Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Fight Your Own Battles

• Start Topic

During these stupid team seasons, I will never understand how horrible drawings get approved by the coaches in the first place. Are they not allowed to see them beforehand? Because that's the only way I can see something like Stacy's biomech drawing being transferred to skin. The application was fine! It was bad design that doomed her from the start. Jeez.

Turk's team members must be seeing something I'm not for them to go to press for him to stay. I think he's worse than Stacy or Austin. Also, Tiffer has become the de facto leader of that team, not Cleen.

By the way, I'd like to buy those canvases a virtual beer. Both of them took the abuse of multiple artists grinding their skin for six hours without budging.

• Love 6

I don't know if they sent the right person home. Stacey and Austin are definitely the weakest links on the team, I'd add Turk as well and Kyle's negative energy to it too, but I think Stacey won that due to the fact that she had no help. It wasn't the greatest, neither of them were that amazing, but she had no help while Austin constantly had assistants.

That being said, I think Kyle should have left since he's so negative and he put his hands on his brother last week. He's a better artist than his brother and some of the other weaker contestants, but someone like him will ruin your team's dynamic more than anything else.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 3

Austin should've been gone a long time ago. He's basically a more obnoxious version of Kruseman, insofar as failing his way through the competition by riding on other people screwing up worse. Austin has not done one solid tattoo yet and has been in the bottom nearly every week. 

Since Austin yet again got lucky by Stacy goofing up worse, he needs to low-key work with Team Christian. Cleen straight up tried to throw him under the bus during the face-off tattoo.

Edited by MuMuGuy
  • Love 3

I really liked the aliens vs dinosaurs tattoo.  It was an epic battle with multiple fights going on.  Neither Stacy or Austin's blew me away nor were either the worst things we've seen on IM.  I think Stacy has been improving and like others have said if she'd gotten a little help she might have won. At least she had a plan and an idea where her light source was coming from.   They have gotten rid of one of the weaker tattooers.   But there's one less person to balance out those with negative and argumentative attitudes.  So not sure it made the team stronger.  

• Love 3

I don't think getting "help" should have mattered.  They were just opinions and he either took them or didn't.  It's not like they tattooed for him.   Plus everyone was bored and had nothing better to do than hover around him.  

• Love 1

It would totally suck to actually get on this show, which most on them probably have been applying for years, and then realize that the entire season was going to be about Christian and Cleen. 

• Love 4
On 10/3/2018 at 3:01 AM, Charlesman said:

Always a snoozer when there are only 2 final tattoos in a heads-up. I'd rather see everyone keep tattooing.

Not to mention we're 6 episodes in and I legitimately can't remember a single tattoo from half of the cast. When you do flash challenges/team tattoos with only the losing team or members of the losing team doing the elimination tattoo, it seriously cuts down on the overall amount of work we get to see. 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, CheezyXpressed said:

I don't know if they sent the right person home.

I don't put any stock in the teamwork argument. I just liked Stacey's tattoo more. Maybe I don't appreciate the biomechanical style but to my eye Stacey's tattoo had a much cleaner look than Austins. 

How on earth do they get volunteers for these head to head tattoos? What's the sales pitch? A free tattoo by artists voted the worst on their team? 

• Love 8
On 10/4/2018 at 7:22 PM, NEOhio said:

I really liked the aliens vs dinosaurs tattoo.  It was an epic battle with multiple fights going on.  

My only issue with the tattoo was scale.  The aliens were huge, pretty much the same size as the dinosaurs.  The one in the "giant robot" looked more like he was in a suit of armour because his head was so big that his body would have filled the arms and legs.  But having said that it was the easy winner.

16 hours ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

How on earth do they get volunteers for these head to head tattoos? What's the sales pitch? A free tattoo by artists voted the worst on their team? 

And you have to be totally open to subject matter and style.  Wouldn't you freak out a little if you were getting tattooed by Austin and he is constantly asking for help from everyone?  It wouldn't really fill you with confidence that you are going to end up with a good tattoo.