Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Summer

Wow, this was depressing.  It was nice to see a teen couple having a baby, who hadn't met a week ago and who seemed to actually have love for each other. But boy, were they dim.  Just when I'd think Summer was somewhat bright, she'd have trouble with what sounded like a simple math problem or she'd act like Oregon wasn't an actually place.  And DJ seemed like a decent guy, till he bought that damn dog. 

I felt so bad for Summer when her mom met her for supper, high.  And when her mom and others were harping about how bad labor hurt, as she was in labor.  

I know from experience that transferring a newborn by ambulance isn't cheap, nor is a NICU stay.  I doubt any of them were insured.  Our tax dollars at work.

Where was Summer's dad?  And how did they not notice the bugs all over that crib before they bought it?!  You're gonna be laying your kid in that thing... wouldn't you make sure it didn't have screws missing, of bugs infesting it.  Yuck!  

• Love 1

Did Summer really pronounce the 'g' Virginia like it's pronounced in 'good'? Smh. So sad. It was nice to see a couple not arguing every few minutes.

Is Summer's mom even in some kind of rehab program? I thought she was trying to kick her addiction on her own, which clearly isn't working. Although she might start out with the best intentions, She really needs to be in rehab or she will continue her habits.

I felt really sorry for this girl.  She has not been dealt an easy hand.  She has very little to work with.  She is very fortunate that her boyfriend and his family were so supportive. 

I was really shocked when, out of nowehere, DJ decided he would get a puppy.  I kept waiting for his mother to say "Absolutely not!  You'll have a newborn soon!" but she didn't! 

Did Summer mention she wanted to go to college?  I can't see her succeeding in college.

I don't understand where DJ came up with $85 to buy a puppy (which, the fact that he even thought that was a good idea...) when they had just purchased a crib for their infant child (full of bugs and not full of screws) for $30 because money was tight.  They both seem like nice people with good intentions and who will try to do the best they can for the baby, but the life decisions here, yeesh.  I guess it's impossible for us as viewers to understand the family dynamics going on, but I did wish for Summer's sake that his mom would have just flat out told him he couldn't get it - it was still her house, after all.

There are lots of four-year colleges that will allow you to enter with a GED. But you need to have, you know, some intelligence to make that work. I don't think it bodes well that she couldn't handle high school work while looking after Payton. College work is going to be harder, and there's no GED shortcut to a diploma. It's true that Payton will start sleeping through the night, but he'll also start napping less, running around the house, talking to her, and generally demanding more attention from his mom, not less. I mean, I agree that she seems to mean well, so good luck to her, but that's a daunting life she's chosen, even for someone with a lot more skills than she's got...

I kept wondering why there were subtitles, and then I remembered, I'm from south Georgia, and went to college in the town where she had the baby.  

And the girl from last week was from metro Atlanta - what the hell, MTV?

They aren't divorced. She caught him cheating a few weeks ago, but he said it was because he thought she was too. Sigh. But, like a lot of clueless girls, takes him back, but "beat the girls ass".  Summer, hon, she owes you nothing.  He's the one that made the promise to you.

I did read her ask.fm site and she's going to "college" for cosmetology. They bought a new crib. Mom just got probation. Her mom was also a teen mom and all 3 of those girls are her half sisters. They have the same dad, but she doesn't.  Her mom had a daughter a year after her.  She also has 2 other half sisters on her dads side.