Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: All-Stars Special 2018

• Start Topic

I did and I LOVED it!  Man, there was some cheering going on in my house.  So much fun.  The lengths and heights these athletes go to is just so impressive.  I loved the fact that it was the vets, Jessie and Meagan, who were left standing for the finals of the Spider Climb and of course, was so thrilled that Jessie came out on top.  Three trips up, that's just crazy.  All the skills challenges are just mind boggling to me.  I thought they were going to run out of course before the wing nut challenge finished.

And how happy was I that Team Kristine came out on top?!  That was a nail biter.  I still can't quite believe JJ pulled that finish off so quickly.  He did great at keeping calm under such stress.  With the ninjas always cheering each other on throughout all these competitions, I was honestly surprised to see Team Matt just standing there at the end.  I think they might have been as shocked as I was that they lost it. 

Such a fun competition.  I'm guessing by the course set up that this is filmed after the Vegas Finals and US vs The World?  That's a lot of ninja-ing for these folks in just a couple of days.  Again, so impressive.

• Love 6

Awesome night all around!  The wingnut competition WAS nuts, in the best possible way.  And Jessie vs. Meagan was my dream competition, but I love them both so I didn't care who won.

Did Flex Lebreck look off to anyone?  She powered through on the final, but even that had some hesitancy.  And on the spider climb, she looked exhausted right from the start.  I wonder in what order they film the events, or if there were other events that weren't televised, that would account for it.

• Love 2

I watched...I was equal parts happy to see some of my faves and bummed because I remembered how much some people grate.  I get terrified when I see people jump headfirst into water (particularly LITERALLY head first like the weird, headband guy).  

• Love 1
(edited)

Just finished it as I was unable to watch last night. That was so much fun and got me super excited for the season to start! 

Sean Bryan KILLED it on the salmon ladder. I was hoping Najee could edge out Drew on the wing nuts (just because he’s one of my favorites) but damn that was exciting to watch. I do like Drew and he is masterful at landing those flying jumps, he had more control than Najee on almost all of his landings so I wasn’t surprised he won.  Tyler is lucky he didn’t knock out all his teeth on that first landing! Ouch!

Kinda funny to see Mighty Kacey come back and fail yet again (I know, that’s not very nice!)

The team portion was fun too, I thought for sure Matt’s team had it when JJ was struggling so much on that one obstacle. I was disappointed for them! 

I’ve been watching Ninja vs. Ninja but this really got me pumped for the season ahead! Bring it! 

Edited by srpturtle80
  • Love 2

This was a lot of fun, more so than previous seasons. Interesting they didn’t have a warped wall competition this year, probably because they are having an 18ft Wall challenge in qualifying. I liked that they had the women in their own competition although I was annoyed at the whole”Kacy came back for this” crap. We all know this is taped right after Vegas Finals before her wrestling career started but whatever. Jessie killed it and I was super impressed with Megan and Barclay. 

The team competition was fun, too. It was cool to see some other ninjas involved this year like Jamie Rahn and JJ Woods. I was actually kind of bummed for Team Matt, they did so well and I loved that Jesse Labreck went last and killed it. 

I was surprised to see no Joe Moravsky. 

• Love 1

Definitely an all-star episode!  So much fun on  all the challenges.  I would love to see how Team Alex does -- maybe one year they could have FOUR teams!  (I like Alex a lot more than Kristine as a host, too.)

• Love 1

I keep expecting JJ to make “The Leap.” I’m not saying Kristine got lucky, but he had the team with two guys connected in JJ and Flip. Akbar went big/little with Jon & Tyler. I don’t think that was wise.

I imagine Mike and the others thinking, “Wait, we could have skipped rungs?!?” But yeah, Sean killed it.

Jamie got WWWA’ed. Queston: wouldn’t “Captain Ninja” be a better nickname? Not like he’s got a visible peacock tattoo. I know, he’s got a lot of ink.

I thought this was a great show. I like the teams idea and wish there could be more team competitions. Team Kristine won again, which was cool for me since she had my favorites on her team. But still, all were fun and great to watch.

The individual competitions showed some amazing skills. I can't remember details now, it's been a while since I watched. But yeah, that wingnut challenge ... holy cow. It's like some ninjas can literally fly.

• Love 3