Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06 Body Image

American Housewife

Body Image (Season 3 | Episode 6)

8:30PM | ABC

The previous "fattest housewife" in Westport gets plastic surgery to lose weight, and Chloe Brown Mueller rubs it in Katie's face that Katie has now assumed that title. In order to get revenge on Chloe, Katie goes through great lengths to dig up bad photos of Chloe from high school. In discussing body image with the kids, Katie and her mother, Kathryn, turn out to be bad influences on Anna-Kat and Taylor, unintentionally encouraging them to focus too much on the outward appearance.

Airdate: October 31, 2018

I'm conflicted about this episode - just like Katie. On the one hand, people should be able to do what they want to their own bodies. On the other hand, our society has such unrealistic expectations on what "attractive" is. 

• Love 10

Actually, body image is a serious topic that should have been handled more soberly. Sitcoms are allowed to do that sometimes, if only with a post-credits PSA. I wish "Modern Family" would touch on Reid Ewing's (Dylan) true story on this subject, for instance.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

So we're supposed to believe that Chloe spent her entire life in Westport, changed herself entirely...but didn't think anyone would ever bring it up or even remember it? Huh.

I don't remember the details too clearly, but Katie was able to blackmail her with the details of her real name/identity... so I guess she must have moved away for a while and changed her whole appearance to the point that, if anyone still lives in Westport that knew her before, they haven't realized who Chloe really is.  She does look completely different compared to the photo on the cake. 

Edited by AnnaRose
typo
  • Love 2