Type keyword(s) to search

Bad Judge - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The only positive note -- Angela Kinsey in a blue bikini. That is all.

That was the best part of the episode. Never knew that Angela from The Office had such a rocking body. She kind of funny too so I am glad she is still getting work.

I can usually get around stupid things on a show like this that make no sense, but this was just stupid. Would a judge like that really only hear like one case at a time, so when the witness doesn't show up she calls a recess and goes home. I mean sure Night Court was never super realistic, but at least they handled more than one case an episode. 

Everyone is on lockdown in the courthouse due to a police emergency outside. An innocent game to pass the time leads to a major revelation about Rebecca - she hasn't cried in over 10 years. Meanwhile, Tedward is extremely hungry and discovers someone has stolen granola bars from his earthquake kit.

For the most part I generally dislike sitcoms. I always have and rarely find myself laughing out loud.  But I also end up watching some of them because a twenty minute time block of mindless nonsense is just fine for the soul.  Or something.

But while I sort of understand why certain ones like Modern Family, or Cougar Town get all sorts of love, I do not understand the absolute hatred people have for Bad Judge.  I actually find it rather amusing.  It is completely outside the bounds of any reality-based plot line. It is quite ridiculous.  But the characters amuse me. I enjoy the fact that the characters/actors like and enjoy each other.  And when I occasionally check in on shows like The McCarthy's (sic?), where the  characters and acting are so much more ludicrous, vaudevillian and cliché-ridden, I appreciate shows like Bad Judge all the more.

Perhaps this makes me unsophisticated, humour-wise, but I am not ashamed to go against the grain and say that I am  sorry that this show has been given the axe.  It is not one I would get emotionally invested in, but in comparison to a number of sitcoms I have watched one or two episodes of and then bailed in disgust, it stands above for me.

• Love 7

Preach @Clockwork! 

This is one of the few silly sitcoms that my husband and I both chuckle at at least once or twice and this episode was no different.  Tedward is just amusing, Judy went a completely different way than I ever pictured, as did Judge Hernandez.  

Plus Dick Casablancas people!!  My VMars love gives a lot of shows a lot of leeway.

• Love 2

So what is the deal with this show, has it been cancelled and are they just burning off episodes or what? This episode I found super boring. Does a huge municipal building not have a back door so that they can evacuate people without the risk of them getting shot?

I'm with you Clockwork and Gik! I love this show. It is somewhat Night Courtesque and maybe that's why I like it so much. I liked the secrets and while anyone could have predicted that the obvious secrets wouldn't belong to the obvious candidates, I do like the fun of who they were attached to. I'm sad that it has been cancelled. NBC let them do their 13 episodes which they are now burning off. 

Rebecca has a chance at breaking a courtroom record, but drama with Michelle's ex-husband threatens to slow the process. At the same time, Tom tries desperately to form official friendships with the gang. Meanwhile, Tedward and Gary search for the perfect gift for Rebecca.

Add me to the unofficial we will miss you Bad Judge thread. While nobody brought an act with them to the show like Harry Anderson it did have a cute quality that Night Court had

Finally -- it's over.  And Rebecca gets that awful van back as a conclusion (because that's what was missing from this show and caused it not to be renewed).  Going to miss Tedward, but that's about it.

Note to Hollywood screen writers:  That is not how sprinkler systems work. Ever.

Whoever does the makeup on this episode needs to get canned, except that that's already happened.  It's glaringly obvious in HD that the actors have gobs of make-up applied to their faces, yet their necks are a noticeably different color.

Appollonia Lavender -- that name is just so traditionally Russian, her parents must have really wanted her to be stripper in America.  And they have to wait hours for the "telefax" from Russia.  To paraphrase Mr. Burns from the Simpsons, what was sending the request via the Russian Consulate in Siam by aero mail not an option. Or was it too late for the 4:30 autogyro ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I though this episode was slightly better than the rest (I actually laughed a couple of times) and I like the van. But it was still stupid and I have no idea why sometimes the lawyer guy is a DA and sometimes he is a civil court lawyer.

Whoever does the makeup on this episode needs to get canned, except that that's already happened.  It's glaringly obvious in HD that the actors have gobs of make-up applied to their faces, yet their necks are a noticeably different color.

I know what you mean (and I normally don't notice those things) but Angela from the Office looked like she was wearing a rubber mask of herself at one point. And then when they cut away to a different shot, she looked normal again.