Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Little Girl Lost

While Miss Grassle and Miss Stewart did outstanding jobs playing the mother and teacher upset over the fate of this lost child, I couldn't help but get the late Mr. Landon's frustration at trying to have a serious moment with Carrie once she was found- inasmuch as she seemed to respond as though she was annoyed having been interrupted from playing with Play-Doh instead of being a young pioneer girl who'd nearly lost her life and had just been reunited with her family! I also think somehow the entire plot would have worked better had it been Melissa Gilbert's Laura that had fallen down the well as the latter was a phenomenal child performer!

I must have seen this in its original airing (dear god, I'm Old), because I remember being allowed to stay up past my bedtime for it. My mom was a stickler for bedtimes, so I am sure me and Sis were HYSTERICAL WITH TERROR at Carrie's fate. I was about six, and this was some gripping Baby Jessica shit. Very surprising, to grow up and find the world was not riddled with abandoned wells, mineshafts, and pools of quicksand imperiling your every step!

I don't remember this episode at all but I remember Nancy falling into a well.  Do I have that right?

I don't know if it was a well. She definitely fell into something while Willie was chasing her around.

• Love 1

While Miss Grassle and Miss Stewart did outstanding jobs playing the mother and teacher upset over the fate of this lost child, I couldn't help but get the late Mr. Landon's frustration at trying to have a serious moment with Carrie once she was found- inasmuch as she seemed to respond as though she was annoyed having been interrupted from playing with Play-Doh instead of being a young pioneer girl who'd nearly lost her life and had just been reunited with her family! I also think somehow the entire plot would have worked better had it been Melissa Gilbert's Laura that had fallen down the well as the latter was a phenomenal child performer!

They were 6 years old. They very well may have been annoyed to be disturbed at most of their friends had not yet had to enter the working force. I guess that's what happens when you decide that your child(ren) need a career when they're 4 years old. On the other hand, Melissa Gilbert was 12. Probably a bit old to be falling down wells.