Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Burial

• Start Topic

Interesting turn of events - at the beginning of the season, Zelda was pretty dismissive of Harvey and Sabrina's relationship with him, but in this episode as soon as she heard there had been an accident at the mines, she told Sabrina to get there immediately and she even added a "pray to Satan he's all right."

On a shallow note, I wish they makeup people would ditch Hilda's bright turquoise eye shadow.

Interesting that the witches have their own version of the prime directive which prevents them from interfering with mortal business (but somehow that doesn't extend to Agatha and Dorcas causing the mine collapse in the first place). And it was totally okay for Zelda to do magic in broad daylight in front of a bunch of mortals to keep Harvey's father from punching him?

Poor Sabrina. Knowing that there were no survivors but not being able to tell Harvey or the other miners was difficult enough, but later when Harvey said his father only cared about the insurance money she knew it wasn't true but couldn't say anything.

The Our Town exchange between Ambrose and Zelda was great, especially when she started crying.

Later when Zelda whispered to Faustus that she needed his spiritual guidance, I thought oh, please don't let that be a euphemism! His rationalization that the Dark Lord doesn't want them to be untouched was like every religious person's rationalization for cheating on his spouse. I am not here for their affair.

I still don't trust Faustus so his offer to let Ambrose work at the school still seems suspicious (although i am happy that Ambrose will finally get to leave the house).

I was surprised that Sabrina was willing to kill Agatha until I remembered the Cain & Abel dirt in the front yard. Even though she had a plan, she still technically killed someone.

The whole necromancy plot reminded me of the Buffy episode where Dawn decided to bring Joyce back to life and it turned out to be a zombie, especially the knocking on the door and Harvey going to answer it at the very end.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5

So, I seemed to have written up an entire post about this episode, but left the page without actually submitting it. Go, me.  Luckily the board saved it. 

I think this is my favorite episode so far. 

I thought it was very telling that Zelda actually used magic in public in order to prevent Harvey’s dad from hitting him. 

Isn’t this how the comic Afterlife With Archie started? Gulp. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Interesting that the witches have their own version of the prime directive which prevents them from interfering with mortal business (but somehow that doesn't extend to Agatha and Dorcas causing the mine collapse in the first place). And it was totally okay for Zelda to do magic in broad daylight in front of a bunch of mortals to keep Harvey's father from punching him?

It was interesting to see Zelda, someone who has been so detesting of mortals and living so much in the witch world, but who also has had a crisis in faith for the last few episodes, be the one to perform magic publicly. She seemed to really care about Harvey this episode, which is unlike what we've seen from Zelda before.

Of course Faustus has a plan with Ambrose. I'm not sure what it is yet, but it obviously has to do with Sabrina. Speaking of Faustus, though, him and Zelda? Meh.

I felt bad for Harvey and I think Ross Lynch did well with the grief portrayed over Tommy's death. I honestly became convinced that Tommy wasn't dead for a while. No body means no death for me. But if it is true and it was Tommy at the end, I doubt he's remotely ok.

But going straight into necromancy? That's dark shit right there and I couldn't blame Ambrose for yelling at her. Sabrina's definitely embracing her dark witch side and this has to be going to Wardwell's plan. 

Susie seeing their dead relative is not going to be their dead relative, is it?

• Love 3

As soon as Father Blackwood started his pitch about Lady B's cutting him off and the Dark Lord's wishes and thoughts on the matter, I knew what was going to happen.  Zelda!  I'm not really going to enjoy whatever affair they have and I'm sorry that Zelda is probably going to pay the price.  I enjoy Zelda's speaking mannerisms and watching her on my screen though.

It was really weird seeing Sabrina do the deed, even though she had that backup plan in mind.  Now that the universe is out of balance with Sabrina's meddling, what is going to happen?

Oh boy, Sabrina is going further and further into the darkside! Necromancy isnt anything to lightly mess around with, even if she did it for good reasons, and even find a loophole where didnt have to permanently kill anyone. I liked this episode a lot, it had some great atmosphere, and the whole cast got a lot to do. Sabrina is really embracing her inner witch, so much that even her witch family is freaking out. 

I dont trust Faustus at all, in his affair with Zelda, or offering to help Ambrose get his sentence overturned. Also, Ambrose tried to assassinate the Pope at some point! I guess going so directly after the other team is considered bad form in the Church of Night, even if its mostly due to a crush. I hope Ambrose can get out of the house soon at least. 

Poor Harvey, he really was so badly hurt by losing his brother, and is now stuck with his awful dad. I cant believe Zelda used magic right there to stop asshole dad from punching Harvey! Loved the Our Town exchange between Ambrose and Zelda as well, it was generally an interesting episode for them in general. 

This isnt going to end well for anyone, is it? 

• Love 2

Cant really say I'm mad about Agatha dying since her and Dorcas killed Tommy based on no real proof and just assumption they were witch hunting. But still shocked to see Sabrina slitting her throat open. Of Course Ambrose is right it's very foolish to raise the dead. Father Blackwood and Zelda hooking up was gross. 

2 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Cant really say I'm mad about Agatha dying( and rising again)since her and Dorcas killed Tommy based on no real proof and just assumption they were witch hunting. But still shocked to see Sabrina slitting her throat open. Of Course Ambrose is right it's very foolish to raise the dead. Father Blackwood and Zelda hooking up was gross. Of course having just watched this episode and getting ready to watch the next one I'm betting Sabrina regrets raising Tommy from the Dead. Also so Suzie is infact a Boy and is Transitioning? And Father Blackwood is getting his boys and has Zelda as a mistress?

I know I'm super late to the party, but I finally have time to become obsessed with this series. I am fascinated by the props used throughout and in this episode in particular I loved this eyeball prop. I am trying to track down where it is from or if Alexandra Rojek had it created especially. Can anyone help?

Picture1.jpg

Even later to the party. 

-Really irritating that they continue to rip off Buffy 

-The witch's name is Dorcas? Seriously?

It was weird seeing Sabrina kill someone but even if she hadn't resurrected her, I'm down with dark Sabrina. It would make her more interesting. I find her slightly irritating.