Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: After The Decisions

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

It is was actually Jon's behavior that led me to believe he has a side we didn't see on the show. And his continued actions since then have supported my opinion. The guy put a letter  to his fans about his experience on this show on his LinkedIn page. That is just massively unprofessional and I can't imagine that any HR professional would think that was a good idea. 

He didn't update his profile, but he says he got a job so perhaps it didn't affect him.  I'm convinced that young people today see being open about themselves online very differently than my generation.  Employers today are willing to overlook some of that stuff.  They do it because younger employees are that valuable to them.

I think this quote of his nutshells it.  It basically echoes what I've been saying about him.  Look past the surface stuff to the real person.  It's about what they would do, not what they said out of context, or how they can be perceived on the surface.

I’ve given you a look at my perspective, how it developed, and how it’s changed. Going forward in life, I can promise you that accepting people for who they are and how they treat you, will show you their true selves beyond basic descriptive information. I view descriptions as data points that don’t tell me if you’re a good person or not. Remember, I’m still that same arrogant and sarcastic guy that initially turned people off. Hopefully though, you can still accept that and know the person underneath is willing to come pick you up in the middle of the night because you’ve had a few too many. Consider it like this: rate people on their reliability, not their religion. 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

He didn't update his profile, but he says he got a job so perhaps it didn't affect him.  I'm convinced that young people today see being open about themselves online very differently than my generation.  Employers today are willing to overlook some of that stuff.  They do it because younger employees are that valuable to them.

I think this quote of his nutshells it.  It basically echoes what I've been saying about him.  Look past the surface stuff to the real person.  It's about what they would do, not what they said out of context, or how they can be perceived on the surface.

I really don't buy that.  There is a reason why so many employers try to check prospective employees social media along with traditional background checks. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

I really don't buy that.  There is a reason why so many employers try to check prospective employees social media along with traditional background checks. 

Well I would assume he told prospective employers what he had done (the show) so they wouldn't be surprised to see that letter on his SM.  And I don't think that letter makes him look bad at all.

• Love 9

I think it all comes down to whether or not you like Jon or Molly.  If you don't care for Jon, everything he does is going to be suspect.  I personally liked Molly in the beginning but as time went on and I watched her interactions and comments, I liked her less and less and found myself giving her the side-eye more often than not.  I liked Jon from the beginning and I haven't waivered on that.  Because of that, maybe I give him more leeway than someone who doesn't care for him does. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On May 4, 2018 at 5:51 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

Haha,  Humble Opinion! I'll  add:

"That baby's a stranger!"

Now, as a dame whose ring size is 8, I'm here to tell you that Jon was absolutely ribbing Ryan to suggest his bride-to-be was fat! ?

Gem 10, Did Jackie really do as you said? Spoiler? Or won't there be a future TV reunion? I mean,  I DO realize the overall meaninglessness....? 

YES !     I read it somewhere.  She went back to Arizona and got a job there. 

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1
On 5/2/2018 at 5:34 AM, OnTime said:
On 5/1/2018 at 9:30 PM, Northerner said:

he reunion was filmed 3 weeks after decision day.   It was filmed on Nov 20.   So the season hadn't aired yet

So that is why they never asked, "Are you still together"?

I thought this show to be six months later. That is what they have done in the past.

Is there another show for six months?

I could have SWORN the caption on the lower part of the screen said something like ONE WEEK AFTER DECISION DAY -- did I dream that?

On 5/3/2018 at 10:37 PM, aphroditewitch said:

And you can believe that. But I've seen reality shows pull far too much crap to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not all arguments or petty statements come with receipts and even receipts can be misleading. The producers are the same people who thought it was acceptable to cast a man with a history of domestic violence back in season 3. 

I don't trust Jon or Molly. But Jon in particular raises too many red flags for me. 

Hi Molly (or Molly's sister)! ;)

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/4/2018 at 9:18 PM, Yeah No said:

I agree with you.  I stick to my theory that Molly was just trying to take the attention off of her bad behavior by insinuating that Jon's was somehow worse but hidden.  

Ah, yes -- "whataboutism" -- also practiced quite frequently these days in the political realm.

Edited by ChiMama
On 5/2/2018 at 9:05 PM, crazychicken said:

I do not remember him making another crude joke to her so what was an issue for Molly was addressed quite early into the honeymoon but even Jon being aware of the issue and changing his behavior did not help. I could understand Molly continuing to withdraw if Jon had done a Ryan and said 'this is me and I am not changing' but he didn't.

My heart went out to Jon. As well, how does any man respond (with confidence) to a woman who point blank tells you that she does not find you "physically attractive... but that can change..."?

• Love 3
On 5/1/2018 at 7:38 PM, LilaFowler said:

I think she dumped him within an hour of filming the final decision.

Ryan and Jackie probably agreed not to publicly embarrass each other by requesting a divorce, but I think all of us knew Ryan was not 'husband material'. We knew something was amiss.

• Love 2
On 5/4/2018 at 5:20 AM, aphroditewitch said:

Then your understanding of the response to abusive behavior is inaccurate...Consider Ryan and Jacklyn. His behavior was at minimum emotional abuse, yet Jackie doesn't seem to have used that term to describe how he treated her...

I get what you are saying BUT you are forgetting that we in the audience called out Ryan on his nonsense. We call out everyone when we see things not be handled appropriately. But you can't get annoyed with us because we aren't buying into your "Jon as a potential abuser" monologue. We call out people when we see things.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I get what you are saying BUT you are forgetting that we in the audience called out Ryan on his nonsense. We call out everyone when we see things not be handled appropriately. But you can't get annoyed with us because we aren't buying into your "Jon as a potential abuser" monologue. We call out people when we see things.

You completely missed my point. I was referring to what Jackie herself said about Ryan not what outsiders said. You don't have to agree with me. Reality is that the show has a history of protecting abusive men. You can like Jon, but remember a lot of people liked David too. And we know how that went. It turned out that David had a history of domestic violence that included pushing his ex in front of the police officer. The show didn't care and cast him and then doubled down after it was revealed to cast him again on Second Chances. Yet to this day I see people defending David because misogyny is a hell of a drug. 

Does any of that mean Molly is a good person, no it doesn't. Like I said previously, she never should have been cast. Which the experts already knew when they cast her. Dr. Pepper even said in the last Unfiltered that Molly was not an open person and had a tendency to not reveal her feelings. Something that they should have known during casting interviews but they cast her anyway because they thought it would make good tv. 

You can also think that a man being entitled about sex and berating a woman for not sleeping with him is acceptable behavior. However it isn't and it is an abusive behavior. 

• Love 4