Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: The List

I’m rooting for Cyrus. At least he’s unapologetically evil instead of evil trying to parade around like a white hat.

Like I’m supposed to care Charlie might be falsely imprisoned? Talk to me about Amanda Tanner first. 

Wow. This episode gave me something I didn't think was possible with Scandal anymore- genuine enjoyment in the episode. I liked the blend of political intrigue and scandal investigation. It almost felt like a pleasurable throwback to seasons of yore. Cyrus is quite diabolical with his plan. It's like he has thought of everything at the moment. I still can't see how this will end in any way other than Cyrus's death, but at least for this episode, I'm interested to see where it goes. 

• Love 7

I agree, this felt like old-school Scandal. I forgot how much I missed the case of the week.

Good for Marcus for knowing GVF stood for "gluten-free vegan" right away. I didn't!

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, deaja said:

Like I’m supposed to care Charlie might be falsely imprisoned? Talk to me about Amanda Tanner first. 

It might be a nice bit of symmetry if the show ends by taking Cyrus down for the murder of Amanda Tanner since that's how it all started.

• Love 5

I think the best ending (not a spoiler as I don’t think the show has the guts to do this and would rather paint all but Cyrus as white hats) would be each of them who deserves to be in jail (so all but Teddy?) ends up in jail for a crime they didn’t commit. It would be a form of poetic justice for all the cries they got away with.

15 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Legit thought "Who is Teddy?" for a few seconds until I remembered. The Grants never mention their kids!

I keep wondering where Robin is, since Quinn and Charlie are always working. Or is Papa Pope keeping her amused by having her watch him reassemble his BONES? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, doram said:

Mellie's constant back pain made me think we'd find out that she's being poisoned... so the "reveal" that its point was to damsel her enough to become attractive to Jake was a let-down.

I was disappointed in the "back pain" story too, and was hoping for a bigger payoff than yoga poses.  

• Love 2
On 3/18/2018 at 9:58 AM, Ohwell said:

I was disappointed in the "back pain" story too, and was hoping for a bigger payoff than yoga poses.  

I thought it was relatable, oddly enough. I’ve also tweaked my back doing yoga and it’s super embarrassing to admit. 

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this episode. I hate Liv and Fitz as a couple, but enjoy them as colleagues and friends.

I wasn’t a fan of their conversation about whether he was “inappropriate”. This is a man who had no qualms showing up at her house at all hours with secret service when she asked him not to. He moved her into the White House without consulting her.  Fitz has issues with the word “no”.  

I wish they hadn’t included that scene, or at least had Liv call out some of Fitzs predatory behavior.    It would have been nice to see Fitz realize that he was part of the problem; for that to be a bigger catalyst for him to work to make things better on the hill. 

Mellies take down of Jake was a thing of beauty, and I say that as someone who usually likes Jake. I’m glad Mellie saw through his bullshit and dragged him. 

7 hours ago, LeeLeePanda said:

I wasn’t a fan of their conversation about whether he was “inappropriate”. This is a man who had no qualms showing up at her house at all hours with secret service when she asked him not to. He moved her into the White House without consulting her.  Fitz has issues with the word “no”.  

I wish they hadn’t included that scene, or at least had Liv call out some of Fitzs predatory behavior.    It would have been nice to see Fitz realize that he was part of the problem; for that to be a bigger catalyst for him to work to make things better on the hill. 

That could have been a final season redemption storyline in itself. Fitz asks each of the women he knows if she will tell him how she has been preyed upon. We've seen many of the stories but we'd hear them in a different context: the light of each character's awareness.

That might have gone a long way to redeem a lot. Even the legacy of a show about a black woman in a company town who "handles" powerful white guys' "misconduct" better than Harvey Weinstein's gladiators enablers ever did, and looks better doing it.