Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Quit Buggin' Me

• Start Topic

The failed high five between Jeremy and Steve was a highlight.

Weren't the three women in Jeremy's tattoo supposed to be different ages? Because that didn't happen.

The coaches' three insects were all excellent. Did Dave's support for Anthony swing Peck and Nunez? It seemed like they were originally leaning towards DJ.

I had some kind of feeling about the judges saying they didn't want to eliminate Frank. They did it in the end, but it makes me wonder how much they let their personal feelings about the contestants affect their decisions. Nunez certainly has shown his biases both for and against certain artists.

• Love 4

Has this season been going on for 6 months now? Sure seems like it. 

Josh may be an ass, but he sure is smooth with the canvases. So much of this show is spent on strategizing for the skull pick, botching about previous skull picks, and freaking out about which skull you are going to get during the actual pick. Josh just waves it off. If he wasn't on team DJ douchenozzle, he might have won me over. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, 2727 said:

Weren't the three women in Jeremy's tattoo supposed to be different ages? Because that didn't happen.

The coaches' three insects were all excellent. Did Dave's support for Anthony swing Peck and Nunez? It seemed like they were originally leaning towards DJ.

I had some kind of feeling about the judges saying they didn't want to eliminate Frank. They did it in the end, but it makes me wonder how much they let their personal feelings about the contestants affect their decisions. Nunez certainly has shown his biases both for and against certain artists.

I was wondering why...Anthony's was by far the most superior...it looked amazing and was quite a beautiful tattoo and I am someone that hates bugs.

Kleen probably was an example of a Judge's favorite that got way too many chances. He lost to Jason primarily because he thought he could ignore the brief about doing photo realism for the final tattoo and he would still get the win,

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

Just two thoughts:

I liked Anthony’s big the most-the translucent wings were beautiful and it looked like it could fly off at any minute, and no matter what you think about him personally, Josh can do beautiful work. That rose was lovely.

Anthony’s big, I mean.

Bug bug bug! Damn autocorrect!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, hkit said:

Has this season been going on for 6 months now? Sure seems like it. 

Josh may be an ass, but he sure is smooth with the canvases. So much of this show is spent on strategizing for the skull pick, botching about previous skull picks, and freaking out about which skull you are going to get during the actual pick. Josh just waves it off. If he wasn't on team DJ douchenozzle, he might have won me over. 

Josh said to the canvas that mandalas are over-used or something like that. And then he talks her into a rose?!? I bet one out of four people that you walk up to on the street have some type of rose tattoo! Unbelievable!

• Love 8

Josh must have really strong back muscles from carrying Team DJ all season long. I know a lot of people dislike Josh, but he's playing the game just right. I did find it amusing that DJ does the most grandstanding amongst the coaches, yet has the worst report card for Flash Challenges. Now we know why he isn't a real Ink Master, but a Co-Ink Master. It should be obvious to everyone that DJ rode Bubba's coattails to Master Shop.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:34 PM, 2727 said:

The failure itself was great, but the olive branch was pure baloney hijinx. Steve has been breaking Jeremy's balls all season, including just getting off of blatantly trying to have him eliminated due to bias. I'm not saying that Jeremy should've (or even could've) defected to another team, but it's clear that Steve doesn't have his back at all. Steve was just in pure panic and damage control mode because he has only two artists left, them being some of the weaker competitors in the house no less. 

Edited by MuMuGuy
  • Love 4

Josh said to the canvas that mandalas are over-used or something like that. And then he talks her into a rose?!? I bet one out of four people that you walk up to on the street have some type of rose tattoo! Unbelievable!

Mandalas are so cliche and played...maybe you should get a heart-shaped tattoo that says "Mom" or how about a sailor's anchor like Popeye?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, 4N6MAL said:

That was what actually made it so brilliant. Usually when we see the artists trying to talk the canvas out of something, they are going on about how it can't be done in 6 hours, they'll leave with an incomplete piece, blah blah blah. It becomes about their limitations, and that's why the difficult canvases dig in their heels. Josh is an evil genius where he basically insults the design (even if in a passive aggressive way) and has them questioning their design choice so much that they don't bother asking things like, "Aren't roses cliche? Why does the octopus have to be in a jar? Do humpback whales and hot air balloons go together?"

Edited by hkit
  • Love 5

So, like, three times in explaining the challenge, they say the tattoo must be on the sternum. 

They were not allowed to talk the canvas out of moving it.

Nunez even said "the bulk of the tattoo" must be over the bone in the chest.

And yet several people went with "upper belly" tattoos and not "sternum" tattoos. The sternum does not extend more than an inch below the nipple line. Everyone who put the bulk of their tattoo below the chest level should have been called out for it. Or, if not, why waste so much show time on rules you're going to ignore?

Edited by Charlesman
  • Love 5
On 3/21/2018 at 2:34 PM, 2727 said:

I think they really respected Frank and knew he was better than certain artists still in the competition, but he easily put up the worst tattoo of the day and had to go home.  As much as I liked Frank I am glad he went home as it showed the integrity of the judging that if you do the worst tattoo you go home.

Not sure Juan deserved the win for his tattoo, while I thought the heart was great, the clouds looked horrible as a border, not sure why he added them

Edited by dstann

Josh's rose may have been pretty and well executed but it is not an ideal choice for that canvas. I have a sternum piece myself and my artist took what I wanted and talked me around on some aspects of it based on what it would enhance and what it would not regarding my bodyshape. That rose is far too big too low for that woman for it to be flattering. Plus he's a twatwaffle :-p

Juan's win was pretty heavily telegraphed. Nice work on the heart but the red rays and clouds didn't appeal to me.

Feel bad for Frank but it was the correct call, effin DJ and his willingness to overlook trauma based on his 'ability to see into the future', asshat.

• Love 4