Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: The Gang Does A Clip Show

• Start Topic

With nothing to do while their phones update to the latest software, the gang decides to reminisce on old times; as everyone misremembers events from their past, the gang's current reality becomes altered.

Edited by Galileo908

The Gang finally does a clips show. Except they swerve around and can't even do that without massive headaches. Seinfeld/"The Contest" homage FTW. Of course Charlie would play Kramer. Downside: seeing Danny Devito naked from behind in the Christmas special. Why bring that back? Even if you're also including the time Charlie assaulted a mall Santa due to flashbacks on a bunch of Kris Kringles running trains on his mom . . . naked Danny Devito. Brrrrrrr.

• Love 4

Gotta love seeing the classic clips unbleeped, that was a trip. Also loved how the gang kept pointing out whenever they weren't in specific clips. I thought it was perfect that last season's closing scene was when they started misremembering. I wonder if all those clips were filmed back then? Of course the Seinfeld clip was my favorite part. I love how Dennis and Mac were both Jerry.

But like the pitfalls of most clip shows, it was showing moments of much better times. Like Nightman Cometh, but in Chinese.

• Love 2

I have to love the irony that in a season which has been pretty lazy, the episode with the laziest concept of all turns out to be very creative with a significant amount of effort.

A nice running gag that no one cares at all about Dennis leaving, even to the point that they don't remember it. Fairly meta in how it was supposed to be a big deal and then just wasn't.

• Love 4

I think they really short changed themselves on the alternate realities and could have done a lot more than they did. Though I am well enough entertained having them all together riffing. 

Dee as the actual ostrich at the halloween party still kills me. 

• Love 2