Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Hard Truths

oh hey this show is back

I'm sort of anticipating this show without Mike/uhhhhhhhhhhhhh what is Markle's characters name? I totally blanked while typing this post. I mean we know both of them are leaving, so they are hopefully going to avoid big drama between the two - so it seems like the drama is being pushed onto Donna & Harvey.

Damn Royal Wedding! I cringed every time Mike and Rachel kissed, thinking how she was cheating on Harry and what the British press would make of it. But they have the best relationship on the show.

What's up with Harvey? Donna kissed him, not ravaged him. A simple "honored but not interested" would have been sufficient. I don't know why Donna had to feel guilty and be punished for one lousy kiss. Methinks Harvey protests too much.

Edited by Good Queen Jane
  • Love 4

Methinks Harvey protests too much.

He is such a drama queen. I'm thinking there was no reason for him to tell his girlfriend about the kiss. He probably should've long told her that he and Donna had slept together though. Whatever, he just seemed to me to be trying to offload his guilt, anger, and frustration onto the two key women in his life.

Heh, all eyes on Rachel and Mike now to count every kiss and hug and whether we'll ever even see them in bed together again. She'll likely be dressing a lot more conservatively too. ?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

He is such a drama queen. I'm thinking there was no reason for him to tell his girlfriend about the kiss. He probably should've long told her that he and Donna had slept together though. Whatever, he just seemed to me to be trying to offload his guilt, anger, and frustration onto the two key women in his life.

Heh, all eyes on Rachel and Mike now to count every kiss and hug and whether we'll ever even see them in bed together again. She'll likely be dressing a lot more conservatively too. ?

I thought the same thing.  For sure no steamy sex scenes.  Everytime they kissed, I was like "what's Lillabet thinking"?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

What's up with Harvey? Donna kissed him, not ravaged him. A simple "honored but not interested" would have been sufficient. I don't know why Donna had to feel guilty and be punished for one lousy kiss. Methinks Harvey protests too much.

Kissing Harvey knowing that he has a steady girlfriend was a supremely selfish act. Even if he had no romantic feelings for Donna, it's putting him in an awkward position. And if he does have romantic feelings for Donna, it's of course worse.

We're to believe that Harvey and Donna have been together professionally for like two decades. That they have been there for each other through numerous professional and personal crises. That means there's no such thing as a simple kiss between them.

One of the many problems with how they handled things is they did not close the door on Darvey/Harna/whatever the shipper name is at all. Harvey all but admitted that he had feelings for Donna, and Donna's statement that she didn't feel anything in the kiss seemed like a cop-out to me. 

One of the few things I liked about this episode was that Louis was depicted in his best light: A mature, kick-ass attorney who cares deeply about the firm and his friends and has good advice at the ready. Having him do some comic relief, of course, is fine. But usually it's so over the top when they talk about his insecurities about, well, everything, his overindulgence in his hobbies, and so forth. I hope that they keep him closer to this version of Louis than the whiny man-baby he often is.

Most of the rest of it...meh.

I have come to hate all the intra-firm drama. I don't see why paying Jessica out needs to be such a priority or needs to be done in an over-the-table way. Just explain to Jessica that they'll get her her money out in X, Y, or Z ways. I hope we don't have to deal with Gordon resurfacing. I hope that we have come to the last of Alex and Mike butting heads.

I cannot conceive of any reason why Harvey would suggest making Mike, the person whose fraudacity is forcing Jessica to accept disbarment, into a senior partner when he has only been a legitimate jr partner for what, a year? How did they handwave him into becoming an actual attorney, incidentally?  I binged a whole bunch of the first half of the season and don't remember if they said.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Kissing Harvey knowing that he has a steady girlfriend was a supremely selfish act. Even if he had no romantic feelings for Donna, it's putting him in an awkward position. And if he does have romantic feelings for Donna, it's of course worse.

We're to believe that Harvey and Donna have been together professionally for like two decades. That they have been there for each other through numerous professional and personal crises. That means there's no such thing as a simple kiss between them.

One of the many problems with how they handled things is they did not close the door on Darvey/Harna/whatever the shipper name is at all. Harvey all but admitted that he had feelings for Donna, and Donna's statement that she didn't feel anything in the kiss seemed like a cop-out to me. 

One of the few things I liked about this episode was that Louis was depicted in his best light: A mature, kick-ass attorney who cares deeply about the firm and his friends and has good advice at the ready. Having him do some comic relief, of course, is fine. But usually it's so over the top when they talk about his insecurities about, well, everything, his overindulgence in his hobbies, and so forth. I hope that they keep him closer to this version of Louis than the whiny man-baby he often is.

Most of the rest of it...meh.

I have come to hate all the intra-firm drama. I don't see why paying Jessica out needs to be such a priority or needs to be done in an over-the-table way. Just explain to Jessica that they'll get her her money out in X, Y, or Z ways. I hope we don't have to deal with Gordon resurfacing. I hope that we have come to the last of Alex and Mike butting heads.

I cannot conceive of any reason why Harvey would suggest making Mike, the person whose fraudacity is forcing Jessica to accept disbarment, into a senior partner when he has only been a legitimate jr partner for what, a year? How did they handwave him into becoming an actual attorney, incidentally?  I binged a whole bunch of the first half of the season and don't remember if they said.

Jessica's disbarment is on all of them not just Mike.  And despite everything Mike has kicked alot of ass at that firm. I'm not surprised Harvey suggested him.

I know the original conceit of "let's get a brilliant non-lawyer with a photographic memory to fake his way through things at a law firm so snotty it only accepts Harvard Law grads" has some suspension of disbelief required.

But in the world where Suits is, that secret caused 1) Mike to go to jail 2) the original firm to all but implode 3) Jessica's disbarment when she admitted that she knew that Mike was a fraud. It potentially could still cause Harvey and Louis to be disbarred.

I get that out of personal friendship and loyalty, Pearson Specter Litt (soon to be Specter Litt) might overlook Mike being a felon and all this hardship to bring him on in the first place, or even at a junior partner role. I get that he's been doing pretty darn well. The 120 million settlement he got for his client in this episode probably means a nice chunk of change for PSL, for example.

But IMO even thinking about promoting him to be a senior partner within less than a year of his being in the Big House is crazy, no matter how much ass he's kicked and no matter what their friendship might be.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I know the original conceit of "let's get a brilliant non-lawyer with a photographic memory to fake his way through things at a law firm so snotty it only accepts Harvard Law grads" has some suspension of disbelief required.

But in the world where Suits is, that secret caused 1) Mike to go to jail 2) the original firm to all but implode 3) Jessica's disbarment when she admitted that she knew that Mike was a fraud. It potentially could still cause Harvey and Louis to be disbarred.

I get that out of personal friendship and loyalty, Pearson Specter Litt (soon to be Specter Litt) might overlook Mike being a felon and all this hardship to bring him on in the first place, or even at a junior partner role. I get that he's been doing pretty darn well. The 120 million settlement he got for his client in this episode probably means a nice chunk of change for PSL, for example.

But IMO even thinking about promoting him to be a senior partner within less than a year of his being in the Big House is crazy, no matter how much ass he's kicked and no matter what their friendship might be.

I'm just saying that it's not that far fetched that Mike would be considered.

On ‎29‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 11:35 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

There is much sense in this, but the problem isn't in the kiss itself (also Rachel kissed Mike when he had a girlfriend) but Harvey and Donna's emotional closeness. Although I otherwise believe that women and men can be friends, Harvey and Donna are so close that they both are unable to have a permanent relationship with other people, only having sex with them.

It has been evident for long that Donna is in love with Harvey. So I don't think it's wrong from her to sort out if he feels the same. Only, the kiss wasn't the best way, because one can get a physical reaction also without love. And afterwards she lied about it.

I think that Donna is wasting her life with Harvey and she made a mistake by returning to his secretary.

Now she should have said honestly that she loves him but if he doesn't feel the same, they should take some distance from each other.    

On ‎29‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Good Queen Jane said:

Damn Royal Wedding! I cringed every time Mike and Rachel kissed, thinking how she was cheating on Harry and what the British press would make of it. But they have the best relationship on the show.

I am astonished that Markle is called a feminist for her role as Rachel is a typical girlfriend which in this show is always secondary to Mike's relationship with Harvey. 

I don't see Mike and Rachel's relationship as good. In this episode, Mike wanted Rachel to "support him" by "trusting in his insticts", not to give her honest opinion. In short, he demanded that she acts like a loyal girlfriend in the workplace, not like a collegue whose second opinion he wants to hear and values even if they disagree. And then of course Rachel, although busy with her own cases, takes time to solve Mike's case for him, thus proving his insticts were right all along.   

On 8/1/2018 at 8:06 AM, Roseanna said:

I am astonished that Markle is called a feminist for her role as Rachel is a typical girlfriend which in this show is always secondary to Mike's relationship with Harvey. 

I don't think it's for her role as Rachel that Markle is called a feminist.

When she was in middle school, she wrote to a CBS station complaining about a dishwashing commercial that boasted of making women's work much easier because she thought it should be for both men and women.   The station did interviews with her and others and a couple of years later the commercial was changed to include men doing dishes too.  She's done other activist things; I think she addressed the UN at one point too.