Type keyword(s) to search

S08:E09 Motion to Delay

Chicago Redshirt

Two days later and only one comment?  That says something about this episode.

Yawn.

I didn't care about the threat to all those men running the firm although it's nice to see John K. again  (It's been a long time since Forever Knight.)  I didn't care about Samantha and Alex fighting yet again. Just make it stop.

The one plot I did like was Katrina and Brian.  For once the show is not going for the obvious (an adulterous affair) but an exploration of their friendship as Katrina learns to play with others. I also like Carolyn Hennessy much toned down from her usual roles.

• Love 1

I can only hope next season is the final season, I think the cast could put on a good performance, if the writers can do anything halfway decent.

I hope Katrina and associate-with-baby just stay friends. Don't have them get romantic, have Katrina find someone to spend some time with and have AWB help her learn to play with others - maybe Katrina will go through a few romantic partners while she learns how to turn off for a little while

• Love 2

Katrina and Brian are the most interesting relationship right now because they seem to have touched on the adulterous affair angle and wisely backed away from it.  But the way the actors are playing it, there still seems to be considerable tension.  Or maybe I'm seeing something that's not there, or not supposed to be there.  I did like how Katrina "proposed" to him: Brian Something Something, will you be my associate?  That was cute.  I'm sure it's been done before with similar working relationships, but whatever; it was nice.

Bummer about the guy having a heart attack, but that's one resolution I didn't see coming.  All these impossible cases coming at them, and they survive one because the guy died before he could see it through.  Or course, in a way that's what Harvey was trying to do with his endless motions to delay.  Drag it out long enough, and he'll die before the case closes.  They just didn't think it was going to be the next day.

Part of me keeps hoping the show gets cancelled and then is disappointed when it isn't.  It's sad, but I've seen every episode since the beginning, when it was fun and didn't take itself too seriously but somehow still had some serious stuff and actual law being practiced (even if it was fake TV law).  I keep thinking I'm gonna stop watching, but I don't want to stop and then find out it was cancelled and I managed to see every episode except the last few.  So I keep watching, and somehow it keeps getting renewed.

Was this the first episode this season that didn't name-drop Mike or Rachel?  Because I actually don't miss them, and it's distracting when they mention them.  All the new stuff with Alex and Katrina and Robert and Samantha has managed to take their place.  I just don't care about who's name goes on the wall next as much as the writers seem to think we should.  Or at all, actually.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Orbert said:

Katrina and Brian are the most interesting relationship right now because they seem to have touched on the adulterous affair angle and wisely backed away from it.  But the way the actors are playing it, there still seems to be considerable tension.  Or maybe I'm seeing something that's not there, or not supposed to be there.  I did like how Katrina "proposed" to him: Brian Something Something, will you be my associate?  That was cute.  I'm sure it's been done before with similar working relationships, but whatever; it was nice.

Bummer about the guy having a heart attack, but that's one resolution I didn't see coming.  All these impossible cases coming at them, and they survive one because the guy died before he could see it through.  Or course, in a way that's what Harvey was trying to do with his endless motions to delay.  Drag it out long enough, and he'll die before the case closes.  They just didn't think it was going to be the next day.

Part of me keeps hoping the show gets cancelled and then is disappointed when it isn't.  It's sad, but I've seen every episode since the beginning, when it was fun and didn't take itself too seriously but somehow still had some serious stuff and actual law being practiced (even if it was fake TV law).  I keep thinking I'm gonna stop watching, but I don't want to stop and then find out it was cancelled and I managed to see every episode except the last few.  So I keep watching, and somehow it keeps getting renewed.

Was this the first episode this season that didn't name-drop Mike or Rachel?  Because I actually don't miss them, and it's distracting when they mention them.  All the new stuff with Alex and Katrina and Robert and Samantha has managed to take their place.  I just don't care about who's name goes on the wall next as much as the writers seem to think we should.  Or at all, actually.

Mike was in the "Previously On" and the woman Donna went to talked about "that lawyer"

Curious show.: Lawyers, law offices, lots of talk about law suits.
But, no court action, no court rooms, no judges.
Oh...wait..I figured it out.  This is not a show about LAWSUITS...it is a show about people wearing spiffy SUITS.
Ahhh....that explains it.  YAWN

• Love 3
2 hours ago, grommit2 said:

Oh...wait..I figured it out.  This is not a show about LAWSUITS...it is a show about people wearing spiffy SUITS.

And that always makes us think of White Collar... This season of Suits is a little boring.  

On 9/18/2018 at 8:12 PM, Orbert said:

LOL!  (seriously)  "According to a random person on Quora..."

Sourcing it properly is fun :D Better than saying "oh yeah they don't get paid"

But since the actor who played Mike starred, I am guessing he probably had it in his contract that he got some flat fee

On 9/21/2018 at 11:31 AM, grommit2 said:

To be fair, about 97% of any typical litigation practice is not courtroom related, aside from stupendously unexciting things like status conferences. 

• Useful 1