Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Nae & Brannon

Whimsy

Just now, Whimsy said:

Nev and Max attempt to help a young woman named Nae track down her elusive internet celebrity crush and soon find themselves embroiled in a catfish conspiracy.

Ok, I'm quoting myself but they're trying so hard to make this episode sound interesting.  Hahahahaha.  Conspiracy.  Hahahahaha. 

• Love 7

I know, right? They all acted shocked when they learned he was actually in LA -- "He's sneaking around behind our backs!" "I don't believe he's even in LA!" Of course he's there, there would be no show if he weren't in town.

I thought they should have been a little more protective of her instead of texting him the address after he had already stated he wanted to see her alone. I hope she went straight to the airport after filming -- I'd hate to be stuck alone in a little house somewhere with someone who can't take no for an answer knowing where I was.

• Love 2

They rented an entire house for her? Why wouldn’t they put her in a nice hotel instead of renting that nasty little house?

I don't know who's more delusional, her or him.

• Love 1

Where was the conspiracy!?!?  I was expecting some mind-blowing revelation.  Except, no I wasn't.  It was the same story that's been told so many times before.  *Yawn* 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, GaT said:

They rented an entire house for her? Why wouldn’t they put her in a nice hotel instead of renting that nasty little house?

They were following established formula, except that they couldn't pretend that her house was hers since viewers knew they flew her out to LA, rather than going to her.

• Love 1
On 8/8/2018 at 10:02 PM, Porkchop said:

Why does Max look like he's been on a bender? And at the end of the show, Nev is starting to look like he doesn't look in the bathroom mirror any more. What's up?

Because they're still stuck on a goofy college kid show they clearly both assumed they would leave for better projects by 2015? But all of their side gigs are steaming turds (hello, We Are Your Friends and anything Nev has ever attempted), so they keep begrudgingly crawling back to the Catfish teat. They look more deflated every season.

You can tell they thought this show would be the launchpad for their careers, not the main pillar. 

16 minutes ago, gesundheit said:

I'm terrified that Max's departure means more Mrs. Nev.

WAIT HE'S LEAVING? To do what? Become a full-time iPhone movie director? Fuck if I'm gonna watch Nev and Mrs. Nev play detective while flirting and making schmoopy eyes at each other for 45 mins.