Type keyword(s) to search

TDS 3.0: Season Four Talk

• Start Topic

I found Sotomayor a little condescending in the servos half. I always eyeroll when anyone pulls out the, but the media card. That's just not true. 

I found the about reading the decisions and then you can't watch them on TV because you wouldn't understand was trying to have it both ways. Maybe if the nomination process was actually thorough and professional we'd know more about them too. 

They're certainly may be truth to the factor of cameras affecting collegiality in the senate, but I'm not sure less transparency in government is a good idea, and the senators could also grow the fuck up too. 

In regard to the president bragging about how The Wall absorbs heat . . . is it made from material where you can blowtorch the hell out of it, and yet you wouldn't get hurt if you touched it right after? As opposed to actually retaining heat and burning those would dare climb it, which the president seems to believe?

Also: how fucked up is it that PM Trudeau is in trouble for his costumed escapades, and yet he would be a far more acceptable leader to most than what we got now? The makeup commercial from Dulcé, JYW and Kosta was pretty good.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, Lantern7 said:

Also: how fucked up is it that PM Trudeau is in trouble for his costumed escapades, and yet he would be a far more acceptable leader to most than what we got now?

Yet this embarrassing scandal may be the cherry on top of a shit sundae that costs Trudeau and the Liberal party the next federal election in a month's time to Andrew Scheer's anti immigration Tories, while the current U.S. president may still yet prevail next year.

Stupidity doesn't stop at the border.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Sadly, Ronnie has a point. 

Seriously. That story made me think of the furor after Trump fired Comey. "He fired the guy who was investigating him and OPENLY ADMITTED in a TV INTERVIEW that he fired him because of the investigation - this is it, right?!?" And we all know how that turned out. I definitely sympathize with Ronny's reluctance to get worked up for another scandal.

(That's one thing I appreciate about the clip shows we often get when the show's on hiatus. It reminds me of just how much has happened in all this.)

But who knows? Maybe this time around, John Oliver's "We Got Him" button will get some real use.

• Love 7