Type keyword(s) to search

Forever Anticipation

Lisin

I too got the New Amsterdam vibes. I love Ioan Gruffudd, I love his accent and I'll be giving this show a try. Let's hope it'll last longer than the one with Nikolaj.

I was able to see the pilot, and I very much enjoyed it. Lots of voiceovers with Ioan's lovely accent. His character is angsty, but also quite playful. And extremely observant.

• Love 2

Two-night premiere:

"Forever" will be kicking off premiere week with two new episodes, with a special sneak preview on Monday, September 22, and a second, all-new episode on Tuesday, September 23, for its regular time period premiere.

---

I still have the New Amsterdam pilot on my computer, so I'm going to be comparing it to this show a lot when it airs. The biggest difference, it seems, from all the other similar premises, is that this guy doesn't know why he is immortal.

Hmmm... speaking of of immortal crimefighters/detectives/vampires, has this ever been done with a female lead? (I'm guessing No; none come to mind.)

Hmmm... speaking of of immortal crimefighters/detectives/vampires, has this ever been done with a female lead? (I'm guessing No; none come to mind.)

I think Highlander: The Raven counts. Elizabeth Gracen, played Amanda, an Immortal, who was a spin-off character from  the original Highlander series.  She worked with a male police detective who was portrayed by Paul Johansson. The series lasted one season (1998-1999).

And, not that I'm really invested in this show, but I dislike these special timeslot premieres.  I think they just confuse viewers, making it harder to convert passive viewers into regular viewers, and thus reduce the potential audience for a series.

Is anyone familiar with the F. Paul Wilson novel series featuring Repairman Jack?  Somehow this drama just reminds me of some of the novels themes, and when I heard that his best friend was named Abe and he owned an antique shop I was further intrigued (Abe in the novels owns a sporting goods shop that's a cover for a weapons shop).

I LOVED the Pete Hammil book, too.  As a matter of fact, I immediately thought of that book when I heard about this show.

For people not familiar with the book, it involves an character who is trying to avenge the murder of his family in Ireland.  He will only remain immortal as long as he does not leave the island of Manhattan, or whenever the last descendant of the family responsible for murdering his own family is dead.