Type keyword(s) to search

The People's Court - General Discussion

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hate the dueling retraining order people.

I've been enjoying our contract cases, but now we're back to the kind I hate the most. I heard "thowing food" and cops called and lead pipe and smashed windows and groupies that you might call females and I'd had enough. I know Levin wets his tighty whities over this sordid crap but if I wanted to watch Springer or Maury I would do that. Next!

2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

landlord/tenant: 

Def was obnoxious and unlikeable in the extreme with his constant repetitions of "they didn't allow me to clean the place" or "I wasn't entitled to clean" or something like that. You clean it before you hand over the keys, not expect to come back later and drag it out forever, and really - how many tenants will come back when their lease is over and they are living elsewhere and clean up someone else's property? Why would they? They don't take any care when they live there, but they should after they're gone? The place was impeccable when he moved in. I haven't seen many mobile homes/trailers, but this one was very nice - nice before it was coated in nicotine and the floors marred by cigarette burns and the grime of the ages, that is. Judging by the utterly filthy kitchen lino, I doubt he ever cleaned at all.  Really, he could have at least wiped up the 6 years of dust and greasy grime from the furnace grate and replaced the floor vents he duct taped. I thought it was rather petty of plantiffs to include a picture of a 2$ switch plate that D had written on. OTOH, D could have changed it himself for that 2$. Still, Ps weren't greedy so got the modest amount they were requesting. At least this case had no vandalism, cops, or acts of violence. P had to be reprimanded more than once for continuing to talk over JM. Why do people do this? No one is listening. Do they think it will help them?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Def was obnoxious and unlikeable in the extreme with his constant repetitions of "they didn't allow me to clean the place" or "I wasn't entitled to clean" or something like that. You clean it before you hand over the keys, not expect to come back later and drag it out forever . . . 

I learned a lot from shows like People's Court.  Six years ago, we moved into a brand new casita rental.  We took pictures on day one.

Three years later we moved out.  We took pictures after cleaning, and then insisted on the leasing agent coming in and inspecting while we were there and there was time left on the lease in case we needed to correct anything.  We didn't need the time.  We got our full security deposit back within two weeks and parted as friends.

It's called acting like adult renters and dealing with professional property managers.  Nobody was out to screw anyone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

day laborer wants to be paidfirst few minutes didn't record, so missed intro and took some time to figure out what case was about........ dude only worked short time before getting in fight with foreman and getting fired - employer tries to string him along and comes up with bogus reason why he won't pay for work done..... no doubt expecting day labor kid to give up and go away - if kid did any work he should be paid, but did they have an agreed wage - kid going for lotto money wanting to be paid for wasted time and aggravation - didn't care for either litigant, but really disliked D and the foreman who appears as a witness - as for P, back in my days in landscaping I worked with some real losers who were day laborers, and I suspect this kid is one of those - apparently foreman gave him a couple tasks, and kid had trouble accomplishing any of them, then P says foreman started "making fun" of him........ kid appears to have learning disability or something, and says he can do work, but he needs to be shown exactly what you want done - and yeah, I've known guys like this who did good work IF YOU SUPERVISED them, but would get flustered if you talked wrong or, like appears happened here, told him to go do something and expect him to take any initiative - from little we saw of foreman here, I buy that even though he denies it today - kid leaves job........ from there a long line of nonsense begins with D coming up with excuses as to way he isn't getting paid - he wants to see a Social Security card - not just a number, but the actual card - he'll only pay by check and kid needs a permanent address because check has to be mailed, just nonsense and even resorts to how he needs to consult with his attorney at one point when kid is insistent on being paid...... remember, kid is just some down on his luck out of stateer day laborer.......... not believing much of what D says, and I can only take a few seconds of foreman before I zip ahead -  foreman looks like some homeless day, wearing bandana on head with crazy eyes (maybe made worse by being too close to camera)....... ok, zip zip - kid wins and paid for work but nothing for aggravation

almost a tenant, now P 'fully expects' judge to ward her over $5300: P intro says she put rental deposit down on house, but crazy landlord ran her off property when P came to move in........ landlord says P failed background check - naven't heard how much deposit was, but apparently this was a mansion as D not only wants to keep the deposit, but wants an addiction 8 grand......... ok, this is supposed to be my brain numbing g court tv time to get away from waiting on election results, and as we gone to commercial P is yakking about how D asked her if she was a Trump supporter - grrrrr, this looks to be a nonsense case between money grabbers, but if it turns into trump / Biden talk I'm out of here........... ok, P liked place and was going to take it even though she claims D gave her 3rd degree about not supporting Donald - P wants to go into all this political crap, but MM tells her to get to contract and putting down a deposit (deposit was $300 and both these nuts expect to get thousands of bucks!?!)......... ok, no signed contract when P wrote the $300 check, and she was planning on moving in on first of next month (June)......... again MM has to  step in to keep P testimony on track - she'sgiving me a headache......... on move in she was supposed to pay $2600 (rent and security and the $300 was a check for the pet fee she says D wasn't supposed to cash until she moved in)........ ah, but according to P she drives by, sees the for rent sign still out front, and when she texts asking g why sign is still up D goes off and tells her not to even drive down the street - oh, and despite P saying $300 check was not to be cashed, D went ahead and cashed check......... over to D, who better have real good explanation cuz P paints her in bad light - according to D, P was $300 shy of enough money to move in and wanted to use the already paid $300 pet deposit towards the move in price with pet deposit to be paid in future (of course she wanted to pay first month by check)......... ok, that actually makes more sense than the P story about Trump and D  never really wanting to rent house and just trying to scam her out of her hard earned $300, course what would really make sense is a written rental agreement with a background check, though we haven't heard anything about P failing background check yet.......... ok, as we head to commercial P brings in race card to go with the Trump (she's black, D white) and I give up and zip ahead........ apparently, texts back up D version of events and make it look like P breached contract when she couldn't pay move in cost.......... as I zip ahead it looks like they had a handwritten agreement at some point, I listen a minute and agreement is that the $300 was to hold house and then (maybe) go to pet deposit, but pretty clear on June 1st P to have $2600 to move in - which she didn't have............ ok, next time I slow down down seems P also some article to proof D is anti-Muslim - not sure WTH she's yakking about, case is about $300 to hold an apartment and P not having enough money to move in - also not sure where these thousand of dollars come in over a $300 case, though I guess landlord could make a case for a month of lost rent........ ok, zipped ahead to far and had to back up the recording a bit - seems P wanted that $300 back, and went so far as to write an email to the local tv station saying she thinks D is a racist slum lord running a rental scam, which to D equates to a 5 grand law suit for defamation........ ok, nothing for defamation, but pretty good case for the month of rent ......... except they had that written agreement where P gave D $300 to hold house and D accepted on condition she could kerp the $300 if P didn't move in......... no money changes hands 

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4

day laborer wants to be paid:

Imagine if everyone (including me) just walked away from our jobs because we felt insulted? No one would work. Def with his silly blue glasses was kind of a jerk-off and a liar whose vocabulary degrades into profanity quite easily, but he did give P a job when maybe no one else would. The kooky foreman (who apparently was waiting outside like a dog) was entertaining with his wild cackling and over-animation. Maybe someone should look into D's cash-only employees. They're all "Independant contractors". Sure they are. I've heard that before, starting many years ago during my husband's court case against his employers. It was BS then, and it's BS now.

almost a tenant, now P 'fully expects' judge to ward her over $5300:

At first it did seem like D was pulling a scam when, for absolutely no reason and after agreeing to rent the apartment to P, she texts P to never set foot in her place and to not even drive down her street or she'll the call the police.  Turns out P didn't pay what she was obligated to pay to move into the apartment and even admits in texts that she's 300$ short. She told landlord this just a day or two before the move-in date, probably banking that D would say, "Oh, what the hell?" and let it slide. Landlord should just overlook being shortchanged and let P break the agreement and move in anyway. If someone I wished to rent from starting asking wild questions when I called to discuss the apartment, like my political affiliations and my race and said something like, "Oh you have an Irish name. I hope you're not a drunk like the rest of your people?", I might decide that's not the place for me, but not P. She wanted to live there anyway with this looney racist, but it's the D's fault she didn't even though she didn't do what she said she would, namely pay 2600$. It's not worth suing for 300$, so P tacks on 3K for mental anguish, 1K for aggravation, and 1K for inconvenience, which adds up to a tidy windfall of 5000$. JM cuts through all the histrionics and determines that P breached the contract, and she gets zero.

People: If someone at your place of employment calls you a mean name, or hurts your feelings or offends you, that is not compensable, not even if your feelings are really, REALLY hurt. Get a HugChair!

8 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We got our full security deposit back within two weeks and parted as friends.

Yah, but I bet you didn't rip any doors off the hinges, bash huge holes in the walls or put out cigarettes on the floor.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yah, but I bet you didn't rip any doors off the hinges, bash huge holes in the walls or put out cigarettes on the floor.

We actually did take down a regular door that opened in such a way that it blocked part of the closet interior.  We replaced it (with landlord's permission) with an accordion door.  Then - when we got ready to leave - we took down our accordion door and put the regular door back on.  But we didn't rip it down, for sure!

And NOBODY EVER smokes in my house.  Period.  Never.  LOL.

• Love 5

You have to realize that the day laborer was autistic.  Brain is wired differently than others.  I know lots of autistic people as my daughter is mentally handicapped.  

That foreman looked like a dick and there's no doubt in my mind he called him "retarded" (I hate that word)

• Love 7

Wacky directv DVR seems to be dieing on me - or maybe just too old probably 6-7 years old and I know direct tv warned me awhile back I needed to upgrade. Yesterday it started recording late and today reset/reconnected to satellite twice and recording didn'the started until we were down to 20 minutes left on episode......... which means I only saw tail end of episode  - and what I saw was

Rental dispute - tenant wants deposit, but Landlord says no - apparently there was a lease, but then an clause was added that, since tenant was waiting for new place to move into he could rent month to month - BUT after a certain deadline he would become a normal tenant with a full/regular lease (sorry i missed beginning as this sounds interesting - or at least different....... anyway, landlord sent the required letter detailing why he was keeping deposit - some question about a stray pic that snuck into the pile, but Landlord does have pix that show the carpet at very least needs to be restricted because tenant ran cables under the cable for a kitchen tv thing is, Landlord asking for replacement of rug that is at least 8 years old - MM reviews the lease, including the added clause/addendum/amendment/whatever and decides landlord within  rights to keep a month rent, and might have been entitled to 2 months had he not mitigated....... no pix from tenant and he claims he left place pristine and landlord says not so much - MM thinks landlord asking why too much for cleaning for things like dirt under fridge, but does allow $100 for cleaning........ after some number crunching. MM orders partial refund of deposit amounting to $556......... in hallterview tenant thinks decision was unfair, thinking he should have gotten whole deposit back - apparently he didn't listen to MM 30 plain the ruling - MM agreed with him that landlord nick picked and over reached, but saw enough evidence to award $100 for cleaning and had no problem saying tenant owed a month in rent......... when Landlord gets his turn he casts aspersions on how MM must live in filth if she thinks tenants left place clean - something about maybe MM doesn't mind living with mold, and she probably doesn'the clean her own house enough to know what it takes - I must have missed that testimony - anyway he also thinks MM was unfair........ course after the verdict has MM all OVER that

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 2

I can't believe I'm watching the woman who wanted the Airbrush Goddess to do a jacket back to look like her late grandmother.   In my opinion the portrait looks exactly like the grandmother, and the jacket was ready on time, and plaintiff took it.   Plaintiff paid $160 for the jacket, but didn't pay the rest for buttons, and poster of the grandmother.   Plaintiff claims the portrait looks nothing like the grandmother, so I'm thinking plaintiff wants everything free.  The plaintiff's daughter said the jacket picture looks like grandma also.    It wasn't nice of the defendant to cuss the plaintiff out, but she had just called her work bad, and demanded a discount.   Judge Marilyn saying the artist/defendant was rude is true, but plaintiff called her names, said her work is bad.      No money for anyone.    Another ate the steak case.  

After eight years of a tenant, you should expect to replace the carpets.  The lease months are kind of strange, but the HOA requires a lease, no month-to-month (my guess to avoid short term renters) tenants allowed.   I am so glad whichever litigant had some device going off stopped it.   Defendant and wife claim plaintiffs photos are of another unit he owns, and claim he has a rental empire.   

The move out pictures of the kitchen counters are awful, the kitchen fan is horrible, and refrigerator and stove are filthy, and caked with grease and dirt.   However, there is no proof this is the former tenant's unit.   The appliances were so bad that I would replace them, and these days an 8 year old appliance needs to be replaced.   .    Plaintiff gets November rent.   However, after that long, I would replace the carpet anyway, on landlord's dime.      But defendant did run an extra cable line under the carpet without owner permission. So I would yank that cable line out, and replace the carpet at the same time.   Plaintiff gets $100 for cleaning, and the month's rent.    Defendants look really ticked.   And good luck at finding someone to clean that unit for $100.  

(Next week there's a new one that is interesting.   The defendant was dating a woman, and her daughter at the same time, and also the woman's sister, plus one of the plaintiffs says the man was married too.) 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't believe I'm watching the woman who wanted the Airbrush Goddess to do a jacket back to look like her late grandmother. 

That was pretty bad. Def took that old, blurry photo and did an incredible job, IMO. I didn't see how it could be any better. Def should be a little more sedate and professional. Using foul language with clients, no matter how outrageous they are, is not the best way to handle things. Not sure why P though Granny looked "Arab" but oh, well - some people will never be satisfied, no matter what and I do understand why D "didn't feel like" doing any more work for P. Super closeups of P's arms were the worst part of this case.

4 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Rental dispute

Does saying, "I didn't understand what I signed" let you out of an agreement? It made perfect sense to me. However, landlord cooked his goose when he admitted that  a photo of a destroyed rug came from another unit. How was JM to believe any of the other pics came from P's unit after that? She didn't and let him keep only 100$ for cleaning and I think that was plenty. Are landlords shocked and horrified when they have to paint and replace carpets after the apt. has been occupied for nearly 8 years? Should people walk on the ceiling to avoid soiling the cheap carpeting? Def doesn't appreciate how lucky he is. We've seen true destruction of places, not just a dirty fridge (if that was P's fridge. Who knows?) or a speck of mold, both of which take but a half-hour with a hand-held steamer to clean. Landlord tries to play the sympathy card, but Ps are not responsible for his health problems.

Plaintiffs still didn't understand the agreement they signed that obligated them to pay rent after the end of Sept when we hear them in the hall, still squawking over JM's unfairness even though they won. They are just very fortunate that landlord rented the place out very quickly or they'd be paying yet more rent.

"God doesn't like ugly."

Edited by AngelaHunter
because I am now being influenced by the constant abuse of the apostrophe
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

That was pretty bad. Def took that old, blurry photo and did an incredible job, IMO. I didn't see how it could be any better. Def should be a little more sedate and professional. Using foul language with clients, no matter how outrageous they are, is not the best way to handle things. Not sure why P though Granny looked "Arab" but oh, well - some people will never be satisfied, no matter what and I do understand why D "didn't feel like" doing any more work for P.

My late cousin's wife is a professional seamstress . . . does alterations all the way up to wedding gowns and costumes for professional presentations.

She had a great way for dealing with people who came to pick up something she had altered, if they said they were dissatisfied with the work and weren't going to pay the balance.  (I remember a specific case where the customer had her shorten the sleeves on a leather jacket.)  When they said, "I'm not paying any more," she'd quietly - without one word other than "okay" - start snipping the stitches she had put in to do the alteration.  When the customer would say, "Hey, what are you doing?" she would reply, "If you don't want to pay for the entire job, I'll just take out everything other than what you're entitled to by the deposit you paid."  

Suddenly, they were satisfied enough to pay the balance.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

(I remember a specific case where the customer had her shorten the sleeves on a leather jacket.)  When they said, "I'm not paying any more," she'd quietly - without one word other than "okay" - start snipping the stitches she had put in to do the alteration.  When the customer would say, "Hey, what are you doing?" she would reply, "If you don't want to pay for the entire job, I'll just take out everything other than what you're entitled to by the deposit you paid."  

Sublime and a wonderful way to deal with people always trying to shortchange others, especially those working in any service business. It's despicable.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, SRTouch said:

when Landlord gets his turn he casts aspersions on how MM must live in filth if she thinks tenants left place clean - something about maybe MM doesn't mind living with mold, and she probably doesn'the clean her own house enough to know what it takes - I must have missed that testimony - anyway he also thinks MM was unfair........ course after the verdict has MM all OVER that

The crack about living with mold was uncalled for, however, I took it more to mean that she hires people to clean her house so she doesn't know the elbow grease it takes to get rid of mold.

• Useful 1

So the new case of the woman suing over a used car purchase is suing the wrong person.     She should be suing her hairdresser, or wig maker for that bleached out mop on her head. 

So she bought a used car "As Is", never talked to a mechanic before, wanted some suspension work done.   So she put down money on parts to fix the car, but then changed her mind, and wants her money back on the parts that were already ordered.  Car eventually blew a gasket, also not the mechanic's problem, because it was nothing related to her other issues with the car.    No returns on special orders. and what's he supposed to do with parts for a specific car?         

She's also suing for $578, only paid $478 for the alignment, and parts, plus diagnosing the problem.   Judge Marilyn glosses over the wrong amount demanded by the plaintiff, but jumps on the mechanic because he charged too much for the alignment?   If you don't like the price, then go to another shop for that, and Judge M. doesn't like the estimate.   So plaintiff will get a bunch of money back, $196 to plaintiff.   

Mechanic points out that she paid for the parts, and they've been waiting for her to pick up for months now.   Plaintiff says she's not picking the parts up, so I hope the defendant considered them abandoned, and resold them.       

Harvey is wrong in the trampoline case, where a homeowner wants to know if letting neighborhood kids use your trampoline is wrong.    If someone gets hurt on your property, you're liable.    And those waivers don't hold up in court.  

Air conditioning case shows why you don't try to cheap out on installation, and I bet they were used mini-splits that plaintiff had installed.

Chipped bath tub case, boring.    Another yes they did, no we didn't case.   Sorry, but a bad reglazing job isn't always obvious from the first day after it's done.    The chip could have been a bubble in the glazing process.     

The defendant could stop rubbing her stomach.   Yes, we know she's pregnant, but that should have nothing to do with the case.      Sometimes you can fix a chip, but I've never seen one that was invisible after being patched.      I've seen some reglazing jobs that were awful, it all depends on the skill of the person doing the job, and exactly how they reglazed it.      I don't even know how it ended.    

I bet that chip was a bubble in the original glaze, and the first time something hits it, the chip happens, and it's rusted out under it just like that chip was.      I'm guessing the 'new' tub was actually reglazed when the plaintiff bought it, and the bubble of paint over the chip was already there.  There is no way to see the defect until the chip happens, when something hits that spot, and the paint goes.  

Thanks to Jaded, I now know that the plaintiff received $250, not the $500 Judge John would have awarded her.      

My early morning rerun was the woman who consigned a piano to the music shop, and it hadn't sold yet.    She really wanted the money from the shop.   When Judge Marilyn told her according to the contract she either had to pay to have it moved back to her house, or leave it at the shop she looked ticked.     The piano shop owner said that resale markets for any type of piano has been miserable for many years. 

I'm tired of the social media creators for some music or film, or acting company.    It's nothing but more publicity for the social media creator for their business, and for the 'customer' who I bet pays extra to get on this show. 

Plaintiff suing landlady for having all of her worldly goods packed and ready to move in.   Then landlady tried to contact her, and said the deal was off, so plaintiff had to store everything with the moving company and that , apparently included her upper dentures, which seem to be missing.     The plaintiff was renting two rooms on the upper floor of defendant's home.   I find it suspicious that no one else will rent to plaintiff.   Landlady swears she tried to tell plaintiff that the rooms weren't available until the morning of the move in.     Landlady found out you can't rent rooms in her jurisdiction, except to related people.     So plaintiff wants five months of storage, hotel costs, and other things.   Plaintiff gets move costs, and totals $1852.     Defendant has an unusual counter claim, apparently there was a mail stop for all mail to defendant's home, and it was filed by the plaintiff.   The police confirmed that the mail stop happened, and it was filed by the plaintiff.   The mail stop was filed the day before the move in.   Because defendant can't prove identity theft, defendant case dismissed.  

So if plaintiff is staying with a friend, why does it look like a very nice residential motel?    I think defendant dodged a bullet by not letting the woman move in. 

Defendant should contact the postal inspectors.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The defendant could stop rubbing her stomach.   Yes, we know she's pregnant, but that should have nothing to do with the case.      Sometimes you can fix a chip, but I've never seen one that was invisible after being patched.      I've seen some reglazing jobs that were awful, it all depends on the skill of the person doing the job, and exactly how they reglazed it.      I don't even know how it ended.    

That lady rubbing her stomach was driving me crazy. I kept waiting for her to shoehorn the fact into the defense of their case somehow. I guess it could have been brought up and edited out.  I actually said out loud a couple times "We get it lady you're pregnant!.". 

Judge Milian awarded the plaintiff $250. In the chat after the case between her and her husband he said  he would have awarded the plaintiff $500. He mentioned how he thought she could never be a scammer which hadn't really entered my mind.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So the new case of the woman suing over a used car purchase is suing the wrong person.     She should be suing her hairdresser, or wig maker for that bleached out mop on her head. 

I thought it looked like someone dropped a particularly lacy omelet on her head. Same old: P buys a 15-year-old Nissan, never thought to get it checked, blah blah. Def sounded reasonably honest to me. This is nothing. She's also going to sue the person who sold her the hoopty she bought "as is" and even though he/she provided no warranty of any kind. Hey, she was told, "There's nothing wrong with the car". Isn't that a warranty? Maybe it WAS working that day. Who is she going to sue after that? Nissan, for having cars that wear out in 15 years? Thank goodness my CC is finally in sync on this show, since I had a hard time understanding these litigants. Sadly, I found it easier to understand def., for whom English is a second language.

Air conditioning case shows why you don't try to cheap out on installation, and I bet they were used mini-splits that plaintiff had installed.

Amadou didn't think the 1 1/2 drive to P's house was far when he knew he would get 1800$ for that janky job he did. I agree he thought if he ignored them, they would just buzz off. He was too busy to answer a single text! I bet he won't be so busy from now on. His crap about the units coming from the factory with just enough freon to test it out? Wow, what a liar, on top of being incompetent, but if he really thinks that he should get out of the a/c business. I've had two of these installed, the first one 10 years ago which worked perfectly until my deck collapsed taking the exterior part with it, and I got a replacement this spring. Same installer (owner of the a/c company) did both and provided the units. Luckily for me, both had freon in them. He's not cheap but I knew the job would be done right and do you want "cheap" or do you want "good"? You seldom get both. I was impressed at Judge John's a/c knowledge.

The defendant could stop rubbing her stomach.

Drove me nuts. At first I thought, "Does she have cramps"? Then realized she was non-stop rubbing her preggo belly, to a point where I was wondering if she would rub the pattern off her dress.  Maybe she was hoping JM would be more sympathetic to her, since we've seen so many litigants wailing, "I'm/I was PREGNANT!" as an excuse for any and all acts of stupidity, laziness, or negligence. Sorry, dear, but no one cares about your belly but you and your hubbyboo, so stop rubbing it!! Landlord wants 500$ to repair and reglaze the tub which she says was new when the happy couple moved in. The bathtub people told her they couldn't just patch the chip but had to redo the whole tub. Of course they told her that. Anyway, JM awards her 250$ to fix the chip. If you want strangers to live in your property and they pay good money to do so, don't expect that property will remain in untouched condition.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

social media P wants big bucks from client for aborted campaign: oh my, both these litigants think their time is VERY valuable - apparently they ran into each other at a bar - or was it a resturant - got to talking, and D hired P to create an ad for his independent film 'Celebrity Bikini Model' for FB, InstaGram, YouTube, twitter etc - their deal fell through after D paid $1100, but P says he owes $5500 more - D has countersuit for 6 grand because she wasted his time......... started disliking P from  beginning when she is ultra cutesy and starts out by asking how MM is doing in Spanish - and both sides make sure to tell us she was running for political office, according to google Ms Shalira Taylor has run for office in Cleveland, Ohio, a couple times - and lost....... pg rated, no nudes or sex, but supposedly behind scenes at bikini photo shoots, yet P tells us the content was ultimately to racey for FB......... ok, simple contract case, even have a breakdown of how much P was to be paid based upon how well ad does - but wasn't it a bust if the ad couldn't be used on the intended social media?........ anybody buying this woman's yarn - Takes  a second to find some pretty sexy bikini shots on Facebook, and there are some mighty racey movie trailers/ads out there - anyway, when mainstream outlets turned down the ads, they tried to go to adult sites......... anyway, about then P presented another invoice for $2500 and D said so far her campaign was a bust and she hadn't earned any more money - so the ad ends up 9nly on the porn site 1 day before P pulls it since he hadn't paid the  $2500......... well, sort of, but sounds like she DID do work establishing a Web site and account's on social media - not sure how much money she earned, and really not liking either and may just zip ahead and let MM listen (I probably have sone of this wrong, cuz I was only half listening from the get-go).......... hmmmmmmm once they get to feuding and fussing D threatens to go tell her political opponent she's shady and doing business posting ads on porn sites - starting to get messy............ ok, basically, even though going to the porn sites was D's idea, now he doesn't feel he should pay for that - he's doing a lot of hmming and hawing about how he shouldn't have to pay because he wasn't happy with her performance, which of course won't fly - MM will end up doing rough justice deciding how much the work both agree was done is worth, and whether he owes after substracting his initial payment........ ok, MM has texts where D agrees to pay such and such for this and that, so she's crunching numbers and P asking for way more than she was due......... zip zip......... don't really care if D had the hots for P......... P gets $2500 and D gets nada

landlord won't give tenant keys on move in day: P wants 5 grand - says when she showed up with a moving truck ready to move in the landlord wouldn't give her the keys - P ended up putting her stuff in storage abd was homeless with nowhere to lay her head........ D argues that after P agreed to take the apartment she called to say she didn't have enough money - D says she told P to call when she had the money, but then D ghosted and wouldn't answer texts or phone messages - apparently having a tenant back out of a rental caused great mental anguish and loss of work, so she is countersuing for - you guessed it - 5 grand........... oh, and as we head to commercial MM reveals that when tenant showed up with the moving truck to move in Landlord sends her a text to say apartment not for rent.......... ok, seems this apartment is actually two rooms in D's home - no lease, it was to be a month to month agreement........... anyway, according to P, once move in day she shows up with movers and truck of stuff, D not there and won't answer, eventually P receives text saying she can't move in - movers happened to have a storage unit, so P's stuff went into storage and P went to a hotel....... from P's story sounds like she has a case - not sure about the 5 grand, though she still hasn't found an apartment and is currently living with a friend (seems she's stuck between not having enough to rent an apartment, but had too much to get assistance)....... over to D - who of course denies ghosting on P and insists she tried several times to reach P, including calling and texting on day of move in......... ooops, but MM has texts which cast serious doubts on D stories - including text saying move in is a definite go and make sure movers wear masks in the house......... in fact, at 8:08 on move in day, P is texting P to call when they are finished packing and leaving to come to her house, and again reminding P to have Movers mask in house......... going to need major switcheroo to get D out of the hot water from these texts - but is P due 5 grand? Also, we still have plenty of time for a switcheroo......... after commercial break, we hear that at noon, 4 hours after text reminding P to have Movers mask, D sends another text saying she can't talk, but something has happened at house, forget it, apartment nor available.......... ok, so turns out what happened was she learned from a neighbor that she couldn't legally rent out rooms.......... oh, and P already out over $1600 for the movers............ rough justice - P over reaching, and MM weeds a lot of stuff out of the damage claim, settling on awarding $1,852 (P wanted D to for for months of storage and food - even money for clothes when she couldn't get them from storage unit - but remember this was a month to month so most D should pay is 1 month........ over to the counterclaim (also for 5 grand), seems part of the claim is because P put in a stop all mail order at the post office instead of just stopping mail with her name........ apparently, P ending up getting some of D's mail,  but she says she returned it to post office....... P getting worked up over accusation she committed a federal offense messing with DHS mail - almost makes me wonder if she doth protest too much......... D gets nothing, but is yakking away over MM saying she's going to get P arrested for stealing her mail.......... 

Ah ha - beat @AngelaHunter to the punch by about 30 seconds 😉😉😉😉

Edited by SRTouch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Plaintiff starts her long, convoluted story by sucking up to JM and asking her, "Cómo estás?". She has a marketing business and is running for some government office when she meets the def. who is an old sleazebag horndog. He syas he wants to contribute to her campaign and asks her to do marketing for his movie, which involves behind the scenes interviews with "bikini models". Yeah, I bet. P takes him on as a client, but surprise - no legit sites will allow his movie ads, due to their content. Def doesn't understand why, because it's totally above-board and just "celebrities modeling bikinis". JM views a sample of his content, in which I saw no celebrities but which looked like ads I see late at night, for phone sex. 😆 BUT - all is not lost! They do find a site for him to put a trailer, and that site is "PornHub" (which according to my CC, he calls "PornHut", kind of like PizzaHut but with porn I guess?). He says some friend advised him to use that site, as he's trying to pretend he never heard of it and doesn't spend a lot of time there. Oookay! He refuses to pay P for the trailer, because he says he already had that made and didn't need her to do it, except his texts to her clearly indicate he wanted her to make one. In response to JM's questioning, he informs her he "didn't REALLY need it". Long story short, he tried to get into her pants. She refuses and he won't pay her. P wants over 5K, just because, when actually all she is owed is 2505$ which JM awards her. Def is countersuing for I think, 6K, and he gets nothing because he's a lying old horndog. He tells Doug in the Hall, "It is what it is". Of course.  He better stick to PornHut.

Then we have a truly disgusting, vile def, who, in spite of her high-falutin' ways, needs to rent a room in her home to just anybody, it seems, to make ends meet. P wants to move from NJ to FL to be near her sons, one of whom found this room for her and she pays def 1K deposit. P hires movers and transports all her stuff to Def's place, only to get a text from D - as P is outside the home -  saying, "Too bad. So sad. You can't have the room." P is stranded with movers and her belongings. She calls one of her sons, who tells her to direct the movers to take her stuff to a storage unit, and it seems neither of her loving boys will allow her to stay with them even briefly so she has to go to a hotel until she finds some friend who lets her move into their place. She's still there as she claims her income is too high for her to qualify for a cheap place, but not high enough for her to find anything decent. Anyway, she wants D to pay for her hotel, her clothes, her meals, etc. for all the time since she was denied entry into D's home. JM wants to know what happened between 8a.m when D instructed P to have her movers wear masks, and noon when D told her she couldn't move in. After a lot of loud blabbing, def finally says that some neighbour meandered over when she saw the moving truck and informed Def she was not permitted to rent out rooms in her home in this area. She had no idea (or knew but thought she wouldn't get caught) Fine, but JM wants to know why Def didn't return the deposit to P. Well, it's because P harassed her and went to post office and informed the worker there that all mail to that address should be returned.  P says she looked at the bundle of mail she got at the post office, realized it wasn't hers and returned it to the post office clerk. Clerk denies this but there's no answer as to why someone at the post office would hand over mail and take direction from someone not even living at that address. Def also claims that now her identity is compromised which is catastrophic since she was waiting for a federal license for the Dept of The Treasury. Maybe not anymore, when they see what a liar she is and how she thought she could circumvent local zoning laws in her own neighbourhood. 1852$ for P, Ms. O'Neill, who is in desperate need of dentures.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Posted this before I saw SRTouch's far superior recap!!
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

P says she looked at the bundle of mail she got at the post office, realized it wasn't hers and returned it to the post office clerk. Clerk denies this but there's no answer as to why someone at the post office would hand over mail and take direction from someone not even living at that address. 

Too bad the Post Office isn't inside a Walmart . . . their cameras catch all sorts of nefarious activity.  IF defendant went right back to the clerk, it would have been on camera.  (Kind of hard for me to believe that there aren't cameras in the Post Office, but maybe that would be some sort of invasion of privacy that would discriminate against those trying to violate federal laws against mailing illegal substances.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

but maybe that would be some sort of invasion of privacy that would discriminate against those trying to violate federal laws against mailing illegal substances.)

Can't invade the privacy of criminals. It might make them uncomfortable.

Def said it was a very small post office which made me picture something from Andy Griffith's Mayberry era, where the post office person knows everyone in town by name, keeps all the mail in pigeon holes behind him and wants to know what's in the letters they receive. If that's the case, why did this person just hand over all the mail destined for def's address to a total stranger? Could I go into my local post office and ask for all my neighbour's mail and get it? Don't think so, not without 2 pieces of ID and proof of address.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

P getting worked up over accusation she committed a federal offense messing with DHS mail - almost makes me wonder if she doth protest too much..

I thought it was very plausible that the old biddy did indeed keep the defendant's mail and lied about it. There's somehting about her demeanor and the character she projected that leaves me with that impression.

Even more so than the PO clerk's statement to the police.

1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

social media P wants big bucks from client for aborted campaign: 

Smarmy defendant either knows nothing about how social media promotion works (and the restrictions one has to work with) or he simply was frustrated with not getting a booty call. His product looked like cheap and unimaginative soft porn stuff with very low production values.

Plaintiff brought her hands up once or twice and she seemed to display one of the most extreme and ugly cases of nails grown into claws we have ever seen from litigants on these shows.

• Love 4

My guess is either plaintiff was going in to arrange for mail delivery at defendant's address, and did the stop mail at the same time, or there was some other scam going on.   One way you establish tenancy at an address is by getting your mail delivered there, and I think that's what plaintiff was doing.  It's all part of the squatter's handbook.     I bet she had some fake lease for the whole house, or some fake letter forged claiming defendant had an emergency, or sold to plaintiff. 

When I saw the 'friend's place' plaintiff was in was a fancy residential hotel, then I believed nothing she said.     I think there was more to defendant's backing out than the neighbor telling her about the roommate prohibition.   I hope the defendant put credit freezes on her accounts at all three credit bureaus.   (I'm wondering if the sons live where they can only have male roommates?  With 3 hots, and a cot, for a number of years?)

In the social media case, his trailer ended up on Pornhub.     They have lots of real porn on there, so what the defendant made a trailer for was hard core, even though defendant claimed they were only bikini shots.   Plaintiff was running for U.S. Congress, but lost.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Plaintiff was running for U.S. Congress, but lost.  

What I took from her babble is that she got a few votes. Who is going to vote for someone involved in any way with PornHub? She was fine with dabbling in a porno site until she didn't get paid.

1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

I thought it was very plausible that the old biddy did indeed keep the defendant's mail and lied about it.

I'm sure she did too. I think she may have tossed it in the trash. There has to be a reason why she has two children yet was forced to go and stay in a hotel. However, that doesn't excuse def's underhanded lying.  It took all JM's powers to drag the truth out of her.

• Love 3

doggy grooming mishap:  couple quick pix/video of doggy in pain, but those are easy to skip and meltdown later on worth watching case P took her 1yo yorky for grooming and says groomer left poor little Kobe with nicks and inflamed 'area.' Says she noticed in the car and called right away, but no answer, called back a couple times that first day and finally left a voice mail. Says she called several times over the next couple of days, but never got an answer....... three days later she files the case...... once she filed the groomer finally called back and now it's the dog owner who is fed up with not getting a response who doesn't answer...... over to defendant's side where we have a swing and miss - why the heck do business owners who had zero contact with customer testify without their employee - D, the business owner, say she was out of town when incident happened - so a bunch of hearsay testimony about what groomer told D and how groomer said she tried to return calls and that business owner planned to contact Kobe's owner when she got back to town - but by then P had filed suit...... P totally fed up with D and doesn't want to talk to D - D says she never saw pix of injury and got nowhere trying to call vet (P took Kobe straight to vet after leaving the groomer because he was in obvious distress)....... uh, maybe just me, but I wouldn't want my vet giving out information on any of my critters or information on the bill without my approval - but P certainly should have provided D with the bill and pix before now - OTOH, does D have anything - texts, phone records, etc - showing she made any effort to contact P or was she just hoping P would go away......... anyway, D says she 'usually' contacts the vet, which has MM wondering how often groomer burns a doggy peepee area - but D says this is first time...... ok, we sort of see the pic of poor Kobe's privates - which have been pixel ate dinner so we don'the some anything except a very red color........ ok, vet reported nicks on a nipple and scrotum and very irritated/red/inflammed scrotum..... time for MM to check out counterclaim - D hasn't tried tried out present any defense, just saying she would have offered to settle if P had given her a chance instead of suing - somehow, though she has no defense, she does have a counter claim for $950 - she wants all kinds of stuff, lost wages, daycare cuz her kid needed daycare while she handled this case? Other nonsense - oh, but here's as case is winding down turns out groomer is in wings watching D this whole time? Then D tries to nitpick the vet report and claim the redness wasn't from the grooming but from the puppy linking itself...... huh? Didn't vet report say scrotum and a nipple had been nicked?........ MM already not happy with D, but now she's getting exasperated and we suddenly hear someone chiming in from background - which is when groomer makes her appearance........ groomer does not help D's case any, just goes into a rant about her experience and attacks Kobe's owner for being a neglectful owner for not having Kobe neutered. Uh, what? As MM is quick to point out, not having Kobe neutered is NOT being neglectful and has nothing to do with case - P could plan to breed (hope not, I'm a big supporter of spay/neuter - but really not groomer's beeswax), maybe Kobe is going to be a showdog, P may be one of those who just don't believe in neutering, besides, Kobe is not quite 1 year old and not exactly neglected if he's been groomed twice already and has a regular vet........ Groomer witness really digging a whole here arguing with MM that she nicked kobe because he hasn'the been neutered -STFU, if you can't groom an unneutered puppy with 11 years experience it's time to look for a new job...... MM has a heck of a job shutting groomer up as she is now going on about how Kobesity isn'the house broken and peed on himself and THAT caused the red inflammed irritation (and nicked the nipple and scrotum?)......... now Groomer starting to yell at MM that this was a preexisting condition...... side note - P being very good about not speaking get out, though we keep seeing glimpses of her strongly disagreeing with what defense side is putting out there....... time for MM to shut this down - D has no defense and nothing they'really saying comes close - countersuit is nonsensical - time to figure out how much P gets (in missed intro, so not sure if she is after lotto money or what) - MM boots groomer from chair and brings back owner - this is one time when business owner SHOULD have not brought employee who dealt with customer, the groomer's rant only helped P and showed P had reason not to try to settle - but, oh dear, groomer still can't a it and MM has to tell D to have groomer not to rant in background - and D just sits to here after MM tells her to shut groomer up as groomer just keeps on ranting (time to cut to the mic!)......... oh my, and no P was not after lotto money, but just asking for vet bill of $113.16 - good grief I thought I was going to hear she wanted puppy pain and suffering and a bunch of other stuff to inflate claim to max - i would have been good with slapping a penalty onto D just for general purposes after groomer's performance (D not much better, just not as strident)......... really, D is lucky P has a regular vet, as that bill is VERY reasonable for a walk in - if she had gone to a doggy ER we might be talking MUCH higher bill........ after the verdict Shows the judges know dogs - MM Could tell at a glance during court that poor Kobe was hurting by body language in a video taken in car as P took him to vet.......... 

22yo hoopty case: these litigants did a car trade, P traded his Nissan for this Buick that is old enough to buy booze - problem is, when P got to DMV there was a problem and he couldn't register his new prized ride because the title was wonky - now he has the old Buick and D won't return the Nissan - wants $894 ...... apparently D is a tow/car storage guy - he says he took the Nissan planning to scrap it, but since it also doesn't have a title the junk yard wouldn't take it - says only reason Buick couldn't be registered was because P filled out the paperwork wrong - somehow he thinks P owes him $2500 in towing and storage fees..... yeah, sure that will fly...... hmmmmmmm this case may prove interesting when we get to figuring out how these litigants came up with numbers - P supposedly paid $1800 for the old Buick Park Avenue - then D was supposed to make a few repairs on the Buick hoopty, and he supposedly did some, but not all even though P gave him money for repairs not done - and, as long as D was going to work on P's new classic, why not have him fix gf's windows in her ride - course P is forking over cash for parts and repairs, not bothering with receipts, and these repairs never happened - ok, and the title problem is that when P tries to register car DMV finds a jumped title, and D says he'll chase down the guy to get a clear title if only P can come up with an additional $185.......... not sure how that math here works, P and gf have forked over hundreds, still no receipts or texts, just a wonky title that is worthless until D straightens things out - but they're still forking over more as about now they decided to give GF's daddy's car, the nonrunning/not registered Nissan, to him in exchange for half whatever D received after he scrapped it.......... ok, silly case and I have lost track of the balance sheet - think P says the ancient Buick was supposed to cost $1800, then he gave dude money for some repairs, GF gave a couple hundred for her power windows to be fixed, P gave dude a couple hundred more to get a clean title (which never happens) - while on over side D had decided to retroactively charge towing and storage on the old Nissan that P says he hauled away and was supposed to split profits from scrapping.......... P side makes no sense and not about to go back for a second listen....... over to D - who makes as little sense as P did........ ok, finished with these guys - P may or may not have a case had he brought evidence, but with no texts, no receipts, no anything, he has no case...... D is scammer who has ridiculous counterclaim - P may have legitimate claim agains scammer D, but not sure how MM will be able to set a number and not really interested any more....... zip zip. ......... ah, turns out there are texts which back up P - soooooo I guess P has the old Buick, and eventually got a title from DMV without help from D despite fact he paid D and extra $185 - MM adds up numbers from the texts and finds D owes $544 - P wanted money from the Nissan, but MM says that's still their car and gives they 14 days to collect it or it will become abandoned property and D can do whatever with it..... so, $500+ to P plus the Nissan junker if they want it - nothing for D....... oh, and P says old Buick runs great........ oh, and sometime during my zipping D bailed, but I didn't back up the DVR to see why/when he left - probably when MM scoffed at counterclaim.......

after the verdict again this is better than the case and is worth watching as Judge John has funny story about an old mustang he had back in the day

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4

I really like Judge John, and I hope that he's going to film his part of the after the verdict shows forever.  

Kobe is a Yorkshire terrier?   Looks more like my mini Schnauzers than a Yorkie.     After hearing, and seeing bad groomer practices, I would never get a dog again that needs a groomer, especially since I would either do it my self (the old fashioned hand clippers), or sit there and watch the groom every second.     I absolutely believe the groomer did that, because she was in a hurry, and the clippers were too hot.   The vet report says clipper burn, and I suggest doing a groom way to fast with dull clippers is a cause too.   I wonder if some hair was ripped out because the clippers weren't oiled enough, or sharpened enough either.   

When I had dogs that needed grooming, I was glad to say what I thought about the skill of place I took my dogs to when another dog owner asked me, and was grateful to other dog owners that warned me about shops they had a bad experience with.    I disagree with Judge Marilyn about one point, just because only one owner took the grooming shop to court doesn't mean that a lot of other customers that were dissatisfied simply went to other places for grooming.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Kobe is a Yorkshire terrier?   Looks more like my mini Schnauzers than a Yorkie. 

I didn't watch this so maybe shouldn't comment, but a Yorkie that looks like a Schnauzer sounds like a byb, designer mutt, so should be neutered. Any owner to wants to "breed" such a dog is doing it for money, and not to improve a breed which is the way reputable breeders do it.

After hearing, and seeing bad groomer practices, I would never get a dog again that needs a groomer, especially since I would either do it my self (the old fashioned hand clippers), or sit there and watch the groom every second. 

I was thinking the same thing. If I ever got a dog who needed clipping I would take a course and do it myself. We've seen a number of groomers on this show that make me not trust that my dog would not be mistreated or cut up by bozos unable to deal with a dog who won't stand still as a statue while being groomed.

Oh, De'Tarius and Jonna, who seemed to be severely lacking in gray matter (my mother always said, "For every Adam, there's an Eve".) really wanted to buy a 22-year-old Buick Park Avenue from the shady and seemingly batshit crazy def. I got distracted but did we find out how many miles were on the thing? We don't have car titles here in Canada, but do you really need to have it notarized ("or something") as De'tarius claims? Def, who seems to be a dealer in old beaters, does zero paperwork on his sales, has no idea how much anything cost,  and when questioned about his practices and denied his claim for over 2200$ in storage for yet another old junker, storms off. Well, bye.

On a happier note, Judge John seems to be really getting into this "After the Verdict" thing and tells some interesting stories.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

We had a Yorkie for 14 years.  Early on (as inexperienced pet owners) we took her to a PetSmart to be groomed.  The groomer nicked her neck . . . the cut was about an inch long.  There was no bleeding, so they just got skin, but they followed her policy of calling us right away and then took her to the emergency vet.  We met them there.  

I was grateful that Summer wasn't bleeding and didn't seem to be in pain, but a cut that long requires stitches and stitches require general anesthesia.  Everything went well with the vet, but while we were in the waiting room, the young woman who brought here there from PetSmart (not the groomer) kept saying, "Don't take her out of the cage.  I'll be grossed out if there's any blood."  Sensitive much?

Not only did PetSmart pay the entire vet bill without question, they even gave us a large gift card to PetSmart by way of an apology.

THAT is how professionals should behave, even if the injury was accidental.  It happened on their watch, they needed to make it right at no cost to us.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

THAT is how professionals should behave, even if the injury was accidental.  It happened on their watch, they needed to make it right at no cost to us.

Exactly. I just love the moron "groomers" on this show who blame the dog. It's the dog's fault he jumped off the table and broke his leg! He wouldn't stop squirming so it's his fault we put that gash in his skin. And it's not just groomers. My niece rushed her 13-year-old cat to the emergency vet last week when he was unable to eat and gagging and drooling. I asked her if they checked for something in his throat or stuck in his teeth since I had experienced something like this with a cat of mine. No they didn't because he wouldn't cooperate. I guess these emergency vets only check a cat if he cooperates with having his jaws pulled open and instruments inserted in his throat. I guess they never heard of anesthetizing an animal. Instead they gave him blood tests, ultrasound, and x-rays and charged her 859$. Her own vet the next day anesthetized him, scoped him, and quickly found a large lesion in his esophagus which has been treated. Duh.

All professionals are not created equal and someone has to graduate at the very bottom of the class, like most of the lawyers we see on this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

All professionals are not created equal and someone has to graduate at the very bottom of the class, like most of the lawyers we see on this show.

Really loved the groomer filing a countersuit . . . because she's a SSM and had to spend time away from work to defend herself for something she should have taken care of without being sued.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Exactly. I just love the moron "groomers" on this show who blame the dog. It's the dog's fault he jumped off the table and broke his leg! He wouldn't stop squirming so it's his fault we put that gash in his skin. And it's not just groomers.

Groomer in this case was really working to blame the owner. First, owner was neglectful for not neutering - said this was only 2nd grooming and dog was almost a year old, and everyone knows you need to get puppy's groomed several times so that they are comfortable - puppy not house trained and redness around penis was because puppy was incontinent and it's urine irritation......... I have problems with pretty much each of those attempts to shift blame except maybe the neutering as Yorke can be neutered as youngas young as 4 - 9 months (some breeds you need to wait), but like MM said not neutering alohe is not necessarily neglect...... and like I said in recap, this owner had a regular vet and was only asking for a perfectly reasonable bill to be paid - I was ready to award her more if she had asked for it.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Exactly. I just love the moron "groomers" on this show who blame the dog. It's the dog's fault he jumped off the table and broke his leg! He wouldn't stop squirming so it's his fault we put that gash in his skin. And it's not just groomers. My niece rushed her 13-year-old cat to the emergency vet last week when he was unable to eat and gagging and drooling. I asked her if they checked for something in his throat or stuck in his teeth since I had experienced something like this with a cat of mine. No they didn't because he wouldn't cooperate. I guess these emergency vets only check a cat if he cooperates with having his jaws pulled open and instruments inserted in his throat. I guess they never heard of anesthetizing an animal. Instead they gave him blood tests, ultrasound, and x-rays and charged her 859$. Her own vet the next day anesthetized him, scoped him, and quickly found a large lesion in his esophagus which has been treated. Duh.

Years ago my old vet retired - he was great, donated time and gave discounts when I brought in strays/ferals from a colony I fed at time. He actually helped rehome kittens and recent strays - that was who took my Spotty's kittens 20 odd years ago when I rescued her and her little ones. Then someone's pet rat showed up on my patio - and of course I took it in because it seemed sick (turned out it was pregnant). The vet that had bought his practice charged me an outrageous charge for checking the rat, and it was obvious she had NO experience with rodents and I was showing her information she didn't know that I had gotten off the Internet. (I still have rats - and cats)

• Love 2

I wondered if the Yorkie had some mats.   If I wasn't careful with my Mini Schnauzers, the boy would get mats around his wee-wee area (that's a technical term, but I heard the other terms more than enough on the groomer case), and the groomer speeding through the clip caught the mats, and it pulled out some hair, and caught on tangles and mats, and that's how she clipped the skin.     I agree the rashy area looked like urine scald, or diaper rash, which is very itchy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Was it on TPC when we had the two bozo defendants who had the mobile grooming service and cut plaintiff's elderly dog so badly he needed a bunch of stitches to close the wound? The vet had to anesthetize the dog but needed to do blood tests first because of his age. Bozos stated they did not agree with the veterinarian and in THEIR opinion (the learned opinion of these two idiots who couldn't groom a dog without seriously injuring it) the blood tests were unnecessary and they refused to pay for them. They read something on Google, I think.

Watching this show has made me totally mistrustful of anyone who is not a life-long friend or a member of my family. Oh - and my dentist. I really trust her.

Look at those fools today, squabbling over the ancient Buick. Of course none of them ever thought about receipts when throwing cash around and buying parts. I guess they all trusted each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Kobe is a Yorkshire terrier?   Looks more like my mini Schnauzers than a Yorkie. 

My sister has a Schnorkie (mini-Schnauzer-Yorkie mix). Not a "designer dog," she is a rescue from a litter that was taken to a shelter. She was so tiny when Sis got her that she fit into my cupped hands. She's still a tiny dog. Sis has her groomed regularly and I'm grateful that she hasn't ever had a traumatic experience.

I missed this one. Did MM go on one of her yelling rampages when she found out that D had lied about the groomer being there? I work in the legal field, and wow, you don't lie about that to a judge. People lie about all kinds of things in hearings and trials, but it is just incredibly stupid to tell a lie that is easily disproven because the evidence is, hey! RIGHT THERE IN THE COURTROOM.

I'm a fan of the segments with Judge John, too.

• Love 2

Judge Marilyn gave the dog owner vet bills in the groomer case.   She didn't give the grooming shop owners her ridiculous counter claims for lost wages, etc.     

They had the horrible rerun of the disgusting people who hid the plaintiffs 14 year old daughter (some kind of informal foster situation) in their son's room for six days after she ran away.   The defendant father got booted for his nasty smirk about everything, and for the fact that he was allowing the girl to come over to their house after this (the father is some kind of youth counselor)     The search for the girl included helicopters, SWAT teams, civilian volunteers, and two teams of three detectives around the clock.   The defendant mother was charged with obstruction, but my guess is got probation, or dismissed.   I suspect the defendants have relatives in city government or something, because nothing happened to them, or their statutory rapist son.   

After the case (runaway was 2019 I think), the girl is engaged to the son, and they both live in the same city now, not where the plaintiffs live.    I hope the plaintiffs took the horrible texts between daughter and the defendant's son about daughter wanting mother tortured to death, and set on fire to heart, and got her out of their home, before plaintiff parents ended up on an ID channel documentary about parents killed by teens.      

• Love 2

landlord suing ex-tenant for damages: VERY boring case - P rented apartment to D for a while, then told him he needed to move as she was selling place - D mentally handicapped, memory problems, suffers seizures, was hospitalized just before move out date etc - I think he truly believes he had a secret affair with the landlady, but she insists they never so much as kissed, and I couldn't care less - when D got out of hospital he had a short window to move out, and part of damage claim is for a week's rent because he stayed past move out date........ the big ticket items resulted on move out day when he took a too large uhaul truck down the narrow driveway and ran over porch steps and damaged fairly new seamless guttering.... only noteworthy part of case is how tolerant MM was with the handicapped tenant - dude has no self control or off switch and kept up running commentary throughout - MM would caution him and tell him to stop, he'd apologize, then start right back up when she went back to case - he insists the video would show he didn't hit the gutter - but then admits he hit a tree branch which in turn smashed the gutter - dude really had no defense........ problem was P wanted way more for cleaning than she should have - talking hundreds for cleaning the fridge and cupboards which she claims took HOURS - D did leave a mess and dirty stove, bur nothing that would entitle her close to want she wanted - dude lost his deposit and money for his uhaul damages

Mom sues daughter over cruise money:  daughter here is true definition of entitled b*tch and fascinating to watch to see just how entitled she was (but of course she argues she doesn't feel she is entitled....... mom and daughter both not too bright in the money sense - they plan this cruise and daughter actually pays her way onto the cruise - but needs some walking around money because she blew through her money on Christmas - Mom actually has a little money stashed away in a 5 grand CD, and she cashes in the CD (and pays a penalty) so daughter can have money to party and gamble with on cruise - somehow entitled daughter figures mom having a CD meant she didn't really need that 5 grand, so she unilaterally converts the loan to a gift - yeah, she doesn't deny it started out as a loan, but mom didn't really need the money and should be happy to give it to daughter - really thought MM held it together pretty well when she hears the parents caught covid and were hospitalized, and daughter acts like she should receive credit or an offset because she checked up on parents while they were sick........ anyway, no defense in this case, either - difference between this and 1st case is landlady in first case wanted more than was due, and mom in this one just wanted the money she gave ungrateful daughter and didn't even ask for penalty she paid to cash the cd........ sort of a side note - but isn't $4500 a lot of walking around money to blow through on a cruise when you were broke and had to borrow money to go? Guess I'm just cheap - but if I'm broke and needed to ask mommy for money I think I would have set a limit at a low stakes table and quit early

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

sort of a side note - but isn't $4500 a lot of walking around money to blow through on a cruise when you were broke and had to borrow money to go? Guess I'm just cheap - but if I'm broke and needed to ask mommy for money I think I would have set a limit at a low stakes table and quit early

We've been on 22 cruises (would have been 23 but one got cancelled by Covid).  I think in all of those cruises, we've spent a grand total of $30 in the casino, and since I won $120 in a Wheel of Fortune slot machine, we came out ahead.  

We've been on some awesome shore excursions that may have added a couple of grand to our spending, but have spent very little on the shops on the ship.  

Plus - if you have a good travel agent - they keep you apprised of things like cruises that offer free drinks, pre-paid gratuities, and internet time as promotions.  But then, some of us don't think we need free stuff - because we don't mind screwing our own mother out of $4,500 instead.

• Love 9

landlord suing ex-tenant for damages: VERY boring case

I agree, except for the allegations that plaintiff was gettin' it on with def, who went from hysterical laughter to tears and back several times. Not sure I believe plaintiff about that. I mean when I rented my first apartment, my landlord never took me for a walk and explained that there would be no hanky panky between us. It just never came up.

Plaintiff's mini-autobiography about her whole new life was intensely boring and JM didn't cut her off quickly enough. Nine hours to clean a fridge? Oh, please. Even when my fridge is in a dire state (which happens more often then I'd like to admit) I just get out my handy-dandy steamer and the whole process takes about 25 minutes and that includes taking everything out and putting it back in, which P didn't have to do. It was hard to hear a lot of the testimony since def's jackass-like braying drowned it out. Was that his mommy handling him? That he had a fiance surprised me not at all.

Mom sues daughter over cruise money: 

Unreal. Stupid, entitled, beastly, repulsive daughter (who is old enough to have a 19 year-old kid) thinks if she idiotically blows what money she has on Xmas presents- in order to show off - she can't afford, then Mommy owes her for her boozing, gambling and eating on a cruise. Yeah, I have investments too. I'm not using them right now, so that means if I cash one in and loan the money to someone else who won't pay me back I'm not losing anything, right? Stuffing my face, gambling and drinking are priorities. Why shouldn't Mommy (who suffered through a bout with COVID) pay for that? Mom always liked him/her best and she owes me! Shame on that heffalump, ripping her mother off. BTW, that black cord wrapped around her neck? I don't think it had whatever effect she hoped it would.

BTW, I wonder how long it took Levin to think of "It's the case of 'Cruisin' for a Bruisin"? I guess he took time out of thinking up his stupid little alliterative titles, i.e. "Tenant Tantrum" (or my fave - "Bye Bye Birdie" for someone who lost a beloved pet) and put all his brain power into that one. Fuck you, Levin. Fuck you twice.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, SRTouch said:

really thought MM held it together pretty well when she hears the parents caught covid and were hospitalized, and daughter acts like she should receive credit or an offset because she checked up on parents while they were sick..

"I drove her to the hospital! I brought her groceries!" So what? This beast thinks that entitles her to 4500$? I drove my mother to the hospital every single day to have radiation and chemo. Cost me a lot in gas and time. I guess I should have presented her with a bill for that? Imagine having offspring that grow up to be like this amoral slug?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

"I drove her to the hospital! I brought her groceries!" So what? This beast thinks that entitles her to 4500$? I drove my mother to the hospital every single day to have radiation and chemo. Cost me a lot in gas and time. I guess I should have presented her with a bill for that? Imagine having offspring that grow up to be like this amoral slug?

But her mother just had that money lying around in a CD!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I really wanted to punch the cruise daughter in the face.    Money in a CD, especially when you have to pay a penalty to get your money out isn't just laying around.    I bet the other siblings were livid.    

I get reruns at 10 a.m., and today is the man who wanted a song analysis to prove someone stole his song, and so he attacked the plaintiff who does forensic sound analysis, stole his laptop, and is also being sued by the plaintiff's company, because the laptop was company property.     The plaintiff also has a restraining order against defendant.     Plaintiff gets $516 for his personal property in the briefcase, plus $1,000 for the assault.    It worries me that not so strong Doug in the hall is talking to the despicable defendant.    I know the camera crew is right there, and probably security for this case, but one punch from that defendant could seriously hurt Doug. 

They're also advertising the rerun of the woman who burned down the kitchen on her boyfriend's apartment, and is suing the landlord for damages.    She's the one that escaped by going down slides.   Apparently, it's on next week.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

But her mother just had that money lying around in a CD!

Mother said it was her entire savings.  If dopey daughter had her own/only $5,000 savings in a CD, would she have been as cavalier about cashing it in to spend for walking around money on a cruise?  Or would she have been willing to "gift" it to Mother so SHE could have spending money?

Probably not.  That's the definition of "entitled."

• Love 7
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If dopey daughter had her own/only $5,000 savings in a CD, would she have been as cavalier about cashing it in to spend for walking around money on a cruise? 

No way, but she's the type who thinks that if someone has money they aren't spending it must mean they don't need it. She probably blows every cent she has and even money she doesn't have and is in debt all the place. It's not as though she took her mother's money in desperation to keep a roof over her head or food on the table, but to spend on entertaining and indulging herself. Probably thought, "I deserve it."

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

No way, but she's the type who thinks that if someone has money they aren't spending it must mean they don't need it. She probably blows every cent she has and even money she doesn't have and is in debt all the place. It's not as though she took her mother's money in desperation to keep a roof over her head or food on the table, but to spend on entertaining and indulging herself. Probably thought, "I deserve it."

My thought was that she didn't want her siblings to know about taking the money from Mom, because she wanted to be the "grande dame" on the ship, buying drinks for everybody.  Only it wasn't HER buying the drinks, it was Mom.  She did say that after the siblings found out, they were angry with her.  Duh.  They all knew that Mom wasn't loaded.  Maybe Mom needed some of that money for hospital bills after she and Dad were in there for Covid.  Ya think?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

another mother/daughter therapy sessions feud: mom moved in with adult daughter, they got on each others nerves, mom went away for 'a few days' without telling daughter where she was going - when she comes back daughter has thrown away her belongings, saying she thought mom was gone for good - mom wants $800 while daughter has countersuit for for $760......... thing here is that, if i have this right, mom was not just living with daughter, but actually paying rent and contributing to bills, so in effect a tenant, so we'll have to check dates, but if there was in fact a tenant/landlord relationship daughter will be out of luck........ truth is I'm not in mood for Springer-TV and start zipping early - mom starts out very wishy washy about evidence, doesn't know dates, talks about daughter being nice, etc - sounds like she just wants a Dr Phil type mediator rather than Springer, but I don't watch either........ zip zip......... daughter talking when I start listening again, and seems back in the day mom had issues which kept her away while daughter was young, and MM thinking she may need to add drug counselor to family counselor duties, and yeah, mom admits to being drug addiction and boozer.......... well, daughter now has youngsters of her own, so in my mind she had right to get suspicious when mom ghosted without notice - but not sure if she had right to trash belongings if mom was paying $300/month ($200 rent and $100 in bills)............. anyway, mom and dad divorced back in the day, dad kept custody and mom only peripherally in daughters life - she says she got clean, but dad refused to let her visit, she remarried but lost that hubby and daughter reached out and in November 2019 offered to let her move in so she wouldn't have to spend holidays alone........ daughter sounds like a good kid, but still have pesky 'paying rent' and landlord/tenant arrangement....... daughter starts testifying - mom has ghosted in past, so when mom left without notice and was not answering phone she got frustrated/hurt/pissed and assumed mom wasn't coming back - understandable, but let's talk about rent, then call this one....... ok, daughter says May rent (she says mom was supposed to be paying  $250 for rent and $150 cable bill not $200 and $100) was past due when mom ghosted, and it was over 2 weeks before she tossed mom's stuff...... not into dysfunctional family drama, so zip zip........ uh, WTH, have to stop and listen when I see daughter holding up a lizard - seems at some point they bought a bearded dragon and now they'really arguing on whether one or the other owes money - daughter does look like she cares for the dragon she holds up for camera...... guess story is daughter bought a dragon, mom thought it was neat, so they get two dragons in an impulse buy, then figure out they need to spend money providing the right environment and they're fighting over who should pay for all this stuff....... uh, sounds like a shared bad decision - this is an exotic pet with special needs and I'd be comfortable with mom paying a share but MM's rough justice may be needed to decide on share as it sounds like Daughter now has custody of the 2 lizards plus tanks/lights/etc. - oops, complication, the one daughter says was mom'says got sick, so there's vet bills that daughter wants, too - oh, and daughter actually now has a third dragon?........ nah, I say daughter pays for lizards....... zip zip - counseling session - zip zip - ok, so MM is addressing this as a regular month to month tenancy - mom has admitted she is bad with dates and amounts, so sort of have to accept daughter's version that mom was a month behind when she ghosted just before the NEXT month rent was due - so she owed for at least 1 month and maybe two  when daughter threw things away - uh, MM is going down the list of stuff mom wants money for, and it includes almost $500 for schizophrenia medication (hoboy, not only drugs and alcohol, but schizophrenic), which has MM asking want she was doing without the medication while she was ghosting (and apparently moved to California) she says she bought replacement meds in Calif, but no receipt....... despite the lawsuit and fussing, when mom found California not so great daughter fronted her move back to Texas and rented mom a room in name....... hmmmmm, despit my doubting the characterization seems they agree daughter is the closest any member of the family comes to possessing common sense - daughter says rest of both sides of family are 'grimy' and into drugs and CPS taking away kids while mom is nodding, mom says her hope is that lawsuit will allow for them to put this behind them and have a normal relationship........ ok, heard more than enough and not even sure what the claim/counterclaim is anymore......... MM calls it a wash, nobody gets anything and mom begging for forgiveness and proclaiming love of daughter....... Doug gives mom/daughter chance to make up, camera shows MM listening/crying as mom asks for forgiveness and daughter accepts - geez, Dr Phil moment....... 

used car deal among church members: p says she sold hoopty for a grand that D was to pay in $200 monthly payments - D made 1 payment, then car died and he left it on side of road - she wants other $800....... D doesn't dispute car deal or amount, but says he found the odometer was disconnected and he figures that and fact it died let's him out of deal........ ok, these two went to same church for maybe 8 months when P starting advertising her hoopty on FB - at time D had a DIFFERENT hoopty that he had bought without a clean title, so he was in market for a ride - oh, happy coincidence, here's a titled hoopty, so he agrees to the grand with $200 a month payments - he takes drlivery, but car wonky and needed work even before the first payment, she put money into hoopty fixing it andis smart enough to get bill of sale notarized as 'as-is' and the first $200 before he gets car a 2nd time - no surprise, he doesn'the make next payment (waiting for stimulus check, waiting for unemployment etc) then car breaks down a second time, and he decides to back out of deal and calls with location of busted down hoopty....... ah, but hoopty became his when they made deal and signed that notarized bill of sale, so any further repairs are his problem......... over to D and, no surprise, he begins with 'that's not at all what happened'........ ok, dude isn't making any headway at first, but then we learn he hadn't registered car yet when it broke down because he was waiting on a clean title....... WTH, I can honestly say I don't know anyone who has ever bought a used car BEFORE making sure it a clean title - and this was the second in a row this guy tried to buy with no title!...... OTOH, this throws a big kink in P's case - turns out car actually titled in son's name, so was this even a legal sale....... ah, turns out she was selling it for son, and agreed upon plan was she was holding title until Dude finished paying...... anyway, further complication was D broke down in middle of nowhere, and tow company was going to charge for a 45 minute tow, so P just junked it (not sure if she was paid anything for the junker, ax she mentioned paying $100 to get it towed - so, if she sold/gave away/disposed of the car, then she just admitted to junking D's property...... not sure what MM will decide, but I figure we call this a rental as dude had junker for a couple weeks and now P soldgave it to junk yard......... ok, back to odometer - P had reasonable explanation when she says mechanic disconnected odometer when she paid to replace headgasket after the sale, so this was a non issue and simple fix by going back to mechanic and having him complete repair job and reconnect odometer......... dude sinking fast - he came up with a couple plausible theories, but they dissolved as soon as MM questioned them.......... MM says there are pages and pages of texts - going through them it really sounds like P was trying to help D when he was down on his luck - even going so far as offering him a Tv for the group home where he was living....... lots of 'God loves you' and 'amens' going back and forth, until car dies and D stops paying.......... D admits he has no evidence and P has pretty good (and signed) as-is contract......... not really sure what is costs for a private party to place a lien on a car when selling it, and I'm sure it differs State to State, but after watching court tv for years I would NEVER make a sale on payments with finding out....... ok, latest defense is D not really reading contract before signing and he 'trusted' his fellow church member...... well, heck, sounds like he's the one not to trust........ oh, MM finally asks how old hoopty is/was - another car old enough to drink at 22yo......... ok, number crunching time - contract was $1000 sale, P got 200 from D, and addition 300 from junkyard (but had to pay 100 to get it towed to junkyard) so $1000 - 200 - 300 + 100 = $600 to P......... no final word from D after being told he owes $600 for a car that has been junked and is being sold for parts......... 

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5