Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Spanks for the Memories

I have to agree, and at least with Cam and Mitch and the expensive piano. It was them trying to show off Mitch's new job instead of: "It's so rare and expensive, let's buy it." Least they could return it. Truth be told Alex was great this episode, but they have really been putting Phil into: "I'm a wimp and getting trampled on by people this season." Seriously, the girl running the game shop I would have been: "Oh go to hell, it's a free spot, get over yourself." 

• Love 5

I thought the episode of Modern Family was the funniest I have seen in a long time. The spanking was hilarious. Phil was getting bullied through a board game, even though they seemed to be having fun and becoming friends, she did make all Phil's snakes jump out. Claire climbing on top of the piano. Lots of good physical gags.

• Love 7

I found this episode very flat with the exception of Claire jumping on the fake piano.  Cam and Mitchell's friends are far more forgiving than I am as I would not be happy after being locked in the bathroom for so long and would have tried to get the hinges off of the door to get out.  Weren't there about 10 people shut in the bathroom?  I am so tired of Alex's need to be the smartest person in the room-it's realistic of someone her age being overly impressed with herself, but we've seen it over and over to the point that I'm just like "then go do something brilliant instead of telling us how brilliant you are."  The problem with being so self-impressed is that there is always going to be someone who is even more brilliant.  She has continually been exasperated with her parents without an acknowledgement of what her parents know or about their accomplishments.

• Love 10

I don't like kids using bad language in shows but actually laughed out loud when Joe yelled,' WHAT THE HELLLLLL?!" in a Gloria type voice!!  That's about all I have on this episode.  Everything else was so predictable.

• Love 5

"I call it the Chitti Chitti Bang Bang". 

Claire jumping on the piano was hysterical, I could not stop laughing. Just such a great physical gag. 

Joe is back to being funny again, thank God. Lets hope his brief foyer into becoming Manny Jr. was just some kind of sugar high brought on by cheap Valentines Day candy, and we get fun Joe back now.

• Love 2
On 3/8/2018 at 9:18 AM, seacliffsal said:

I found this episode very flat with the exception of Claire jumping on the fake piano

Agreed. That was the only LOL moment for me. But the whole Cam/Mitch plot just felt off. Where was that piano supposed to permanently reside? There is not room in that house so the whole premise was dumb to me. Locking everyone in the bathroom while the piano is moved? That's not a task that takes 5 minutes - they were in there at least an hour. And I don't even know how that got through their door. I realize I'm overanalyzing but it just was a dumb dumb plot.

And Mitch/Cam have sex fully clothed (or at least wearing shirts)? That seemed off too especially since they apparently did some wild sex act.

Joe is still cute.

On 3/8/2018 at 6:18 AM, seacliffsal said:

I am so tired of Alex's need to be the smartest person in the room-it's realistic of someone her age being overly impressed with herself, but we've seen it over and over to the point that I'm just like "then go do something brilliant instead of telling us how brilliant you are."  The problem with being so self-impressed is that there is always going to be someone who is even more brilliant.

That's not what I saw in this episode.  She was thinking of applying to an insanely prestigious fellowship (which would get her a job at any company in the world), which was insanely difficult (the burn-out rate was tremendous) and wanted support from her dad, who has always been her rock, and who came through in the end.  Alex usually is the brightest person in the room, but is extremely not confident.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jhlipton said:

That's not what I saw in this episode.  She was thinking of applying to an insanely prestigious fellowship (which would get her a job at any company in the world), which was insanely difficult (the burn-out rate was tremendous) and wanted support from her dad, who has always been her rock, and who came through in the end.  Alex usually is the brightest person in the room, but is extremely not confident.

How I saw it too. Especially when she was talking about how the last person was only wearing a set of googles because they had a breakdown. 

2 hours ago, readster said:

How I saw it too. Especially when she was talking about how the last person was only wearing a set of googles because they had a breakdown. 

She was only wearing googles on a hiking path (American Trail, or something like that)!

6 hours ago, jhlipton said:

She was only wearing googles on a hiking path (American Trail, or something like that)!

I think she said the Freedom Trail (a historical walk through downtown Boston where one can see stuff like the Paul Revere House, Old North Church, and Faneuil Hall). Didn’t she say the opportunity was at MIT?

I thought the conversation between Jay and Claire was awkward and borderline inappropriate. What daughter wants to hear that?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

I think she said the Freedom Trail (a historical walk through downtown Boston where one can see stuff like the Paul Revere House, Old North Church, and Faneuil Hall). Didn’t she say the opportunity was at MIT?

Yeah, I think you're right!

I thought the Gloria and Jay story was hilarious. 

And I liked the visual gag of Claire and the piano. 

Was a bit annoyed though about Claire bragging about "breaking the glass ceiling".  Yes, she did, in a way.  But her dad hired her to take over his own business.  She put in what, 2-3 years, before being the head of the company.  Not exactly climbing your way to the top on your own. 

• Love 5