Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 24 from October 6, 2016. 

The discussion link:

"Conned by a Contractor."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "A verbal agreement falls through as a roofer fails to finish his job, according to a plaintiff who claims to have been driven to hire another company to complete the work."

Case Titles: 1) Running Out On A Roof; 2) Burning Up A Baker; 3) Making A DJ Roar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
17 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Running Out On A Roof

I got to watch this after the rest of the week being pre-empted by baseball.

This showcases one of the many things I've learned by watching this show: Do not hire some slimy hustler you met at a gas station (or bus station or in line at the grocery store) to do major work on your home.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 25 from October 7, 2016. 

The discussion link:

"Roof Rampage."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "The plaintiff hired the defendant to replace her roof and is claiming that he took off with her money before finishing the job. The defendant, on the other hand, alleges that she made it impossible for him to do his job."

Case Titles: 1) Running Off On A Roof; 2) Breaking A Guy's Heart; 3) Do You Have Sticky Fingers?

• Thanks 3
On 10/4/2023 at 3:13 PM, rcc said:

The bad landlording case had a pissed off plaintiff who told Douglas in the hall, "I will never watch this show again." lol

And that folks is the reason for the demise of TPC. 

Gone one week and you’ve kept me apprised of the contestants.  True friends all. 

MONDAY'S EPISODE:

Please be advised that Monday episodes, for some reason, do not seem to follow the previous aired episode and to be the immediate predecessor to the next episode to be shown and/or the Monday listings are not always accurate. 

If the listing holds true, today's episode is Season 20, Episode 48 from November 16, 2016.

The discussion link:

"Mechanic Mayhem."

Case Titles: 1) Motorcycle Mayhem; 2 Becoming Unhinged; 3 Monkey Business.

TUESDAY'S EPISODE:

Tomorrow, baseball will be aired on my Fox People's Court affiliate, so I have no listing available to me and won't be watching. 

For those able to watch, if the episode to be aired is the one two episodes after Friday's aired episode and the one preceding Wednesday's listed episode, then it will be Season 20, Episode 27 from October 11, 2016.

Here is the discussion link:

Hit-and-Run Hysteria

Case Titles: 1) Hitting & Running; 2) Backing Out; 3) Bugging Out.

Disclaimer: Any and/or all of the above might be wrong.  If what you are watching does not seem to match the above and SRTouch's great recaps, then please ignore.  Just know, I did my best.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Thanks 2

The listing scheduled for Monday was wrong by an episode.  Sorry.

What was actually aired: Season 20, Episode 47 from November 15, 2016. 

The discussion link is:

"TV Installation Anger."

Case titles: Not Bolting It In - Cracking Up (In which the Judge takes a dive! But she's okay.) - Ripping Off A Roomer.

Note, Judge Milan took a tumble when she gets off the bench during case number 2.

Maybe what I posted above for Tuesday will be right.

• Thanks 2

My listing shows that Season 20, Episode 28 from October 12, 2016 is supposed to air today.  If that is true, here is the forum discussion link:

"Exes Battle It Out in Court."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Two exes battle it out for owed money between them. Erin is suing Christopher for repairs while he is countersuing her for destroying his property."

Case titles: 1) Motoring Away From A Debt; 2) Scamming A Seamstress; 3) Being All Wet.

DISCLAIMER:

If none of this sounds like what you are watching, I will post a disclaimer...

Your mission episode, Dan/Jim forum reader, should you decide to accept watch it, is described above.  As always, should you or any of your IM Force fellow The People's Court watchers be caught or killed find themselves watching a different episode, the Secretary this poster will disavow any knowledge of your actions this post.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It looks like it's really "Exes Battle it out in Court". The man who puts dead in deadbeat father, boyfriend, and every other way.     

Yes, that's the one I got, along with the Scamming Seamtress. I'm so confused. No wonder I didn't watch the 3rd case - there wasn't one. Duh.

The two utter idiots, ex-boyfriend/girlfriend think it's fun to play husband and wife, have a kid, buy a house, but not get married, and expect JM to rule on equitable distribution. Dumbbell def meathead didn't seem to understand that if everything is in his girlfriend's name - he needed to stay under the radar for no particular reason - he gets nothing.  That poor child, with two morons for parents.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

No wonder I didn't watch the 3rd case - there wasn't one. Duh.

Yes, there was a boring contract/warranty for a water pump case against the contractor waterproofing a basement.  Whole case was about the semantics of the contract/warranty.  Don't worry, you missed nothing worth seeing.

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 29 from October 13, 2016.  Discussion link:

"Busted Bike Debacle."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Michael is suing Dominic for not repairing their machine. Michael claims he does a shifty job, while Dominic expresses that he had been bugged constantly to work on it for free."

Case titles: 1) Not Fixing It Right; 2) Rotten Renting; 3) Switching Channels.

• Thanks 3
14 hours ago, Bazinga said:

"Michael is suing Dominic for not repairing their machine.

Stupid, dull-eyed Palooka P thought Def was desperate to steal the old thing. I'm sure Def crept over there at 3:00 a.m., hotwired the old ATV, went for a fun joyride then ditched it, all because he has nothing better to occupy his time.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 30 from October 14, 2016.  Discussion link:

"Boiling Mad Over a Bike."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Michael claims a women he was dating had stolen his bike and sold it on Craigslist. Jaclyn claims he instead owes her money, in which he gave her the bike as collateral."

Case titles: 1) Bilking A Guy Outta His Bike; 2) Spillage; 3) Holding On Too Tight.

Nice weekend, everybody.

• Thanks 4
14 hours ago, Bazinga said:

: "Michael claims a women he was dating had stolen his bike and sold it on Craigslist. Jaclyn claims he instead owes her money, in which he gave her the bike as collateral."

Yeah, but "he didn't honour the agreement".

I just hope the dim-bulb Rochelle is happy in FL with her jailbird man, who seems to have more sense than his wife/girlfriend. I wonder if she finally managed to get her "No refunds" case to the Supreme Court.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I wonder if she finally managed to get her "No refunds" case to the Supreme Court.

These ignorant fools say this a lot on these shows. I just wish that one time Doug would look them right in the eye and tell them they signed a contract for binding arbitration and they can't go any damn place to appeal it. If one of these dim bulbs had their head explode, I would laugh, but they are too ignorant and stupid to understand this simple statement.

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, DoctorK said:

These ignorant fools say this a lot on these shows. I just wish that one time Doug would look them right in the eye and tell them they signed a contract for binding arbitration and they can't go any damn place to appeal it. If one of these dim bulbs had their head explode, I would laugh, but they are too ignorant and stupid to understand this simple statement.

Considering that most of them don't understand the meaning of "As is", or think it applies only to others (dependant on "situation", mental state, or their SSMotherhood) I would not count on them grasping "binding arbitration". And don't forget - most of them pooh-pooh the idea of reading anything before they sign it.

I think it may have amused Doug to leave them in the dark and send them stomping/trundling/toddling/raging or waddling down the hall in high dudgeon while wishing them "Good luck with that."

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

My Monday listings, for some reason, are never accurate to what ends up being shown (usually lists the same episode as Tuesday) and today I have baseball airing anyway, so the following might be totally wrong, but I will post this as a 'maybe' in case this is helpful, assuming today's episode follows Friday's and, more importantly, is the one before tomorrow's listed episode. 

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 31 from October 24, 2016??? 

If so, the discussion link:

"Dating Loan Disaster."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Dee had loaned money to her boyfriend, who refuses to pay her back after leaving. Christopher claims he doesn't owe her a cent."

Case titles: 1) Being A Bad Boyfriend; 2) Perturbing His Pastor; 3) Running Away From A Cousin.

I am slapping last week's disclaimer borrowed from the Mission Impossible mission briefing scene onto this post: Your episode, forum reader, should you decide to watch it, is described above.  As always, should you or any of your fellow 'The People's Court' watchers find themselves watching a different episode, this poster will disavow any knowledge of this post.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Running Away From A Cousin.

I think I got that one. I had a power failure so I only saw part of this. I heard about God cousins/God sisters/brothers. JM was confused and requested clarification from the cartoon Def, which was not forthcoming - I don't think? 

Anyway, I also heard Def chattering about someone putting a hand "Between my privates."

Then my power went off again. I was not perturbed in the least.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 32 from October 25, 2016. 

Discussion link: "Car Sale Crisis."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Waunisha claims her car had been in an accident prior to buying it, so she hopes to sue her seller. Richard claims he sold the car to her as is."

Case titles: 1) A Gross Misrepresentation; 2) An Illegal Mole Removal; 3) Give Me Back My Money.

• Thanks 3

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 33 from October 26, 2016. 

Discussion link: "House Cleaning Horror."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Norma claims her hirer has wrongfully accused her of theft, defaming her cleaning business. Kelly claims Norma had not done her job the first time."

Case titles: 1) Making A Big Mess; 2) Carting A Disaster; 3) Leaving Behind A Pigsty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 34 from October 27, 2016. 

Discussion link: "Family Death Turmoil."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Wynoma claims her ex-daughter-in-law owes her money for their retrospective cemetery plots. Shanda had remarried after the passing of her husband, so she claims they're no longer her responsibility."

Case titles: 1) A Grave Situation; 2) Being A Terrible Tenant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 35 from October 28, 2016. 

Discussion link: "Getting Paid to Go on a Date?"

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Robert claims he had been swindled by a con-artist, paying for a woman's companionship who was unknowingly married."

Case titles: 1) Taking Advantage Of A Lonely Heart; 2) Providing Bad Service; 3) Not Paying Enough.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
4 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 35 from October 28, 2016. 

Discussion link: "Getting Paid to Go on a Date?"

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Robert claims he had been swindled by a con-artist, paying for a woman's companionship who was unknowingly married."

Case titles: 1) Taking Advantage Of A Lonely Heart

Goodness, this show is really feeding my heart the trash tv it wants lately 😆 Aside from the first case today, there was also Tony(?) the pirate a few weeks ago, and a witness who kept making jokes about being naked while helping his friend pack his stuff because his apartment needed to be fumigated for bed bugs(?). This is the mindless entertainment I need more of.

Going back to the first case today - if you’re embarrassed about something you did, are going to avoid answering any questions about your lawsuit while yelling at the judge, and think the judge is going to take your word on what is/isn’t relevant to the case, maybe don’t decide to go on a nationally televised court show.  Also, I’m still not sure if the man with the D was her husband or cousin. At different times in the case, I heard both, though trying to get a straight answer out of her was challenging too. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

if you’re embarrassed about something you did, are going to avoid answering any questions about your lawsuit while yelling at the judge, and think the judge is going to take your word on what is/isn’t relevant to the case, maybe don’t decide to go on a nationally televised court show.

I so enjoyed this repeat. At least Robert had the decency to be ashamed of being willing to pay for a date, and especially THIS "date". Although I'm sure this... young lady has great conversational skills and enormous empathy for unfortunate guys like Robert, who just wants people to see him with this enormously hot chick, and someone to cuddle with him in bed while watching old movies.

Poor girl needs a neck brace and a lesson on applying makeup.

"I, like, thought a, like, promissory note was, like a promise to, like... um...like... aren't I just the prettiest, prettiest girl?"

TPC 171602.jpg

• LOL 4

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 36 from October 31, 2016. 

Discussion link: "A Winning Lottery Blowup!"

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Bradella is suing a lottery ticket vendor for withholding her winnings. He had pressured her into tipping him money for selling her the winning tickets."

Case titles: 1) Lousing Up The Lottery; 2) Hurting A Husky; 3) Talking Way Too Much.

Note: Case 2 is a dog attack case.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Thanks 3
19 hours ago, Bazinga said:

"Bradella is suing a lottery ticket vendor for withholding her winnings. He had pressured her into tipping him money for selling her the winning tickets."

I was glad the arrogant thief had all his lottery equipment removed, although that might be a hardship for Bradella (I guess her dad's name was Brad?) who must be living on a trust fund to be able to spend $50/day on lottery tickets.

• Like 3

Today's episode is Season 20, Episode 37 from November 1, 2016. 

Discussion link: "Room Rental Riot."

Google summary of the episode's title case: "Solomon had rented a room out to a divorced man, and claims he had stolen from him.  Boruch was told he didn't have to pay rent, but was suddenly evicted after Solomon's new wife had moved in."

Case titles: 1) Being A Bad Tenant; 2) The Old Switcheroo; 3) Running Out On A Debt.

• Thanks 3

I enjoyed today’s cases because I didn’t remember any of them from before.

First case was sort of funny, the plaintiff was slightly nutty but I did get a kick out of the nerdy defendant who decided to wear his best Star Trek uniform shirt for the case.

The second case started out seeming like the poor little girl plaintiff was scammed by the evil male used car salesman. However, as the case progressed, it was clear that the plaintiff was either totally confused about the time line and her actions or lust a flat out liar. Once the judge unraveled the details, the defendant was actually quite reasonable and behaved appropriately and legally. It was a nice reversal.

Third case had a plaintiff (who honestly looked like an arm breaking loan shark straight from Central Casting) suing the defendant for repayment of a loan. Turns out the defendant is a nut case and a liar, caught in blatant perjury in her statement which was clearly contradicted by her own sworn statement. The hallterview confirmed the defendant’s nuttiness and dishonesty.It was fun to watch JM really yell at the defendant.

As long as they keep showing reruns that I don't remember, this show will stay on my viewing list, perhaps for quite a while.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

I enjoyed today’s cases because I didn’t remember any of them from before.

I never saw them either! Maybe it was a day of snow in January or rain in July so it got pre-empted for dire warnings.

42 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

First case was sort of funny, the plaintiff was slightly nutty

Yet another benevolent, religious "kindness of my heart" tale, until P wants to get paid for the kindness. The teeny little def did pay for all the Verizon bills for the time he was there. He was also a liar who said he never agreed to pay rent, but he did. Subtracting those bills from what P said D owes netted him the sum of $163. He tells Doug in the Hall it was worth it. But yeah, he sounded kinda kooky - meeting some woman who was a judge in the Supreme Court and marrying her after two weeks. Who was the most desperate? This new wife didn't approve of teeny little Def sneaking some woman into his room for some whoopees and ordered her new husband to give him the boot. P admits this marriage may not be all he'd hoped for.

46 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

The second case started out seeming like the poor little girl plaintiff was scammed by the evil male used car salesman.

Maybe she thought her outfit and waist-length glued-on braids would make her look like a little girl who was taken advantage of by the D.  D was hard to take, with his hyperactivity, eye-rolling, and belligerence, but he was right. P was just too much of a slack-jaw to do what she was supposed to do OR she found a car that was cheaper so wants her deposit money back. The thing on her tongue was distracting me. Was that a piercing? Ew.

49 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

Third case had a plaintiff (who honestly looked like an arm breaking loan shark straight from Central Casting)

Yes, he did!😄 That defendant was a truly horrific, nasty hag and one of the worst liars we've ever seen here, IIRC. She never borrowed one cent from P - barely even knows him. Okay, well IF she borrowed from him it was only $40.

Her statement to the cops saying "I owed him money..." she protests was a "typo"!? JM screams that it's hand-written! Okay, then - it was a "misprint". She just dictated the letter and had her stupid witness write it. Maybe she's too illiterate to write it herself. P was going to kill the whole family and even shoot 4-year-old "Cherish" in the head, over $1500!  Wow. That's cold. She had all these foul threats on tape but doesn't have them here. What a surprise. P would have to be a total moron to leave threats like that on tape.

That woman had a face just begging for a really hard punch to wipe that outrageous smirk off of it.

56 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

As long as they keep showing reruns that I don't remember, this show will stay on my viewing list, perhaps for quite a while

Same. I've seen quite a few eps I could swear I hadn't seen, but I had. This time I was sure I hadn't.

Awesome cases.

• Like 2

Case titles: 1) Being Ungrateful; 2) Making A Big Fat Mess; 3) Worming Her Way Out.

Yeah, I didn't mind the 2nd and 3rd since I like contractor disputes and re-enjoyed the pompous, angry old man in the last case. Could not rewatch that repugnant lump in the 1st, the young lady who likes to spread for just anyone, squirt out babies while doing drugs, and dump them on Mom and Dad. Poor kids.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

the young lady who likes to spread for just anyone, squirt out babies while doing drugs

Yeah, I despised her also. I hated her theatrical wiping of non existent tears, and I don't believe she is clean. Her eye rolling and grotesque gesturing looked odd to me and her twitching looked like tweaking to me. JM was way too kind to her.

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

pompous, angry old man

I can do that routine sometimes myself, but not on national TV. I completely understood his argument, but he was just totally wrong and too foolish to understand that.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

JM was way too kind to her.

I'll say. Yeah, maybe her parents did suggest an abortion, but since THEY are the ones who end up with her carelessly spawned babies, they should have a say in how many more she'll decide to drop. The kids' daddy is in jail and their mommy is a kooky druggie who keeps wrecking cars her parents provide for her.

Looking at her made me queasy. Maybe she needs to have another baby.

1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

I can do that routine sometimes myself, but not on national TV

😄

I can be quite a "Get off my lawn" and soapbox type as well, but, unlike the rest of the world (it seems) I prefer to keep some things private. I felt sorry for the def., having that curmudgeon hounding her about an old shack in the middle of nowhere when she doesn't even own it.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the advertising kerfuffle. I especially enjoyed JM reaming out the amoral tub of shit Def. The icing on the cake was Doug in the Hall, twisting the knife to repeat what JM said about a sack of garbage. I know. It didn't bother the amoral tub of shit in the least, but it was fun to hear.

• Like 1

What really got me was JM, after reading those filthy texts, counseling this horny old bat, and telling her what she really wants is romance and commitment. What? I saw no indication of that.

This woman adamantly told JM that they were NOT dating. She would just trot over to the toothless def's place for a little rutting and she was perfectly happy to pay for it.

Our litigants are never too old for hypersexuality. Damn.

• LOL 3
15 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I never saw this and was thoroughly entertained by two of the most unlikeable big-mouthed litigants ever.  They were so obnoxious and could NOT shut up for one second, not even when JM was talking. That prompted her to make a number of snide observations to Douglas as they continued to blab. He was quite amused at these idiots. Like JM, I really can picture these two discussing the car issues, neither of them listening and both screaming at the same time.

I do vaguely recall the woman trying to clean up big $$$ after SHE picked an apartment over a rowdy bar, a bar that was clearly visible to her from the outside and the inside if she cared to look. Her choice didn't end up pleasing her so to weasel her way out of the lease she makes up a bunch of stuff: "Look, Judge, at these GAPING holes in the brick wall." We see a brick wall with zero holes and nary even a crack. The wall was separated from the ceiling, leaving a big gap for the wind to whistle in and mice to enter. We see no gap and no mice.

She wants over 2K for her terrible suffering, and her asthma, and her mouse-o-phobia. So horrified was she by the mice that she never mentioned them to the landlord until a few days before she moved out. No wonder the landlord was so pissed off at her for wasting his time with her outright lying (and her daughter's lying) and money-grubbing.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

"Look, Judge, at these GAPING holes in the brick wall." We see a brick wall with zero holes and nary even a crack. The wall was separated from the ceiling, leaving a big gap for the wind to whistle in and mice to enter. We see no gap and no mice.

I may be being unkind but this plaintiff had me laughing out loud. Her picture of the holes in the brick wall not only didn't show holes, it showed repairs (not fresh) so someone is maintaining the exterior. She didn't do any better with the wall to ceiling gap; when JM said that she couldn't see a gap, the plaintiff helpfully added that this was a picture of where she knew the gap was. Funny but also pathetic. The defendant was a bit peevish with the plaintiff, but after this impressive pile of non-evidence from the plaintiff, I understand his annoyance.

Edited by DoctorK
clarification
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I may be being unkind but this plaintiff had me laughing out loud.

What was unkind was this scammer trying to rip off the def. Don't forget how she heard a woman outside just crying and CRYING! It was so bad she didn't call the police about some woman maybe being beaten or raped, but she cried too! Her tears are worth money. Oh, the pain and suffering.

• Like 3

Okay, people - my B-Day is coming up and I'm planning a major blow-out.  My PR person is sending out flyers. I expect you all to come. There will be a basket at the front door where you may drop money.

I completely forgot I had seen those two rachet guttersnipes until nearly halfway through and thought, "Oh HELL no."

I was amused again at the 26-year-old grown man who looks and acts as though he's 16 and thinks strangers who are in business should be mindful of his situation and take care of him. 26!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

A couple of comments on the old RV case airing today.    There is now a 10-year rule now for RVs and trailers, no chain (KOA, etc.) RV park will accept trailers, RVs, etc. over 10 years old.   Their insurance won't cover them any longer, because of fire and other hazards from deteriorating vehicles.     

Also, I can see why AAA charged so much for towing the RV in the case, there are other organizations that cover trailers, RVs, etc. not AAA.  So, the tow price from AAA was high, but that's because they don't cover RVs under AAA policies.      

• Useful 4
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

A couple of comments on the old RV case airing today. 

Interesting info!

That case reminded me of one thing about JM that always annoyed me. She has a bad habit of calling adults "kids", which excuses them for their idiotic actions.

RV-"boy" is not 15, but a 28-year-old man who claims to get "moral support" from his 8 and 10-year-old siblings. He may be a total clueless goofball, and maybe leaving Mommy will smarten him up, but who knows?

Not only does JM refer to him as a kid, but says she feels sorry for him. That's the kind of thinking that allows these man-children to flourish as they never would have just a few short generations ago.

After his stepdad gave him the boot, JM, distraught over the terrible luck this grown man had,  wanted to know if his mommy wouldn't lie to her husband and slip the "kid" some money here and there. I assume she's projecting due to her baby girls and how she'll continue to support them until the end of their lives.

He's also a liar, who told JM his sob story about how his wallet got stolen. BUT in the hall, Doug asks exactly what he had in this RV and lost. Well, he had stuff, like electronics and his WALLET. Our man Doug quickly jumps on that, saying he thought Goofy said he had his wallet stolen. Goofy stumbles and mumbles that oh, well - this is another wallet.

• LOL 3