Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E03: The Heroin Triangle: Chapter 3

• Start Topic

I thought the interventionist who met with Toni’s Mom was right on the money. She was holding back big time...and holding back she was. First off, I pegged her to be full of it when she said her and Toni were like peas in a pod and still were. Yet her daughter is living in The Bluff and when we’ve seen Toni, she’s had not one interaction with her mother. Secondly, when she claimed Toni was this model child until she met a bad boyfriend and started heroin in college. I thought that was BS too. And thirdly her mentioning being led off in handcuffs then giving some vague story about her and Toni’s father having a nasty divorce.

If the sister and dad are to be believed, the Mom was/is a piece of work - physically and emotionally abusive to her daughters and husband. Putting the responsibility of taking care of the household and God only knows what else on a teenager, which undoubtedly included more emotional abuse considering she (the Mom) was apparently incapacitated at the time. 

Why oh why  when the sister discovered Toni wanted to be driven to a hotel to prostitute herself, didn’t she immediately turn the car around? SMH. At least the dates ended up being a bust, but still...

This was another disappointing episode. There was too much time spent on the addicts and not enough time spent with law enforcement and EMTs exploring how to combat this “epidemic.” So far, all we’ve seen could’ve been seen from any major city in the U.S. or a regular episode of Intervention. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 3

This was another disappointing episode. There was too much time spent on the addicts and not enough time spent with law enforcement and EMTs exploring how to combat this “epidemic.” So far, all we’ve seen could’ve been seen from any major city in the U.S. or a regular episode of Intervention. 

Agreed -- I was really intrigued by the premise, but it's missed the mark on that, I think. I did like the cop who took the gal to detox instead of jail -- given how surprised he was the next day that she was actually waiting for him to get the ride to rehab, I'd like to hear more from him about what's happening in the city and how they've shifted their response of the past year or so.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, PityFree said:

What kind of car is Tiffany driving?

Looked like a Lexus or Infiniti? I would like to know the backstory on how she got that car. 

It makes me sick to my stomach that she and her loser boyfriend have a baby and that baby was born having to go through withdrawals. It is beyond disgusting. 

• Love 3
On 1/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, Enero said:

I thought the interventionist who met with Toni’s Mom was right on the money. She was holding back big time...and holding back she was. First off, I pegged her to be full of it when she said her and Toni were like peas in a pod and still were. Yet her daughter is living in The Bluff and when we’ve seen Toni, she’s had not one interaction with her mother. Secondly, when she claimed Toni was this model child until she met a bad boyfriend and started heroin in college. I thought that was BS too. And thirdly her mentioning being led off in handcuffs then giving some vague story about her and Toni’s father having a nasty divorce.

I knew she was full of it the minute she said Toni had a great up-bringing and then later mentioned how her and her ex-husband got into fights and she had been taken to jail.  Children with normal/great upbringings don't experience that in their families.

• Love 1

Toni’s Mom painted everything as sunshine and rainbows.  Only when he pressed did she mention anything negative... and then she lied.  I could tell she was lying even before the interventionist talked to the other family members. 

We are getting some statistics etc. I’m hoping we see some more coordination with first responders etc as we move into later episodes.  However, this is Intervention. Therefore we will have interventions. 

• Love 1

This whole thing is a mess. I work in detox and it’s mostly heroine. It is heartbreaking  because there are so few treatment centers  I am afraid the death rate overdoses from heroine is going until there less addicts either by death or recovery. I am afraid deaths will be far in the lead.

th t

Toni's mom is classic. She paints rainbows and sunshine while her children live in hell. Without a doubt she denies anything was wrong when they speak with her about the intervention or the reasons her daughter is a junkie hooker. If her daughter died, she would be the loudest wailing at the funeral with no responsibility for the damage she caused. I hope that Toni recovers and survives the mother she was cursed with. 

• Love 3