Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Commercial

While it was awesome that Dale got the bitch slap he well deserved, I was a little taken aback that Ken was the one to dole it out. I know that sweet, mild-mannered Ken was only sticking up for Christine but it was ... weird. 

I felt sorry for Chip when Christine dismissed him during their (what amounted to) one-sided conversation about doing the commercial. And while the initial commercial idea was shitty and stupid, I'm surprised given how fun Ken's 1980's-esque commercial was, that that was the best he could come up with. I did absolutely love the final product though. Now, I don't know if I would have loved it so much if I was the intended audience who'd have interest in going to a rodeo but as a viewer and fan of Christine's, it was awesome. 

It makes me laugh that Dale considers himself a captain of industry when he ran a school that gave classes in "knife law." 

And Dale was ousted from his job at the school, so it's not like he can brag of his success with anything to back it up.

I thought Christine was going to ask to see the footage of the slap, but I guess maybe they weren't still filming when it happened.

• Love 2

Everyone getting scared by the skeleton at the door of the costume store was hilarious! And it still kept working after Dale beat the shit out of it. That clerk was so unfazed because "my parents are bikers."

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Dale getting a slap on the mouth is the single greatest 2 seconds in this show's history! I wish he would die a horrible, painful, humiliating death. 

That was as satisfying as when Tyrion slapped Joffrey in Game of Thrones.

I felt so bad for Ken. Dale deserved it, and I was sad that Christine turned on Ken. I assume this has to do with her father.

10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

It makes me laugh that Dale considers himself a captain of industry when he ran a school that gave classes in "knife law." 

Those classes were pretty hilarious.

I loved Ken's Carpet King commercial. Very well done. I think his rodeo commercial wasn't all that special, but it was functional. Christine's was rather sweet.

I cracked up along with Ken and Christine when she suggested that Chip name his new clown Clumso.

I didn't mind Christine's bangs, but I much preferred her previous hairstyle.

• Love 4

I love that Christine is not a pushover for Ken...even though he's the nicest man ever.  He hit her kid, even though they're aduls, it's still a deal breaker issue sometimes,  depending on circumstances.  Family loyalty, blah blah blah. 

I hope Ken stays around though.  

I like her new-found pride and perspective  of her role as CEO and President of the rodeo.  The Women's Conference was very helpful to her self-respect. 

Her bangs grew on me  and now I like them.  

Where was Martha this episode????

Louie/Christine. is a goddess. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 3

I gotta say I got a little farklempt when Ken slapped Dale. I think it’s because Christine deals with so much crap and has such shitty people in her life (her father, Dale, her mean girl friends, her adopted twin sons who don’t really care about her) yet just soldiers on, it was just so gratifying to see someone else stand up for her. 

• Love 2

This was such a gratifying episode BUT I missed Ken immediately. Louis is so impressive as Christine that I keep forgetting that she is a 'he'. He has nailed the oblivious, self-centred elderly mom who means well. I swear he took notes on my mom. I do have to confess that today has been my 'introduction' to Baskets and I am into hour six of my marathon viewing. WOW! I have been living under a rock! What else could explain my late arrival to this Baskets family?  This is such an impressive series, and the acting is superb. I feel like I am spying on the dysfunctional family that lives next door.

• Love 3