this movie, so the scene itself doesn't have the same effect on me, but I did smile throughout because it's very in character for him. Rocky is, at heart, a good person.  Maybe I should watch it sometime.

Recommended.  That movie along with 1 and 2 are my favorites in the series.  

Personally that film had a very positive affect on me.  I trudged my way through college and months and months later I still couldn't find any job.  I started getting depressed.  But that film and some of Rocky's speeches help me power myself back up.  

I recall when it came out I didn't have a lot of expectations for it but was pleasantly surprised 

• Useful 2

@Shannon L.  @Spartan Girl

Either of you heard of this guy and or documentary?  Or anyone else for that matter?   This guy made literally his whole life out of Rocky Balboa.  

I showed the clip below to a friend and he thought Mike here was mentally ill.  i thought that sounded harsh.  Yeah it's not a good thing Mike loses what he is if he's trying to be "Rocky".  But I get it though.  How sometimes you can get inspired like that.  

• Mind Blown 1

I guess a question about the movies are we to assume Paulie and Adrian were Italian as well?  It's never mentioned at all.  Pennino comes up very fast in rocky 2 and the wedding as her maiden name.  And that's about the end of really getting too much into her background.  Besides the you weren't born with much of a body so you'd better develop your brains 

Burt Young & Talia Shire are both Italian irl 

Edited by BlueSkies