Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E01: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski, Tom Holland, Kylie Minogue

• Start Topic

Graham is joined by The Devil Wears Prada and Girl on a Train star Emily Blunt and American Office star John Krasinski, who appear together in new horror movie A Quiet Place, and Tom Holland, who is reprising the role of Spider-Man in new Marvel film Avengers: Infinity War. Pop star and actress Kylie Minogue performs her new single Stop Me from Falling, from the album Golden.

A good way to start the new season (or series, as the Brits call it.) The Krunts (hee) were very charming, Tom Holland had some good stories (and does look as if he has a frog in his mouth), and Kylie's new song wasn't terrible. (Some of her stuff sounds so manufactured to me.) And we had two good Big Red Chair stories.

• Love 2

The Krunts were definitely the highlight. I think my favorite part was when Graham asked if their kids were American, and Blunt said, "You say that almost sneeringly." 

Blunt became an American citizen ("mainly for tax reasons), so technically, the entire family are Yanks.

• Love 1

EB has a delightful cackle. Which seems contradictory, cackles not generally being pleasant, but hers is good.  Both of the Krunts are quick witted and charming. 

Bless Kylie for getting over that heel Galavant (yeah, I don't know what the actual deal is there, I'm just blindly taking Kylie's side in the breakup.). I hope she didn't do all that face work as breakup therapy, because that would be sad. I mean, I'm not generally in favor of all that face work in the first place, but if you're doing it, I hope it's not for some dude.

Tom Hollander is doing a Stoppard play on Broadway soon, and when I first saw the notice, I'm all, how's Spiderman got the time, and then I reminded myself that Tom Hollander is not the same person as Tom Holland. I expect I'll have to do that a lot as I get older and older. Sigh. Tom's Dancing with Madonna story was good.

The first Red Chair dude? I mean, I get that he wanted to impress his dad, but don't treat people, even celebrities, as fucking props.  Douche move, bro.

Hey, dub, when'd you score that sweet mod badge? Or is this another something I've not paid proper attention to? 

• Love 5

i loved john krasinski on the office but have since heard he is nothing like his charming, exceedingly nice character. i guess i'm the only one that found him dull. as for emily, there just seems to be an aura of snobbish or , did i hear "diva"? behavior about her. i hope that dry blond hair is for a role because it is bad. she's a very nice looking woman otherwise.  i thought the show itself was not a good one. kylie , heard of her, first time hearing her music.  not my cup of tea. hoping next week is better. graham looks very handsome as usual. 

I would have stood in awe of Boneless Chicken Woman, too. That was absolutely great. I can't imagine my reaction if I saw it on a real dance floor, especially after a cocktail or two.

• Love 1
On 4/16/2018 at 12:17 PM, attica said:

I would have stood in awe of Boneless Chicken Woman, too. That was absolutely great. I can't imagine my reaction if I saw it on a real dance floor, especially after a cocktail or two.

I rewound this so I could show my 11 year old this woman's "chicken arms" because I thought she'd get a kick out of it.  My daughter was horrified and freaked out and visibly upset. She yelled at me, "WHY would you show THAT to me??? Do you want me to have nightmares?  What is WRONG with you?!?" Parental Fail #30,457 I guess.

• Love 5
On 4/16/2018 at 7:42 AM, msrachelj said:

i loved john krasinski on the office but have since heard he is nothing like his charming, exceedingly nice character. i guess i'm the only one that found him dull. as for emily, there just seems to be an aura of snobbish or , did i hear "diva"? behavior about her. i hope that dry blond hair is for a role because it is bad. she's a very nice looking woman otherwise.  i thought the show itself was not a good one. kylie , heard of her, first time hearing her music.  not my cup of tea. hoping next week is better. graham looks very handsome as usual. 

John was joking about the diva behavior, since she has a reputation for being really nice. Also I think her natural hair color is blonde. I know in a recent interview she talked about her daughter hating her brown Mary Poppins hair. If dry, it's probably from all the years of dying it brown. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/16/2018 at 8:42 AM, msrachelj said:

On 4/21/2018 at 8:22 PM, Stuffy said:

John was joking about the diva behavior, since she has a reputation for being really nice. Also I think her natural hair color is blonde. I know in a recent interview she talked about her daughter hating her brown Mary Poppins hair. If dry, it's probably from all the years of dying it brown. 

She's a natural blonde. I've heard her and John both say it in multiple interviews.

That doesn't mean her hair couldn't have been in a bad state post-brunette dye job, or that even if it's completely grown back naturally full blonde that she couldn't have had a bad color adjustment, or something.

Edited by Kromm
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

She's a natural blonde. I've heard her and John both say it in multiple interviews.

That doesn't mean her hair couldn't have been in a bad state post-brunette dye job, or that even if it's completely grown back naturally full blonde that she couldn't have had a bad color adjustment, or something.

funny, she looks much better with darker hair. the blond looked fried.