Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E29: Who Killed Fabio? (Fabio Sementilli)

• Start Topic

I didn't get a gold digger vibe from her just someone unhappy in her marriage of 20 plus years and the changes in their relationship and living in LA. This obviously doesn't make murdering her husband okay. 

On a shallow note I was not impressed with any of the hair, including Fabio's clients in this episode. 

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I really hate anyone who solves their marital problems with murder, but the ones who do it with the expectations of a big payday really make me sick.  **You know I mean the ones who kill instead of getting a divorce, not the cases of self-defense for domestic violence, etc.  This Sementilli chick couldn't just walk away with her gym boyfriend.

On top of taking a life, how much of a piece of shit you have to be to take out big insurance policies, so they will have a nice nest egg to spend after the murder.  She had gotten used to a lavish lifestyle, and would rather murder her husband than lower her standard of living with her new man.  Pure garbage the both of them.

• Like 3
  • Love 10

My DVR started this show late and cut it off right after Monica and Rob were about to be arrested. So what happened? 

They left an $8000 watch on his body. They knew to take the security DVR box that was in an unlikely place, the garage. Those were two early red flags that it was an inside job.

Was Rob Baker's DNA at the scene - blood? I missed that. 

I also missed how they arrested her because they had Rob's DNA? and he had made many calls and texts to her? I mean, even if they had the content of the texts and it looked like an affair, how did they get her on it?  I'm not saying I think she's not guilty, bc I think she is; but I missed how they knew she was involved bc there are cases where the bf of the married rich woman kills the husband. 

That Rob had a pretty sleazebag background. That's how they had his DNA on file. 

Edited by ari333
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

My DVR started this show late and cut it off right after Monica and Rob were about to be arrested. So what happened? 

They left an $8000 watch on his body. They knew to take the security DVR box that was in an unlikely place, the garage. Those were two early red flags that it was an inside job.

Was Rob Baker's DNA at the scene - blood? I missed that. 

I also missed how they arrested her because they had Rob's DNA? and he had made many calls and texts to her? I mean, even if they had the content of the texts and it looked like an affair, how did they get her on it?  I'm not saying I think she's not guilty, bc I think she is; but I missed how they knew she was involved bc there are cases where the bf of the married rich woman kills the husband. 

That Rob had a pretty sleazebag background. That's how they had his DNA on file. 

Rob's DNA was at the scene in the form of blood.  They tied Monica to it because they figured out that she gave Rob a link to the security system and her passcode.  Plus, she was watching it on her phone as it happened.  They've said that the evidence against Monica is circumstantial, but Rob had security system access, the security passcode, the security DVR is missing, and Rob and Monica were having an affair.  It doesn't take much to figure out that 2 + 2 = 4, and she's involved.

Unhappy in her marriage or not, get a divorce.  That $1.6 million in life insurance wouldn't have been enough to maintain her lifestyle anyway, even in Toronto (another expensive city).  Plus, Monica's a special kind of evil for enabling the possibility of one of her daughters finding her dad, and that turned out to happen. 

Rob and Monica's lawyers should cut a deal based on this episode alone.  They are clearly guilty, and even with a jury of 12 who haven't watched this episode, they are just postponing their inevitable fate, IMO

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2

I knew it was the wife as soon as her best friend described coming to the house as soon as she was texted by Monica, to find her and her 2 daughters lined up on chairs in a row in the dining room and Monica saying over and over "I'm not a wife anymore". Because that is the first thing one thinks when their husband is being tended to by paramedics - the police hadn't even arrived as yet according to the friend. If my husband were just murdered that last thing I would think is that I was not his wife ( or even more so, as she put it, a wife)  any longer. I would consider myself his wife for a long time after, and most likely forever if I never remarried. That was a big red flag to me - Monica had stopped thinking of herself as his wife before he was killed. Add in the over the top eulogy where Monica claimed that she was living a fairly tale that the rest of us mere mortals could only dream about, and I was rolling my eyes. People who brag about living in a fairy tale usually aren't. Poor Fabio certainly wasn't. 

I even gave a side eye to the friend and sister, only because both bugged. The friend trying to describe the manly man that was Rob was laughable. And sis? While I do believe she was devastated at the murder of her brother, sis could not squeeze out one tear, despite all the sobbing noises. Not even a kleenex in sight to dab at her dry eyes. It is like she either didn't want to ruin her make up, or was hoping to play herself in an upcoming TV movie. Because this is LA, and you know there should be one. Even Monica said so in her eulogy. 

My last thought seeing Monica in jail with her long, dry, frizzy, unkempt hair was that poor Fabio would be mortified to see that mop on his wife's head. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

And sis? While I do believe she was devastated at the murder of her brother, sis could not squeeze out one tear, despite all the sobbing noises. Not even a kleenex in sight to dab at her dry eyes. It is like she either didn't want to ruin her make up, or was hoping to play herself in an upcoming TV movie. Because this is LA, and you know there should be one. Even Monica said so in her eulogy. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Dear family and friends and especially the accused, If you can't squeeze out a tear, please just don't try to fake cry. Scrunching up your face and trying to look tortured just makes you look suspicious.

• Love 6

I enjoyed this. I've felt that most of the recent 48 Hours episodes have been pretty boring, so this was a good change.  She would have done better to divorce him- probably would have got more money. $1.6 million wouldn't last long when you've been living that kind of lifestyle for so many years and still have kids to help support.  I'm wondering when she will find out about his conviction for the sexual case with the 14 year old.  I hope this trial gets live-streamed, I will definitely watch it. It makes me think of the Sabrina Limon case.

Edited by ChristmasJones

48 HOURS updated the case this weekend, so far it's pretty much all the footage from their  episode back in 2019.

Monica Semintelli the wife has been in prison the last 7 years and awaiting trial.

The boyfriend confessed and claims she knew nothing about it.

I don't  believe that at all, he probably decided he would go down anyways and if she's free she'll put money on his books. 

• Like 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Realitystarr said:

I don't  believe that at all, he probably decided he would go down anyways and if she's free she'll put money on his books. 

Yeah, the evidence is pretty overwhelming, IMO. Not sure if that one lady was part of the defense team or just put there to offer "expert" defense techniques but, she was annoying.  I kept rolling my eyes at her defense/excuses.  🤦‍♀️

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, the evidence is pretty overwhelming, IMO. Not sure if that one lady was part of the defense team or just put there to offer "expert" defense techniques but, she was annoying.  I kept rolling my eyes at her defense/excuses.  🤦‍♀️

Right I could not stand her and all her gaslighting.  Oh just because they were having an affair doesn't mean anything and not damning at all she kept saying with a straight face. 

Lady, every armchair detective and the police themselves always look at the spouse first especially when they're in the throes of a year long+affair. 

• Like 1