Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: The Elongated Knight Rises

Trini
  • Start Topic

Beebo! Someone on another board mentioned that Beebo should make an appearance on all DC shows and I'm all for it! Hopefully it will be Arrow's turn now!

I don't mind Ralph and I'm glad he finally got a proper suit. That grey onesie was a disgrace.

I like Barry's prison scruff - therefore I also like the prison plot. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 8:24 PM, johntfs said:

I think I'm mostly done with this show.  I couldn't bring myself to bother watching last weeks episode and this week's is also unwatched. 

Same here.  I'll check in here to see if there is a reason to watch an episode -- so far, since the break the answer has been "no".

I think my main issue is that Barry is in jail, so there's very little for him to do. Sure, they're allowing him to have his own subplot while the main plot goes on, unlike on Arrow during season 3's Black Canary arc, but I guess I don't feel comfortable with Barry not being on the team and being stuck in jail while Ralph gets his heroic origin story. I don't want Barry stuck in jail even longer, because they have to waste time on other characters and stories. I get that this was part of comics, but I guess I'm not really liking it all that much.

Also, the "funny gag" of Caitlin turning into Killer Frost is annoying. Yeah, let's make Caitlin's meta powers a gag this season. Let's use her alter ego as a funny quip, rather than try to actually have Caitlin find a way to be both. But, of course, they also have to devillainize Killer Frost so Caitlin can still be a hero, so let's have KF just make funny, snarky one liners about how she's annoyed at people. 

Also, I still feel like Harry isn't season 2 Harry. I fell in love with season 2 Harry. This guy seems like a combination of season 2 Harry and season 3 H.R. 

It's just poor writing for me. And to think I genuinely enjoyed the beginning of this season.

I haven't watched this episode in its entirety, much like last episode. Maybe I'll make the time at some point, but this show is not high on my To Watch list at the moment. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, the "funny gag" of Caitlin turning into Killer Frost is annoying. Yeah, let's make Caitlin's meta powers a gag this season. Let's use her alter ego as a funny quip, rather than try to actually have Caitlin find a way to be both. But, of course, they also have to devillainize Killer Frost so Caitlin can still be a hero, so let's have KF just make funny, snarky one liners about how she's annoyed at people. 

Also, I still feel like Harry isn't season 2 Harry. I fell in love with season 2 Harry. This guy seems like a combination of season 2 Harry and season 3 H.R.

There was potential for an interesting story with Caitlin and Killer Frost but they squandered in favor of cheap laughs and snarky dialogue. As it stands it doesn't even make sense within their own narrative framework why Frost is helping them at all. If they were going to make Frost an alternate persona of Caitlin's they let out whenever there is trouble, ala the Hulk, the least they could have done is actually have a conversation between the two of them where Frost agrees to help in exchange for getting to stay around for a while once she's out or something.

I've watched some of Harry's season 2 episodes recently. Harry as he is now isn't as far removed from that as I thought. Early on this season yes, Harry was acting like a weird combo of Harry and HR but Cavanagh has toned it down since then. He's got a dry wit and is snarky, which he was in season 2, at least in those episodes where he seemed to forget Jessie was in trouble and especially later on once he had her back.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think my main issue is that Barry is in jail, so there's very little for him to do. Sure, they're allowing him to have his own subplot while the main plot goes on, unlike on Arrow during season 3's Black Canary arc, but I guess I don't feel comfortable with Barry not being on the team and being stuck in jail while Ralph gets his heroic origin story. I don't want Barry stuck in jail even longer, because they have to waste time on other characters and stories. I get that this was part of comics, but I guess I'm not really liking it all that much.

It just annoys me that this could be Wally's story, BUT NO.

Spoiler

It could have the way that they transitioned him to Legends. ::harsh sigh:: (Even though he's a Flash, and I still think he should be on THIS show.)

Also, while I don't hate it, if I thought this prison arc was more than just angst for Barry/Iris and a stall/filler, I'd like it more.

But it's funny to me that in the season where Barry finally got a new suit, it's also the season where they've made it a point to have him not wear it for episodes at a time.

• Love 4

Any of Dibney's "story" could have been assigned to characters that were not randomly inseted dime store Jim Carrey knockoffs.

Has Cisco been injured by acid yet? You know, that might actually hurt and terrify him enough that his powers become hard to use. Maybe he only gets better because Wells eventaully has some kind of sciency blahblahblology that uses his latent metahuman blahtitude to blah blah just pretend it makes as much sense as anything else on the show. Or, even simpler, he gets a tiny painful spalsh of the acid on him while watching somebody else get burned away horribly. Either way, Barry gets to talk a hero back into action. The story does not need Dibney. it works fine with Cisco.

Or... instead of "Hey, I need you to use your detective skills..." leading to a picture of Mrs. Devoe looking like she has a boy-toy.. how about "Hey, I need you to use your investigative reporter skills, Iris..." leading to the exact same revelation? 

Barry can still stay in jail until he uncovers the inevitable criminal conspiracy that we all know he is in there to find. Barry can still inspire a "lesser" hero by helping them overcome their fears. And the special effects crew can stop wasting money on Stretchy Man ( Really? Cisco never came up with a name for him? Fucking really?) and save up for another episode of an expensive character that everybody actually likes. We miss you, King Shark.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 7
On 1/28/2018 at 2:39 AM, CletusMusashi said:

Any of Dibney's "story" could have been assigned to characters that were not randomly inseted dime store Jim Carrey knockoffs.

Has Cisco been injured by acid yet? You know, that might actually hurt and terrify him enough that his powers become hard to use. Maybe he only gets better because Wells eventaully has some kind of sciency blahblahblology that uses his latent metahuman blahtitude to blah blah just pretend it makes as much sense as anything else on the show. Or, even simpler, he gets a tiny painful spalsh of the acid on him while watching somebody else get burned away horribly. Either way, Barry gets to talk a hero back into action. The story does not need Dibney. it works fine with Cisco.

Or... instead of "Hey, I need you to use your detective skills..." leading to a picture of Mrs. Devoe looking like she has a boy-toy.. how about "Hey, I need you to use your investigative reporter skills, Iris..." leading to the exact same revelation? 

Barry can still stay in jail until he uncovers the inevitable criminal conspiracy that we all know he is in there to find. Barry can still inspire a "lesser" hero by helping them overcome their fears. And the special effects crew can stop wasting money on Stretchy Man ( Really? Cisco never came up with a name for him? Fucking really?) and save up for another episode of an expensive character that everybody actually likes. We miss you, King Shark.

This is because we all know that Iris isn't an investigative reporter; she just plays one on tv. LOL. Seriously, though, if she were an investigative reporter, she wouldn't be able to turn that side of her off. She'd always be looking for the ruse/deception and wouldn't just accept things at face value.