Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Hope Smiles from the Threshold 06.04.2018

(edited)

Screen+Shot+2018-05-22+at+9.05.02+AM+%25

A local homeless woman’s surprising connection to the crossing provides Jude and Nestor with crucial answers about what really happened at the threshold. Meanwhile, Naomi’s growing influence at the camp leads to a shocking confrontation.

Promos

Edited by CooperTV

I wonder where Naomi and her followers plan to live after they escape the camp grounds? I'm surprised Naomi was able to get a security guard to help them escape. I wonder if Lindauer's daughter was a slave in the future or did Lindauer adopt her after they fled the future...

She is Caleb and Rebecca's daughter Rachel. Unless Lindauer happened to find another girl named Rachel with the same mark that Naomi has that indicates that she was an Apex slave. The blonde woman did mention earlier in the episode that there was one child with the first migration. So that would have been Rachel. The real question is how Lindauer got an Apex slave. Did he take her from the Apex or did she somehow escape and end up with Lindauer?

• Love 3

I believe it was the other one, the one who had been sort of in charge.  

It was shocking to see the thousands and thousands of people lined up to go through the time machine thing.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I believe it was the other one, the one who had been sort of in charge.  

It was shocking to see the thousands and thousands of people lined up to go through the time machine thing.

I thought it might be him, but couldn’t really tell from the camera angle.  It was a really good move on the writers’  part to include a comment from Diane about all the people that were left behind. 

I really like this show. It’s very often that  shows I like get cancelled after 1 season. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m disappointed. in 150 years, we will still need bi-focals? Diane couldn’t get her eyes fixed? 

Which agent got shot- the one with the time travelers or the other one? 

Well, to be fair, she has been living in the 21st century for the last 10 years and probably didn't need them when she was still in her time.

I'm with you, though.  Bi-focals are for the birds!  (but they are much, much better than not being able to see :-)

Edited by Ziggy
23 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Well, to be fair, she has been living in the 21st century for the last 10 years and probably didn't need them when she was still in her time.

I'm with you, though.  Bi-focals are for the birds!  (but they are much, much better than not being able to see :-)

No she came with this latest group. She just landed further up the beach and avoided being rounded up.  

7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

No she came with this latest group. She just landed further up the beach and avoided being rounded up.  

Oops!  For some reason I was thinking of Paul's wife ... Greta?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm surprised I knew it lol. I still don't know Jude's partner's name. Or the doctor's name. Or the apex slave's name. 

A lot of them are on imdb, but Eve isn't.  And that really bugs me :-)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Oops!  For some reason I was thinking of Paul's wife ... Greta?

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Eve.

I believe both are correct. If I remember correctly there was a scene that mentioned that she was originally Greta, but changed her name to Eve after arriving in the past.

• Love 1
On 6/5/2018 at 8:57 PM, mythoughtis said:

I’m disappointed. in 150 years, we will still need bi-focals? Diane couldn’t get her eyes fixed?

Well, since humans are being systematically hunted and slaughtered by Apex, I imagine there's not much of a medical system in place to take care of the lesser medical issues.

Did anyone else expect Diane's machine to light up and ping into the red when the lights were turned out at the end?

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Well, since humans are being systematically hunted and slaughtered by Apex, I imagine there's not much of a medical system in place to take care of the lesser medical issues.

Did anyone else expect Diane's machine to light up and ping into the red when the lights were turned out at the end?

That’s a really good point that I hadn't even thought about.  We don’t know when the war started. How ever I’m beginning to think APEX developed as a defense to the actions of the first set of visitors combined with the doctors research into the genes.   These subset of people must have felt persecuted. 

I also thought that gadget would start working on the shelf. Why did he put on there rather than take it to Diane? Was she only at Marshall’s temporarily? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Yes! When that didn't happen I wondered what the point of that scene was.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes! When that didn't happen I wondered what the point of that scene was.

I'm not sure. But it's Chekov's time travel indicator - so I expect it will go off at some point.

(edited)
On 7-6-2018 at 8:23 PM, paulvdb said:

I believe both are correct. If I remember correctly there was a scene that mentioned that she was originally Greta, but changed her name to Eve after arriving in the past.

The other way around. Her real name is Eve, her new timeline name was Greta. And that matches with what Numbers!Guy mentioned, how they'd all taken other identities and committed fraud. Possibly stolen the identities of actual living (up until that point, anyway) people, which would also explain how they managed to get where they are right now in just ten years' time.

On 5-6-2018 at 7:55 AM, paulvdb said:

She is Caleb and Rebecca's daughter Rachel. Unless Lindauer happened to find another girl named Rachel with the same mark that Naomi has that indicates that she was an Apex slave. The blonde woman did mention earlier in the episode that there was one child with the first migration. So that would have been Rachel. The real question is how Lindauer got an Apex slave. Did he take her from the Apex or did she somehow escape and end up with Lindauer?

It looked like Rachel was working on cryptology, possibly trying to translate the Apex language? I don't recall if it was mentioned how long ago Rachel was taken from her parents but it probably wasn't years between the abduction and Caleb and Rebecca traveling to the past. That wouldn't have given her enough training to learn to read the language, unlike Naomi. It's possible the First Wave Refugees took information from the Apex with them but haven't been able to crack it, most likely something to do with the Apex' genetic code. 

Two episodes ago, I was also wondering if Eve's new plan to kill the 7% carrying the Apex marker is actually the catalyst for the rise of the Apex. That would indeed make it a closed timeloop/self-fulfilling prophecy. And/or they actually created that virus/disease that almost killed Leah, intended to kill Apex marker carriers and it backfired.

Edited by Efzee
spelling
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Efzee said:

Two episodes ago, I was also wondering if Eve's new plan to kill the 7% carrying the Apex marker is actually the catalyst for the rise of the Apex. That would indeed make it a closed timeloop/self-fulfilling prophecy. And/or they actually created that virus/disease that almost killed Leah, intended to kill Apex marker carriers and it backfired.

I've been thinking that myself.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:03 AM, mythoughtis said:

I thought it might be him, but couldn’t really tell from the camera angle.  It was a really good move on the writers’  part to include a comment from Diane about all the people that were left behind. 

I really like this show. It’s very often that  shows I like get cancelled after 1 season. 

"I really like this show. It’s very often that  shows I like get cancelled after 1 season."

Lol, I used to tell my self, self do not watch any new series until they have a 2nd season. Self never listens. 

• Love 2