Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E09: Purgatory 2018.06.05

• Start Topic

I've been waiting since last Wednesday for the PTV bug that caused the Powers That Fix Bugs to turn off the episode topic option to be fixed, but it ain't happened yet, so here is your link to the (now not so early) preview of the next episode of Deadliest Catch, Purgatory:

Keith is forced to hand over the Wizard. Josh fights for the helm despite a bad showing. Major engine trouble threatens Wild Bill's season.

The captains du jour are Monte, Josh & Casey, and Wild Bill.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

Sorry, that bug happened when they fixed something else. They'll get to it.

Oh, I didn't mean to whine, just grouse a little.  I used to do code fixes back in my youth, so I know how it goes.

It's just that the episode option is so freaking cool and I really really miss it!

• Love 2

geez a whole episode of basically Monty, Josh & Casey w just a little Bill thrown in?  When he's on for part of an episode it's not so bad but to be featured like that....does Harris have dirt on someone at Disco or what?  Or are we here at PTV the only viewers that can"t stand him?  Honestly I'd rather watch Jake Anderson blow his top and flirt with an aneurysm for an hour than hear Josh laud his skills and talk about "the old man" one more time.  

• Love 5

Was anyone else laughing and cheering when Josh ("I've got a good feeling about this string") was pulling up empty pots while Monte was hauling in big numbers?  I'm just disappointed that Monte broke down and threw Josh a bone.  I hope there were few crabs in the area where Monte sent Josh.

Again the editing was off on scenes from the CM.  Josh's hat went from straight to turned to the right a bit, then turned to the left a lot, then turned all the way around.  Grown-ups wear their hats facing in the same direction (bill straight ahead) all the time.  Grow up, Josh.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/6/2018 at 7:41 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

geez a whole episode of basically Monty, Josh & Casey w just a little Bill thrown in?  When he's on for part of an episode it's not so bad but to be featured like that....does Harris have dirt on someone at Disco or what?  Or are we here at PTV the only viewers that can"t stand him?  Honestly I'd rather watch Jake Anderson blow his top and flirt with an aneurysm for an hour than hear Josh laud his skills and talk about "the old man" one more time.  

I think so part of Discovery is still trying to milk viewers' affection for Phil.  If you look at the Cornelia Marie facebook page, there are actually still people who love Josh for some darn reason.  He's a twit, at best.   

Bill's segment was interesting, seeing the huge impact of seemingly small issues.  Similarly, Keith and Monte's interactions were fascinating for the psychology of it.  Keith is right there on the surface, isn't he?  His frustration over his infection and inability to go out this time manifested itself as worry that Monte will screw up.  Monte's not going to screw up, although he may do things differently than Keith.  Down deep, Keith knows that.

Edited by terrymct
  • Love 3

Damn - Keith's condition is some serious shit.  Very scary that the infection is in his spine - I checked out osteomyelitis on the Mayo Clinic site, and it is definitely not to be taken lightly.  I hope he responds well to the antibiotics.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Damn - Keith's condition is some serious shit.  Very scary that the infection is in his spine - I checked out osteomyelitis on the Mayo Clinic site, and it is definitely not to be taken lightly.  I hope he responds well to the antibiotics.

Yeah, and he's got a line in and is giving himself big doses of antibiotics.  I wonder if he bargained his way out of the hospital, promised he'd do that every day if they'd release him or not require him to come to the hospital each day to receive the medicine.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, terrymct said:

Yeah, and he's got a line in and is giving himself big doses of antibiotics.  I wonder if he bargained his way out of the hospital, promised he'd do that every day if they'd release him or not require him to come to the hospital each day to receive the medicine.

I wouldn't doubt it.  ;-)

Haha Josh that's what you get for being an asshole to Monte of all people. I love Monte and Edgar the most and love to see them succeed. So fuck Josh, Monte shouldn't have told him shit. 

• Love 8

I'm hoping Discovery will stop shoving Josh Harris in our faces all the time. I loved Phil, but I'm sick of Josh getting the Prodigal Son edit. He's a famewhore who needs to go far away. He's no more a crabber than I am. 

• Love 8