Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E14: Chasing Demons

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, QueenMab said:

The simple answer to your questions about whether or not anybody ( Cassidy, Rollins, Benson, even Cragen) would be hired  or kept on with NYPD or the DA's office is no…

Yes. However, living in the Chicago area where long term corruption in the department has been topic here of investigative journalism, law suits, etc., I can except that it might only now begin to be dealt with in the show's universe, and maybe this episode's introduction of the new ADA will usher in a sea change—or at least a little course correction.    But, yeah, seriously, to be realistic, the writers should have all along at least had some character acknowledge that when someone behaves as Cassidy did and still keeps his job, that he is definitely getting away with something that he shouldn't be. 

I'm surprised the show didn't have Olivia smugly show up set.  Holiday when they proved it wasn't cassidy (not that I wanted it)  just usually the show can't help showing how superior Olivia is... So I hope she shows back up to the throw shade svu's way... But plz lord don't have her show up and then thru an episode come to love  all of  them like so many other visiting cops.. She could mellow out but  I don't need another member if Lt.  Benson of assault victims saints

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ChristiKRN said:

Cassidy losing it on the stand was beyond ridiculous; he's not a newbie, so it should not have shocked him to be baited by a defense attorney.  Heck, the lawyer barely had to expend any energy to get Cassidy to lose it. 

Which makes me wonder, why have Cassidy testify at all. He didn't seem to say much of anything that Olivia hadn't already said. And if the victims themselves were already testifying what more did he have to offer. 

• Love 1

DEAN WINTERS Y U YELL ALL UR LINES???

Seriously, though, why was he cranked up to 11 except for the last couple minutes? The whole episode, I was thinking "Didn't I like Cassidy at one time? Wasn't Dean Winters a good actor in other stuff too? What's going on?"

The episode wasn't completely terrible, I guess. Points awarded to Cassidy for his drunken mockery of St. Olivia in the bar, and to Stone for not having any of SVU's shit (for now). Interesting that the victim's mother's kinda-boyfriend wasn't actually the killer, just a link in the chain. Usually whenever someone has a "throwaway" scene like that, it's because it's not a throwaway scene at all and they're actually the perp. Nice for them not to go for the obvious for a change. 

Doesn't Rollins have her own kid she can take out for pancakes?

I had to laugh at the previews with Olivia telling Carisi that his credibility is at zero. HEY OLIVIA, REMEMBER THAT TIME LAST WEEK YOU HID YOUR MURDER SUSPECT EX-BOYFRIEND IN YOUR APARTMENT FOR TWO DAYS? AND ALSO, ALL THAT OTHER STUFF OVER THE YEARS?

Sorry for all the all caps in this post, but man. This show sometimes. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think Stone had Cassidy up there just to give more information about the case, he did provide a bit more information than Benson did, and to corroborate the victim’s stories. Cassidy though has never been professional and has frequently done stupid shit, and it wasn’t OOC for him to meltdown, he deserves to get fired though for his tantrum. 

I thought this episode was one of the best SVU has done in a while, Peter Stone is the spark the show needs and he isn’t afraid to criticize and call out SVU, I just hope he stays that way, and I liked how they finally pointed out the hypocrisy of Benson, Rollins, Cassidy and SVU as a whole, it’s the first time any of them have been called on their unprofessional behavior in a while. The plot was solid as well, well executed episode for a fairly unoriginal premise, and I like how it was Fin who solved it with no help from Benson. I think this episode did have the most yelling SVU has had in a while, but the tension is what the show needed, I would rather have tension than have Benson whisper “Rafa do this, Rafa do that” which is what we had when Barba was on.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 1

I quite liked this one, great performance from Dean Winters who really struck you as someone who is beginning to fall apart, all the little tics, you wonder why he just doesn't quit, take his pension and become a PI in some sleepy town? He says to 'The Great Olivia Benson' what many of us have been saying for so long. Nice to have Stone and the female detective finally say the right thing to Benson and co, that the ex-lover of the suspect shouldn't be involved in the investigation. You wonder though why he didn't insist on taking Cassidy down to IA?

That said, totally lame the way Cassidy then confesses to having been abused himself, can't we have someone without a tragic backstory for once? 

• Love 2