Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Nancy Wood

Have we ever seen Jackie act so reckless before?

Also, we didn't see Slippers this week, I am so worried about that damn dog. No way she's making it out of the season alive.

I saw it On Demand this morning.. They put them up a week early! WHOOOP! Just..  :(

They've been putting the episodes up on demand a week early all season (same with Californication). They used to do it with The Borgias too!

I'm so glad there's a thread for this, I've been watching them early all season too, I can't help myself on Monday mornings!

I enjoyed this episode because they had her sponsor calling her out on her ridiculous lies--an "old" stash? Please.

Interesting we didn't get to see that scene with Frank because if he, a COP who hears all manner of bullshit about drugs from people on a regular basis (It's not mine! These aren't my pants!), actually believed that shit, then I'm gonna have to go along with Antoinette and say he has got to go. C'mon, Frank.

It's also telling that literally no one Jackie works with except Dr. Roman has thought maybe Jackie is the one who stole the DEA number. These people are medical professionals (drink!), do they not know the massive rates of relapse among drug addicts? Does Jackie not have to submit to random drug testing, considering she's only a year out of rehab? I know there's not much realistic about All Saints as a work place, but again. C'mon.

• Love 6

Tooch, what would be fantastic is if some new character swept into the show and called Akalitus and Co out on all of that, because, yeah.

Cool to see a sponsor on a show actually acting like a sponsor-- I felt burnt by the non-sponsors in "Dexter" and  the film "Sherrybaby."

On rewatch, I realized Dr. Roman doesn't actually suspect. When she asked the pharmacist "blink if she's blonde" I thought she was referring to Jackie, but then she continued with the "brunette, redhead" stuff and I realized she's just trying to get a description.

But I found it weird the pharmacy couldn't help--hijacking a DEA number to steal prescriptions seems like it would be a felony? Wouldn't the cops be involved? Wouldn't they be able to look at security camera footage to get a look at the suspect?

• Love 2

Yes, but if Jackie gets caught and is unmasked as 'Nancy Wood' wouldn't that mean that not only would she be fired but possibly do jail/prison time and lose her nursing license (I'm guessing here on the last point, I really don' know)?

I've always loved Julie White and thought she was maybe the best part of 'Grace Under Fire'. Well, she and Brett Butler had wonderful chemistry as best friends. I really don't want her character to be just dumped from the show as I think she's been a fantastic addition.

It does look like they are heading down a dark alley with the Grace character and I agree it was quite heavy handed the way they ended up having her take one of Jackie's dolls (Jacqueline Susann freak here, so I've always called them 'dolls').

I was checking the Wiki episode page and it looks like we have 12 episodes this season which is great!

• Love 1

Yes, but if Jackie gets caught and is unmasked as 'Nancy Wood' wouldn't that mean that not only would she be fired but possibly do jail/prison time and lose her nursing license (I'm guessing here on the last point, I really don' know)?

.. or she can have a really, really close call at getting caught and it shakes  her up enough to get back in program.

• Love 1

It's hard to know who to hate more these days, Jackie or Grace. I do find it amusing that Grace is doing this under the eye of Super Dad Kev, who is so busy with his own life that he doesn't know where his daughter is. At least Jackie doesn't even pretend to parent.

I typically can cheer for the anti-hero til the very end...Tony Soprano, Walter White, Dexter. But I can't wait to see Jackie crumble. I always thought that, for all of her addiction issues, she was pretty smart and ethical (you know, other than the drug thing). Now that's she at the bottom of the barrel, I don't care what happens....I just hope it's spectacular.

• Love 2

If they discovered Carrie's number had been used today but Jackie hadn't called in a prescription since, say, last week, then I would find it more believable that the pharmacy wouldn't have surveillance footage (a lot of places only keep the footage for 24 hours or some other limite amount of time). But she just went in THIS MORNING. There's no way that drugstore doesn't have cameras! And there's no way they wouldn't still have this morning's footage!

Part of me wants to feel sorry for Grace because she's been through a lot in the last few years with her parents' divorce, Kevin's new girlfriend, and now the wedding and the baby, plus she's a teenager so I expect sullen moodiness and some rebellion. But I want to smack the smug right off her face 99% of the time that she's on my screen. Sorry, little girl, but you are not entitled to a $600 dress for your dad's wedding. To have the nerve to say that one day she will have her own money so she can buy whatever she wants, ugh. Yeah, it's called working for your money. Both of your parents do it and you do not so STFU. And then after stomping off because she can't have the dress she wants, she had the audacity to tell Jackie she didn't want it anymore? Brat city.

I'm sad that Prentiss is leaving because I feel like Zoe has been very happy with him, and she has shown growth if she knows that he's not happy in the ER and re-enlisting will be good for him. She loves him and she will miss him but she didn't stoop to whining or begging becuse she knows that staying will make him miserable. That was really mature of her and I think some of that maturity came about because of him. I don't actually like Prentiss as a character because he's had very little to do besides be a grump lately, but I'm sad for Zoe. Not only is he leaving but she has no idea if he will come back alive. Even if he does, there's no telling what he will be like if he comes back. He could be injured, he could have PTSD, or he could be fine but have the same problem he has now (feeling like he's not making a difference).

• Love 3