Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Could It Be . . . Satan?

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Dobian said:

Madison's hell was pretty hilarious.

Give me more Queenie.  It was funny watching her pass the time playing cards with James March in complete boredom.  And then telling Madison how she tried to talk Langdon out of rescuing her.

It was fun seeing the Coven house again with the theme music, as well as Taisa Farmiga.

B.D. Wong, yes!  Although this role isn't as much fun as his stint on Gotham, he is just great in anything he does.

I was hating on this season after the first two episodes, but this 180 in the past two shows has me liking it and wanting more.

Obviously lady gaga and Dennis o hare were not available probably for the Cortez scene. I would guess in pretend ahs world the ghosts were angry at March so they were not around. Remember we learned in Murder House ghosts can make other ghosts just go away from their presence if they don't want them around. I also wonder why March was hanging out in that simple room and not his fancy suite?? I guess it was Queenies room and she would only play with him there. 

Finally caught up on this episode last night and...wow!  Loved everything about it and I am so in for this season.  All this and Jessica Lange too!   I'm excited to see Constance again but oh, how I would love to see a showdown between Michael and Fiona.  Or even better Michael vs. Fiona AND Marie Laveau!

• Love 1

I've read most of the comments...

When Michael was in jail...I was like - Couldn't he have willed the jail cell door open? He willed 5 or so knives into the body of that butcher.

Why did he need that warlock to get him out of prison.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, mansfolly said:

I've read most of the comments...

When Michael was in jail...I was like - Couldn't he have willed the jail cell door open? He willed 5 or so knives into the body of that butcher.

Why did he need that warlock to get him out of prison.

He didn't break out of jail because he didn't want to. The entire scenario was bait for the warlocks. Something big enough and weird enough that 1) the warlocks would hear about it and 2) think 'fellow warlock' instead of 'psycho killer.' It's a wolf in sheep's clothing kind of deal. Actually having to kill someone to accomplish it was just a bonus.

The result is him in a secure location, possibly improving his abilities (not clear how much they actually need to teach him), and definitely surrounding himself with a herd of followers that consider him the Chosen One.

• Love 3

He didn't break out of jail because he didn't want to. The entire scenario was bait for the warlocks. Something big enough and weird enough that 1) the warlocks would hear about it and 2) think 'fellow warlock' instead of 'psycho killer.' It's a wolf in sheep's clothing kind of deal. Actually having to kill someone to accomplish it was just a bonus.

I don't think it's clear at this point whether this was a long con on Michael's part (or, Satan's, for that matter). I'm not sure how much control he actually had over his powers until the school came and recruited him. For that matter, he probably didn't try to escape from prison simply because he had nowhere to go. Although . . . I couldn't figure out why Kathy Bates was just standing outside the jail when he walked out with the headmaster. 

• Love 2

I think it's a long con and Bates's Devil Mama was in on it from  the start. Michael was smiling pretty wide in that car with Ariel as Bates chanted, "Hail the New World!" He needed to wipe out the witches entirely to carry out his plan. I think his goal all along was to infiltrate the warlocks, take over, and strip Cordelia of the title of Supreme.

Anyone notice how Michael walks in to the boys school when he first arrives? How he holds his arms, like he's inspecting the place? It's a cocky posture for a boy who is unsure of who he is and scared of his powers.

• Love 1
On 10/8/2018 at 5:46 PM, Terrafamilia said:

I would like to know why those manwitch students weren't wearing socks.

This made me realize that I was actually right last year when I predicted that the Manwich scenes were a clue that there would be warlocks this season.  I'm way more excited about that than it warrants...

Meanwhile, I think I might have missed the ending.  My dvr was acting up when this recorded so I had to get it from On Demand.  The ending was Queenie rushing over to Cordelia when she fainted then it immediately went black for a second and came back with a split second shot of some grey guy opening his eyes, then credits.  What makes me think I missed something is that the credits listed Albino Guys #1 and #2 and I don't remember any albinos in this episode.

So the (Nathaniel?) Hawthorne school was turned into the Outpost, right?  It seems to make sense then that the Robichaux school is the other one.

I wasn't paying attention during the opening credits so I was delightfully surprised when I heard Billy Porter's voice (I'm going to assume his butterfly belt is just fashion coincidence and has nothing to do with the rose butterflies) and went into hyperdrive when BD Wong showed up.  We need more Oz veterans on this show.  I would pay good money to see Rita Moreno share some scenes with Frances Conroy!

@Rap541 I never watched Buffy (I know, right??) so I don't know how they used the term hellmouth, but the concept has been around since the Middle Ages.  It was central to a lot of Hieronymus Bosch's work.

Edited by Sile
On 10/4/2018 at 6:04 PM, ClareWalks said:

Oh I don't think he would need to prove any more, but Cordelia should use the only real leverage she has to get Misty back! I want my back-swamp Stevie Nicks returned. And her Hell that she is stuck in was particularly sad.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:21 PM, ClareWalks said:

I'm still holding out hope that Cordelia says "I'll do the 7 Wonders test IF you get Misty back."

I am pleased to see that I would pass the Divination test of the 7 Wonders! Although I am definitely NOT the next Supreme.

• Love 1