Type keyword(s) to search

PODCAST S02.E17 Go Pirates!: Dancing Up A Storm

• Start Topic

I know you said that you had new audio equipment so I just wanted to give a little feedback Get it? Feedback. #SorryNotSorry

Sarah came through loud and clear but occasionally John would fade out. Also the graduation music at the end began to drawn you both out. (Former radio production person here.) Not trying to overstep or complain. Also I missed you guys last week. I hadn't realized how much I like ending my workweek with a visit to Neptune.

• Love 2

Was that a real question about FBLA? Future Business Leaders of America. At my high school it was harmless but didn't really serve any purpose beyond letting parents feel like their kids were "on the right track."

• Love 1

I like this episode, this is the episode that really starts to lead into the end of the season.  I think all the rest of the episodes going forward deal with bus crash and head towards the final. 

I also really like Logan and Veronica and this is the episode where we start to see them drifting back to each other.  They have several cute scenes in this episode.   That dance scene makes me smile.  

I think that Veronica and Logan are working at the dance because of the FBLA.    At my school there was never any Sadie Hawkins either.  Unless it was a formal nobody ever asked anyone to a dance.  Everyone just went in groups. 

That Woody/Logan scene is so creepy.  Makes me want to vomit. Steve G is really good in this role.  

Honorable mention to Logan stealing Sheriff Lamb's parking spot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think I’m about the same age as the VM writers. I graduated high school in 1988, and our school had a Sadie Hawkins dance each year. No drama though. No idea if they were still happening when VM was on because I don’t have children.

My high school also had a Sadie Hawkins dance each year. I graduated in 1997. But it was more like any other dance, not a formal. I seem to remember couples dressing alike for it? (Which, in retrospect, is both cheesy and a bit creepy.) The Sadie Hawkins dance was also always held in fall, closer to Sadie Hawkins Day - never in spring, partnered with a “spring fling” dance like on VM.

Our Sadie Hawkins style dance was around Valentine's Day and called Turnabout. There was never any big drama to my knowledge, but I don't think there was any drama around any other dances as well, certainly not to the level of tv shows.

1993 graduate here, my school didn't have Sadie Hawkins dances. I'm in St. Louis, so maybe it's a coastal thing? I don't remember hearing that any of the other schools in the area had it either.

This episode does up the creep factor of Woody (ugh). Steve Gutenberg is excellent in this role.

• Love 1

2005 grad here, we did have FBLA (the only character who was realistically in that club was Duncan, otherwise that club was for preppy, rich nerds who wore oxford shirts and khakis regularly) but did not have Sadie Hawkins dances. We had a lot of dances in Junior High, but by high school, I feel like it was whittled down to proms and end of year formals.

I agree with all the criticisms of this episode, but Plan B is probably one of my favorites of the series. You're right, not much happens in this episode, but it feels like all the characters are getting into place for the finale. Also, it's such a quotable episode, my favorite being "He had a bumper sticker that read 'How's my driving? Call 1-800-EAT'... something." I don't know, it was just a lot of disjointed fun.

And yeah, all the Logan/Veronica in the back half of the season is pointless to the plot and 100% fan pandering, but I'm totally cool with it. "Sway" was on my iTunes rotation forever.

• Love 2

As a foreigner, I had no idea (until Prof. Google taught me, anyway) who Sadie Hawkins was (the only other time I'd heard of it was on Buffy). Is it really such social death for a girl to ask out a guy normally (also, I'm as old as Sarah and MUCH more out of touch!)?

Wallace/Jane I really had no recollection of, but it DID seem very true to the sort of shenanigans that people get up to in High School. (Well, I went to an all boys school, so not really at my school, but it seemed realistic teenage-y behaviour).

Aww, Mac. My heart bleeds (well, it would, if she was real).

Spoiler

Given what we later discover with Beaver's "Evil Masterplan", was "talking to Veronica" the dealbreaker for Evil! reasons rather than personal ones?

Weevil's "No I loved him!" would make more sense if they (Weevil/Felix) were a secret couple, which I don't think was meant to be implied. And it should have come up WAY earlier.

• Love 1