Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: First Blood

• Start Topic

I thought the Cash Cab guy was a bad host. And that the captains doing their own hosting was weak. But sheesh... this guy is like the Chris Farley character who interviewed Paul McCartney by gushing "Remember when you were in the Beatles? That was awesome! "  Did he win a fan contest or something?

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, kassa said:

I thought the Cash Cab guy was a bad host. And that the captains doing their own hosting was weak. But sheesh... this guy is like the Chris Farley character who interviewed Paul McCartney by gushing "Remember when you were in the Beatles? That was awesome! "  Did he win a fan contest or something?

I really miss Mike Rowe.  :-(

Did anyone else catch a look at the hot babe Wild Bill was sitting next to when the other guys were trying to get into their survival suits?  Wow!

Once again, Jake A whines & moans and has paranoid fantasies; right up until he starts pulling great pots.

• Love 1

So at the end of "The Bait," Sig lost a contest and had to jump into Puget Sound (45 degrees) in his emergency flotation suit.  All the other captains - except one - ran down to the side of the pier to help Sig get out of the water.  The one remaining captain stayed next to the emcee.  Then the emcee went down to the group to close the show.  Then the other captain went down.

Yep, that confirms everything I've heard about Josh Harris.  He ain't there to be a captain.  He's there to be on television.

• Love 9

I found it interesting about the time frame Josh was off the CM.  The same time frame that the DC cams were off too.  I was able to watch the show last night because of no Josh.

Found it interesting about the interactions between Jake and Sig and then Jake and Keith.  I have always had the impression that Sig & Jake really do like each other.  Maybe Sig was using "tough love" on Jake and trying to kick him out of the nest so he could become a better Capt.

Really, where did they get the new host?  Bring back Mike Rowe as the host of the Bait!

• Love 3

I like Casey. During The Bait he seemed very concerned if Sig was ok jumping in the water. He was fixing Sig's suit before he jumped in, then he jumped in the water to help Sig get out.

I would like the Cornelia Marie to be on the show if Casey captained it by himself. Actually that is the reality of the situation. Why does the show insist on pretending that Josh has anything to do with the boat unless it's being filmed. It's a shame to make a boat that would be interesting to watch intolerable by including Josh.

• Love 7
On 4/17/2018 at 10:17 PM, AZChristian said:

So at the end of "The Bait," Sig lost a contest and had to jump into Puget Sound (45 degrees) in his emergency flotation suit.  All the other captains - except one - ran down to the side of the pier to help Sig get out of the water.  The one remaining captain stayed next to the emcee.  Then the emcee went down to the group to close the show.  Then the other captain went down.

Yep, that confirms everything I've heard about Josh Harris.  He ain't there to be a captain.  He's there to be on television.

Right? Why was I not surprised to see it was Josh the douchecanoe that was left standing. Ugh.  

And Josh, Mr "I was born, bred and corn fed" to do this, is an intolerable asshole. I loved Phil to death, but his son is an asshole of epic proportions. 

• Love 6

This was one of the better eps I've seen.

I was gobsmacked that Jake was so stupid to callback the coordinates when Keith went to all that trouble to handoff the code sheet.  Duh, Lonesome - it was all scripted!  It was still a fun moment.

I looked carefully at Jake's pots after the 36-hour soak.  We didn't see but a few juvys (small crab).  Where did they all go?!!!!!   More Disco shenanigans.  

Sig giving up his honey hole?  Really?  The only way that happens is if the others had already dropped their lines adjacent to Sig's.  Total nonsense.  But, interesting nonsense.

Given the massive variance in the sea temps, was Bill actually that stupid to go back to the same spot as last year's score?   That's a Jake move.  Bill has been there long enough to know where to go based on analog (similar) years from the past - which is what Keith and Sig did.

The trumped-up quota animus between Bill and Sean was such a joke.  Another joke?  The Wizard had only 80K quota?  Wow.    Jake said a pot of 80 red crab would gross $10K.  $125/crab from the cannery????!!!!!  Sign me up.

I must give Disco credit for the animated severing of the thumb. 

• Love 1