Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Chapter Seventy-Nine

After Jane, Rafael, Petra and JR all go out together, Jane is bothered to learn that JR doesn't like her. Jane and Rafael brush off a big relationship moment, but they both try to make up for it in different ways. Rogelio is nervous to tell Darci that he is no longer able to be a "Danny" so he uses Xo as a scapegoat landing him in hot water with both Xo and Darci. Meanwhile, Jane helps Alba secretly prepare for the biggest test in her life.

Promo:

I've always been a Jane and Rafael fan and I'm glad the said I love you and moving in together but I hate that Jane forgot the anniversary of Michael's death. I wish they'd found any other way to show how happy Jane is with Rafael. I feel like especially with Xo's possible mortality hanging over the recent past she'd never forget it.

• Love 4

Yeah, I like how Jane and Rafael's relationship is progressing, but I dont want it to be at the expense of Michael's memory. Just thinking about Michael still makes my heart hurt, I dont want to think that even the characters have moved on! 

They totally named that nanny Felecia just so they could get Mario Lopez to say "bye Felecia", and I cant say it wasn't worth it. 

Awwww Jane and Petra love each other. And Alba is a citizen! The founding fathers, the statue of liberty, and Obama approve!

• Love 6

I know they've only had a few scenes but I kind of love Petra's twins, their acting is spot-on mini-Petra. I also kind of love that Petra admitted she doesn't like kids (with the exception of her own), so many times women who are previously not into children turn do ta total 180 on the subject once they become mothers - it's perfectly possible (and reasonable) to love your own kids without loving kids in general!

The overall mood of this episode was so happy that I knew they were setting up something bad to happen. Sigh, I guess being a telenovela they can't let everyone be too happy too long.

• Love 3

I was worried after Jane told Petra she loved her that Raf was going to accuse Jane of "oh so now you're telling everyone you love them!" so I was relieved when he didn't do that - and even his "Petra got a bigger I love you than I did" was somewhat jokey. I feel like even with that interchange and the Michael aspect, he still *believed* her that she loved him.

Poor Alba. But I don't blame Jorge either. 

I will be soooo curious to see the family dynamic now that Alba will be living alone and Jane will not have her mom or grandma for backup. But she will also be living with her child's father so the split custody will be so much easier. I am also curious how this affects Mateo - that's the only real home he's ever had (or will remember, anyway). He may love having his parents in the same house, but he might miss the parent-specific time he gets with each of them. 

Yael is the best. <WHISPER> "I heard about those 4s!" ha!

Also, it appears that all of Zoe Hart's formal shorts have gone to Miami to die. 

• Love 3

My main take-away from this episode is that Mario Lopez looks amazing!!! He's 44 and could still play a high school teenager without raising too many eyebrows. I suppose Jaime Calim is aged up to be believable as Gina Rodriguez' father but it was still hard to believe that he and Lopez are the same age as Lopez looks almost the exact same as he did in Saved by the Bell.

• Love 2

I thought this episode was so great. If you had told me in season one that Jane and Petra's relationship would be one of my favorites, I would have laughed in your face but it's absolutely true. I loved everything about their interactions on this episode. That I love you scene was so sweet and funny. Petra giving Jane that kiss on the forehead was comedy gold. 

I'm also very happy about Jafael's I love you as well. It was very sweet and natural as it should be. I'm kind of glad that they dealt with the anniversary of Michael's death the way they did. It seemed pretty realistic tbh.

Life goes on. When a loved one does, as much as you love them, you're probably not going to be sad forever. You will be happy again. You will find love again. I liked that she remembered and wrote about him. 

So glad that Alba passed her test with flying colors. It's too bad about Jorge but I respect his rebuffing her, she broke his heart.

I hate Petra's mom. The show is dramatic enough without her popping up every couple of months to try and ruin her daughter's life.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, blugirlami21 said:

Petra giving Jane that kiss on the forehead was comedy gold. 

That was the cherry on top of that scene! I loved that Petra was so taken aback by Jane's declaration of love but we all knew that she was not so secretly pleased about it. Despite how uncomfortable she was (especially since Jane said it pretty loudly at work), she still gave her that little peck on the forehead before hurrying off. So cute!

• Love 2

I love how this show has a multi-generational and modern family who loves each other.  Also, I think this is the first show that I have seen that is showing the aftermath of having a mastectomy.  As much as people's lives are affected by cancer and we see the pink ribbons and 5K runs and all of that, I'm sure that a lot of people have never thought about the actual treatment and recovery.

Ro and his baby-mama (cannot remember her  name) were very funny, especially when they were trying to talk in a mature and productive way.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 1:01 AM, blugirlami21 said:

I hate Petra's mom. The show is dramatic enough without her popping up every couple of months to try and ruin her daughter's life.

Agreed. Magda annoys me. Wish Aneska had fallen on her and both of them got wiped out.

• Love 1
On 4/8/2018 at 3:18 PM, Olivia Y said:

I also kind of love that Petra admitted she doesn't like kids (with the exception of her own), so many times women who are previously not into children turn do ta total 180 on the subject once they become mothers - it's perfectly possible (and reasonable) to love your own kids without loving kids in general!

That may have been my favorite moment in this episode if only because I feel the same way and have always felt like that means there is something not normal about me, since the depictions of mothers in media are often black and white--either you are a good mom who loves kids or you are a selfish, kid-hating non-mother. It's not just loving/liking your own kids vs. other kids, it also can apply to grandchildren. You always hear about how women can't wait to be grandmothers, but I had no interest in it. However, when my granddaughter was born 2 years ago, I fell totally in love with her and wish I could see her, talk to her, and cuddle with her every day. (Unfortunately, she lives in another country.) I don't dislike other children, but I still feel uncomfortable around them and have no desire to spend time with them. Like Petra and J.R., I'm just not a "kids person."