Type keyword(s) to search

Harley Quinn Anticipation

• Start Topic

Your Harley Topic, Puddin'!

Harley Quinn, based on the DC characters, focuses on Harley Quinn who has finally broken things off once and for all with the Joker and attempts to make it on her own as the criminal Queenpin of Gotham City. The series features Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and a whole cast of heroes and villains, old and new, from the DC Universe.

Here's the announcement:

Harley Quinn, the breakout character from the Warner Bros/DC film Suicide Squad that already is set up for a spinoff movie, is getting her own animated TV series. Warner Bros’ upcoming DC-Branded direct-to-consumer digital platform has ordered 26 episodes of half-hour adult animated action-comedy series Harley Quinn, from Powerless executive producers Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey via Warner Bros. Animation...

Written and executive produced by Halpern, Schumacker and Lorey, Harley Quinn, based on the DC characters, focuses on Harley Quinn, who finally has broken things off with the Joker once and for all and attempts to make it on her own as the criminal Queenpin of Gotham City.

There is some discussion that they might be approaching Margot Robbie to voice Harley.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Trini said:

Who is the voice for Poison Ivy?

Thanks to a commenter at Batman-News for embedding this!

From the press release:

Cuoco leads a strong voice cast which include comedic talents such as Lake Bell (In a World…, Wet Hot American Summer series, Childrens Hospital), Alan Tudyk (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Ron Funches (Powerless), JB Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Jason Alexander (Seinfeld), Wanda Sykes (Black-ish), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Natalie Morales (Bojack Horseman), Jim Rash (Mike Tyson Mysteries), Diedrich Bader (Veep), Tony Hale (Arrested Development, Veep), Chris Meloni (Happy!, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit).

In addition to Funches, Alan Tudyk and Natalie Morales were on Powerless as well.

• Love 1
On 10/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, MarkHB said:

Diedrich Bader

Sounded like he's reprising his Batman from The Brave and the Bold.  Dare we conjecture a shared universe, like the original DCAU?

• Love 1

OMG. I just watched it and I am literally in tears. I'm not sure if it's 😂😂😂 or nostalgia for my childhood (i nearly hit the floor when the music started).

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

This thread is in two different places on the forum since it is still a main thread.

The one in Animation is now a pointer to this new location, one that will disappear after a certain amount of time.

I don't know if this thread is supposed to be closed. I just wanted to post that SyFy will be airing episodes late Sunday nights. As someone who doesn't use subscription TV, I'm looking forward to DVRing it.

Found out the show hasn't been renewed yet. I'm slowly going through S2. I heard that if there would be a S3, the producers wouldn't import Punchline (Joker's new partner-in-crime) from the comics. My idea? The Batman Who Laughs. Just the idea of a Jokerized Batman menacing Gotham amuses me, especially the reaction from Harley and her friends.

I think The Batman Who Laughs would be way too dark for this show (plus he's hardly well-known enough to the GA to not need tons of explanation).  Personally, now that they've made the heartfelt turn they needed to to get to the season 2 endpoint, I hope they return to the era of wacky hijinks, just with the new status quo as the backdrop.

And really, the way they executed the turn from Riddler in a hamster wheel to the death of Mr, Freeze (and everything after) should be a case study in how to write television.  That was masterful work.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:38 PM, MarkHB said:

I think The Batman Who Laughs would be way too dark for this show (plus he's hardly well-known enough to the GA to not need tons of explanation).

Darkness? Darkseid. Hardly well-known to a general audience? Kite-Man. I was just thinking that maybe having an incursion from villains whose origins are from the aborted worlds of the underside of the multiverse would be seen as just another day in Gotham.

I collect sketches as a hobby. This past week, I got this as part of a charity thing from the Cartoon Art Museum. I'd say the artist has watched the series.