Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Inevitable

tessaray

Harvey is forced into a difficult decision when the impossible is asked of him. Mike and Rachel try to make time to discuss their future. Louis struggles with the rules of his relationship.

I had to stop watch half way through.  Louis and his assistant are ridiculous.  I get she's supposed to be the "sassy black lady", but wow, everything she was saying to explain Louis' relationship was completely inappropriate.  He's a partner in a damn law firm.....its all just too much, oh and Donna as the COO was never more ridiculous as it was tonight.  

At the rate they're going - I won't be shocked to hear Markel say "I'm marrying my Prince Charming"  I can't even think of her character's name, that's how checked out I am on this show.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
to add to my rant...
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I had to stop watch half way through.  Louis and his assistant are ridiculous.  I get she's supposed to be the "sassy black lady", but wow, everything she was saying to explain Louis' relationship was completely inappropriate.  He's a partner in a damn law firm.....its all just too much, oh and Donna as the COO was never more ridiculous as it was tonight.  

At the rate they're going - I won't be shocked to hear Markel say "I'm marrying my Prince Charming"  I can't even think of her character's name, that's how checked out I am on this show.  

Yeah I hear you. I've been checked out of this show since season five or so. It was sometime around when Mike turned into a whiny toolbag over Rachel's ex boyfriend's surprise kissing her or something. This show was so much better when Mike was selling weed and they were coming up with clever solutions to legal problems.

Anyway, I still watch by proxy because my husband watches. I could go along with maybe one colorful metaphor from the assistant for comedy value, or for hammering a point, but it's like she googled different phrases so that she could say something different every single time. Really this whole story with Louis and the ex is idiotic. I get that a lot of these people have messed up personal lives, but they've kind of made him the butt monkey of the show in just about every way. They're showing him as someone who never learns, and I'm just not buying into it.

I wish Donna would have gone to work someplace else and let us follow her being a huge success there, instead of this COO nonsense. It would have been a lot more believable and it would have made Harvey appreciate her. Wait-- did she do that at one point? She's like Harvey's pet hamster who's really good at organizing papers. If she gets out of her cage like she did here he just leaves his office and puts her back in, just like he did this episode. I am so tired of watching that dance. Plus he's always doing stuff that undermines her dignity, and she lets him get away with it.

The way it was done with the therapist girlfriend was kind of a turn-off too. This is an educated woman who should have been able to know how to deal with her feelings better than that. And if she couldn't, she should have broken it off, not do what she did.

So yeah I would turn it off if hubby wasn't watching.

• Love 3

Let's see.....we have Donna becoming even more unsufferable ( if that's possible).....we have a clinical psychologist with the emotional maturity of a 15 year old ( I'll stomp my feet and hold my breath until I get my way....wah! ) who clearly is proposing a step in a relationship that is so toxic it's beyond words (demanding getting rid of someone who clearly plays a pivotal role in Harvey's life simply because she's too emotionally immature to deal with it)......and.....need I say anything more about the Louis fiasco ?????

What the heck happened to this show?????!!!!!!

• Love 5

I tuned in and the Louis sex game was too much for me.  Luckily I didn't stay around to see the rest of what has been described, but I checked out two  few seasons back with all the Hardman mess, and it only two two seasons,or before for Mike to get on my nerves.   I didn't like Harvey from the start.   Jessica's clothing used to be a big draw, but I don't even have that now. 

I remember when everyone thought the Rachel character was the worse thing on the show....I wish we could go back to those days.  Now every character is insufferable and the plots/stories get more unrealistic by the episodes. 

As someone said....what happened to this show??!!! 

• Love 2
On 4/12/2018 at 1:26 PM, bioprof said:

What the heck happened to this show?????!!!!!!

Shits and god damns replaced good writing and character development.  Remember how people hated Louis in season 1, and he was the villain?  The writers responded to that by fleshing out his character, letting us get to see more of why Louis is Louis, they added him and Rachel being friends, they showed he was a great mentor to the associates, and they completely turned him around, they got us to sympathize with him, and he became the top reason to watch this show.

There was backlash against Rachel in season 1, since it seemed like her character was just gorgeous love interest for Mike.  They fleshed out her character, they showed us she was on the path to becoming a lawyer, they showed us she had the makings of a good lawyer, they had her and Louis become friends (one of the smartest things this show has done), they had her and Mike's interactions grow beyond just being love interests, and they turned her into a good character.

The great work they did with Rachel and Louis, is just a remnant of the past.  They've just turned everybody beyond self-righteous, except for possibly Rachel and Louis, and shits and god damns have taken over developing the characters.  Hell, Rachel and Louis are pretty much the only reasons I've stuck with the show.  It's no fault of the actors, it's the freaking writing that has taken a talented cast, and made it not good.  They've still got it in them to do good, they gave us Lipschitz.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, iheartET said:

I am SO upset that they made Harvey break up with Paula for Donna! Just because Harvey knew Donna for a long time and they are friends does not mean they have to be together. I feel like it is a forced relationship. I really liked Harvey and Paula.

I don't know if Paula is the right one, but Donna certainly is not.  I also feel like it is a forced relationship because of feedback from fans. 

• Love 1
On ‎17‎.‎4‎.‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Jediknight said:

Shits and god damns replaced good writing and character development.  Remember how people hated Louis in season 1, and he was the villain?  The writers responded to that by fleshing out his character, letting us get to see more of why Louis is Louis, they added him and Rachel being friends, they showed he was a great mentor to the associates, and they completely turned him around, they got us to sympathize with him, and he became the top reason to watch this show.

There was backlash against Rachel in season 1, since it seemed like her character was just gorgeous love interest for Mike.  They fleshed out her character, they showed us she was on the path to becoming a lawyer, they showed us she had the makings of a good lawyer, they had her and Louis become friends (one of the smartest things this show has done), they had her and Mike's interactions grow beyond just being love interests, and they turned her into a good character.

The great work they did with Rachel and Louis, is just a remnant of the past.  They've just turned everybody beyond self-righteous, except for possibly Rachel and Louis, and shits and god damns have taken over developing the characters.  Hell, Rachel and Louis are pretty much the only reasons I've stuck with the show.  It's no fault of the actors, it's the freaking writing that has taken a talented cast, and made it not good.  They've still got it in them to do good, they gave us Lipschitz.

I agree with what you say about Louis, alhough the writers unfortunately have also later had a tendency to make him now and then far too ridiculous (especially in the cat episode).

As for Rachel, I don't think she has ever been a good character. If she had, the writers would have let her to go to Berkeley, if not dop Mike until he had become worthy of her. 

I don't think that it's a coincidence that fanfiction writers have almost no interest about the relationship between Mike and Rachel and concentrate on love and sex between Mike and Harvey.    

My understanding is that fan fiction writers generally focus on couples that are not the show's official pairings. Haven't looked at Suits fanfic specifically, but I would expect that there would be way more Mike/Harvey (and Jessica/Harvey, Louis/Harvey, Mike/Katrina, Rachel/Jessica, Rachel/Donna etc) than there would be for established couples like Mike/Rachel or Harvey/Scottie, Harvey/boringtherapistgirlfriend or what not.

On ‎12‎.‎4‎.‎2018 at 6:59 PM, LordOfLotion said:

I wish Donna would have gone to work someplace else and let us follow her being a huge success there, instead of this COO nonsense. It would have been a lot more believable and it would have made Harvey appreciate her. Wait-- did she do that at one point? She's like Harvey's pet hamster who's really good at organizing papers. If she gets out of her cage like she did here he just leaves his office and puts her back in, just like he did this episode. I am so tired of watching that dance. Plus he's always doing stuff that undermines her dignity, and she lets him get away with it.

The way it was done with the therapist girlfriend was kind of a turn-off too. This is an educated woman who should have been able to know how to deal with her feelings better than that. And if she couldn't, she should have broken it off, not do what she did.

On ‎12‎.‎4‎.‎2018 at 9:26 PM, bioprof said:

Let's see.....we have Donna becoming even more unsufferable ( if that's possible).....we have a clinical psychologist with the emotional maturity of a 15 year old ( I'll stomp my feet and hold my breath until I get my way....wah! ) who clearly is proposing a step in a relationship that is so toxic it's beyond words (demanding getting rid of someone who clearly plays a pivotal role in Harvey's life simply because she's too emotionally immature to deal with it)......and.....need I say anything more about the Louis fiasco ?????

On ‎1‎.‎6‎.‎2018 at 6:38 AM, iheartET said:

I am SO upset that they made Harvey break up with Paula for Donna! Just because Harvey knew Donna for a long time and they are friends does not mean they have to be together. I feel like it is a forced relationship. I really liked Harvey and Paula.

Paula was right that "there are three people in this relationship" but making Harvey to choose between her and Donna was sure to fail. 

As for Donna, she could leave her job but not Harvey. And the result is that neither can have a successful relationship with others. 

Wait, did I miss something, or did the firm actually "lose" this time?  I mean in the sense Baxter got to do what he wanted to do in the beginning, sell the company, and now at a premium over the Chinese offer because of him being vindictive against them?

Too bad they couldn't figure out the equity method earlier and save Teddy and the workers some money.