Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Chin up

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Thank goodness. For once I agreed with Oliver -- we were all tired of seeing Lil' D in the bottom!

Admittedly, I skip most of the couch arguments and contestant sniping, but I don't think Daniel has been nearly as snotty and cocksure as Josh has. Daniel's attitude sure got him on Anthony's bad side, though. Don't piss off people with the power to put you up for elimination, folks!

Much nicer tattoos this week all around.

• Love 2

I just got a tat that included the inside of my elbow and my eyeballs rolled so far back in my head from pain I thought I burst all the blood vessels in them. There is no way I could sit still for a neck tat, especially one that had many thick lines. Bravo to the clients.

I have also had the bad fortune of having an artist chew up the skin over my ankle bone and it took months for the pain to go away and for it to heal (badly). The judges SHOULD take that into consideration when judging the tats. It seems like they did with Daniel's but since they liked Josh's design, gave him a pass.

For all of Lil' D's talk, that Statute of Liberty wasn't even close to being traditional. At least it will be easy to cover up.

• Love 3

It feels all kinds of wrong, but I'm finding Steve kind of...hot..this season. Maybe because I find most everybody else either irritating or meh. And I really don't like DJ. I don't remember disliking him last season, but maybe Bubba gets the credit for that.

I was all ready to rant about how many times Lil D could be on the bottom and skate by...but then they eliminated him. Can't argue with that choice.

• Love 1

I think if you cut, fold, spindle, or mutilate the skin, you should automatically be on the bottom.  Josh should have gone down, too.  The judges can then use the time to determine if the skin trauma was bad enough to merit sending someone home.  But send a message - skin trauma is serious and avoiding it is  a vital part of tattooing.  It's going to happen - mistakes happen - but the tattooers should be trying to minimize the chance of it happening.

Edited by AlliePK
grammer is gud.
  • Love 8

I thought the owl was lovely but (and it REALLY pains me to admit this) I agreed with mouthyJosh that it kinda skipped the designated area.

Lil D's looked like a watercolour done only in greywash.  Josh's bird wasn't great IMO. I may have bad dreams about that goat. Couldn't read the koi well at all.

The undead samurai was the pick of the bunch for me, the kid-friendly cartoony one was good also.

Anyone who traumatises skin should be in the bottom automatically.

AlliPK has it right - send them to the bottom and discuss from there.

• Love 2
On 2/15/2018 at 9:06 AM, AlliePK said:

I think if you cut, fold, spindle, or mutilate the skin, you should automatically be on the bottom.  Josh should have gone down, too.  The judges can then use the time to determine if the skin trauma was bad enough to merit sending someone home.  But send a message - skin trauma is serious and avoiding it is  a vital part of tattooing.  It's going to happen - mistakes happen - but the tattooers should be trying to minimize the chance of it happening.

Totally agree. And what kills me is that in the first episode, Núñez even said “If you cut, you go home.”  I see that has now translated to “If you cut, you go home, unless you’re the source of House drama — then you’re in the bottom or get a pass”. 

• Love 4
On 2/15/2018 at 6:39 AM, cherbitrary said:

It feels all kinds of wrong, but I'm finding Steve kind of...hot..this season. Maybe because I find most everybody else either irritating or meh. And I really don't like DJ. I don't remember disliking him last season, but maybe Bubba gets the credit for that.

I was all ready to rant about how many times Lil D could be on the bottom and skate by...but then they eliminated him. Can't argue with that choice.

DJ was very overbearing last season, but I think Bubba just rolled with it. In this season, he has dudes who will challenge and talk back. He doesn't take it well when he's challenged. Like I said earlier in the season, it was a bad idea for the top artists to choose him. They did not need technical help. They needed competitive help related to the show. They're paying for going with the control freak. 

Steve never made an impression on me, to be honest. He still doesn't. He's just there for the most part. I don't dislike him, though. 

• Love 4

Little D was circling the drain so long it probably was sporting a beard like his.  Did he ever have a good tattoo this season?  It was time for him to go, but I agree that if you tear up someone's skin, you should be shown the door, no questions asked.  I have a small tattoo that was done over a scar.   The artist kept going over it until the skin looked like Wedgewood blue hamburger.  No one should be treated that way.  I wouldn't have minded a double elimination.