Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Chapter 67

I'm not enjoying this AT ALL.  Do I really need more (and constant, in your face) reminders of how corrupt and sell-serving our politicians are?  Don't care about why Claire is the way she is, you can possibly be surprised that she was blamed for enticing the boys to assault her.  There is nobody at all I am interested in. 

• Love 1

What was that (ballet move, yoga pose) kneeling position that both Claire and the Diane Lane character did in the bathroom?  The DL person asked Claire if she could still do it. Was it sorority related? I’m not sure how long these ladies have known each other but from their conversations I think it goes back to their early ages. 

• Love 2

I think what is interesting is that just because someone is dead doesn’t mean they are gone especially someone like Frank. Frank who had his worked best in the shadows and made a lot of promises and those people he made promises to expect Claire to deliver.   That is an interesting story to me.  It wa Franks making the promises not Claire and yet so many people still expect Claire to do his and their bidding even though she is President.

• Love 1

Wow, now Claire's enemies are threatening to reveal that Frank was gay. These people.

Wait, what? Is Claire critically ill or merely pregnant? A pregnancy might give her a lot of political capital assuming one of her enemies doesn't run a DNA test behind her back.

What was that (ballet move, yoga pose) kneeling position that both Claire and the Diane Lane character did in the bathroom?  The DL person asked Claire if she could still do it. Was it sorority related?

I'm pretty sure it was a debutante bow known as the Texas dip. What's interesting is that 30 or so years later Claire and her frenemy are still thin and limber enough to do it. And that they seem to be proud of that.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm pretty sure it was a debutante bow known as the Texas dip. What's interesting is that 30 or so years later Claire and her frenemy are still thin and limber enough to do it. And that they seem to be proud of that.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen, so clearly designed to reinforce the submissive role of the woman.  I sure hope she got a decent (ie, rich) husband from that performance.  I get the irony of using it in the show. 

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, mjc570 said:

I'm not enjoying this AT ALL.  Do I really need more (and constant, in your face) reminders of how corrupt and sell-serving our politicians are?  Don't care about why Claire is the way she is, you can possibly be surprised that she was blamed for enticing the boys to assault her.  There is nobody at all I am interested in. 

I tend to agree so far. 

At this point I am just watching because I want to no how this ends

The beginning of this season so far though as dull as watching paint dry.  They are dragging out EVERYTHING, lots of talking and behind the scenes threats and discussion without much happening

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Greg Kinnear is playing a real asshole. If he grabbed my hand when signing I would be tempted to use that pen and do like she did to that little boy's eye when she was young. 

That was way over the top.  Just him asking if she needs his helping in signing, and being there as she did it, was enough.  I didn't need him actually DOING IT

But House of Cards has never been one for its subtlety

• Love 2
On 11/3/2018 at 8:46 AM, Mindthinkr said:

What was that (ballet move, yoga pose) kneeling position that both Claire and the Diane Lane character did in the bathroom?  The DL person asked Claire if she could still do it. Was it sorority related? I’m not sure how long these ladies have known each other but from their conversations I think it goes back to their early ages. 

This is where the show has started to lose me as a viewer. I don't know what that was about, but I have no interest. Claire can carry the show, and I get that some feel she stole the office and don't like it, and I'm on board for her (and her team) vs. the world, but this stupid sorority ballet feud with Angela is pointless. It actually makes me more interested in Doug's looniness.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Ottis said:

This is where the show has started to lose me as a viewer. I don't know what that was about, but I have no interest. Claire can carry the show, and I get that some feel she stole the office and don't like it, and I'm on board for her (and her team) vs. the world, but this stupid sorority ballet feud with Angela is pointless. It actually makes me more interested in Doug's looniness.

I was expecting it to lead to a lesbian scene with her and Angela. 

And not because that is what I wanted or being sexist, its just what we know of Frank and his bisexuality.  I assumed Claire was the same way. 

• Love 4