Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Eleventh Hour

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, of course I know what you say.  Why then was Jepthe shushing Shawnice saying "shush, don't say that, I teach little kids" ?  I don't know exactly what grade he teaches, but I do know that elementary kids do see shows that are sometimes inappropriate.  I've been in the school system many years and hear what they watch.

I know kids are watching things they have no business watching. It is on the parents. Jephte’s probably concerned about the parents’ opinions. I would be.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

I know kids are watching things they have no business watching. It is on the parents. Jephte’s probably concerned about the parents’ opinions. I would be.

Parents and administrators, I'm guessing, and rightfully so. I would be too. Faced with the choice Jon had (job or show), I'd pick job.

My predictions: really, the only surprise will be Jackie and Ryan. We know Jon and Molly are done; I don't even think they should bother with having them announce their decision. I guess the surprise will be what they say, if either of them tells off the other. Jon should let her have it (or actually, maybe just saying he has nothing to say to her would sting her even more - negative attention is still attention, after all) but I don't think he will. Jephte and Shawniece will stay together.

I'm honestly not sure what Jackie and Ryan will do. If I were Jackie, I'd bounce - I'd be like, "Listen, it's been one thing after the other with you in just 8 weeks. You refuse to make room for me and three days ago you said you were having doubts. I'm out." But she seems emotionally invested in him and I think after losing her late boyfriend, she really wants that companionship so I could see her staying.

• Love 3
On 4/23/2018 at 1:18 PM, topanga said:

I stopped watching the show a few episodes ago. I get all of the pertinent information from you all in the forum and from listening to the Bride and Doom podcast. And you guys are way more entertaining than the couples themselves. 

I had been primarily following the show via posts here as well. I have gone back to watch previous episodes. It is eye-opening 1. to see some of these moments on the screen (like Jephte's and Jon's facial reactions to Ryan's blathering) and 2. to see some of the earlier episodes in light of what was seen from the later episodes. I wanted to yell at the screen at what Ryan was saying during the wedding episodes because his later behavior indicated he's full of it!

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Parents and administrators, I'm guessing, and rightfully so. I would be too. Faced with the choice Jon had (job or show), I'd pick job.

My predictions: really, the only surprise will be Jackie and Ryan. We know Jon and Molly are done; I don't even think they should bother with having them announce their decision. I guess the surprise will be what they say, if either of them tells off the other. Jon should let her have it (or actually, maybe just saying he has nothing to say to her would sting her even more - negative attention is still attention, after all) but I don't think he will. Jephte and Shawniece will stay together.

I'm honestly not sure what Jackie and Ryan will do. If I were Jackie, I'd bounce - I'd be like, "Listen, it's been one thing after the other with you in just 8 weeks. You refuse to make room for me and three days ago you said you were having doubts. I'm out." But she seems emotionally invested in him and I think after losing her late boyfriend, she really wants that companionship so I could see her staying.

Jephte teaches 2nd grade, so yes, some of the stuff on the show could be very inappropriate for them. And I bet he's concerned about what their parents & the school administration will think. Especially since I bet a lot of those kids will find a way to watch their teacher on TV!

I usually *do* watch the show as it airs, but I'm not sure I want to tonight. I mean, a 2-hour "finale" episode? That means they're gonna drag everything out as much as possible. And if I watch it later, I can fast-forward through those inevitable commercials in the middle of sentences when they finally say what their decision is. 

I wonder how many people commenting here will actually be watching as it airs?!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 2

Not me I have to wait since I am in Australia I count on Tara & Brian to bring the snark then read the forums before I finally see it. I will have to wait extra today as well as it is Anzac Day so lots going on and it is a long day with an early start for Dawn Service so may be in bed by dinner.

• Love 2