Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Just now catching up on the whole series (about half-way through season 3), and there a few folks I haven't seen here (maybe they were mentioned in the episode threads, or maybe I missed them here...)

- Tina Majorino (Mac) - Napoleon Dynamite's friend (? girlfriend? I don't exactly remember).  My daughter caught part of an episode when I was watching.  "Do you recognize her?" "Yes, but I can't place her" "Imagine her with a side pony-tail"

- Patrick Fabian - the criminology professor - Howard Hamlin (of HHM) in Better Call Saul

- Ed Begley Jr. in just about everything, ever

- and LOL at the early comments along the lines of "Kristen Bell in this new thing called The Good Place - is it any good?"  Yes.  Yes, it is. 🙂

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

- Tina Majorino (Mac) - Napoleon Dynamite's friend (? girlfriend? I don't exactly remember).  My daughter caught part of an episode when I was watching.  "Do you recognize her?" "Yes, but I can't place her" "Imagine her with a side pony-tail"

I remember Tina Majorino from Camp Wilder (which I started watching for Mary Page Keller) in which Jerry O'Connell (VM's Dan Lamb) played her uncle.

I first saw Jason Dohring in the Sarah Michelle Gellar twin-thing Ringer in which he played her stepdaughter's high school teacher.

Kristen Bell returning for 'Gossip Girl' update at HBO Max

The Good Place and Frozen favorite, following a months-long dealmaking process, has officially closed a deal to return for HBO Max's update on Gossip Girl. Bell will reprise her role as the narrator for the new take on the former CW drama from creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.

"Kristen Bell has always been and will always be the voice of Gossip Girl," the producers said in a statement Thursday. 

The HBO Max take, written by former showrunner Josh Safran, was picked up straight to series with a 10-episode order. The update of the former Blake Lively vehicle is described as an extension of the original series that takes place eight years after the original "website" went dark. It follows a new generation of New York private school teens who are introduced to the social surveillance of Gossip Girl. The series will address how much social media — and the landscape of New York — has changed in the intervening years. Safran will pen the script and exec

Tessa Thompson Launches Production Company With First-Look Deal At HBO/HBO Max, Will EP ‘Who Fears Death’ & ‘The Secret Lives Of Church Ladies’ Adaptations

Thompson, who stars in and exec produces Amazon feature film Sylvie’s Love, will exec produce these two projects in development at HBO and HBO Max as part of the deal.

Who Fears Death is an adaptation of Nnedi Okorafor’s eponymous book. In the works at HBO since 2017 with Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin as one of the exec producers, Aïda Mashaka Croal, a writer on Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, has also come board as showrunner, writer and exec producer.

The trio join Angela Mancuso and Michael Lombardo as EPs with Okorafor as co-exec producer.

Who Fears Death tells the coming of age tale of Onyesowu in post-apocalyptic North Africa where her story makes her an outcast.  She must go on a journey from self-reproach to love, but to do so she’ll have to overcome untold obstacles—defeating her hated sorcerer father and becoming the instrument of prophetic deliverance for a land of oppressed people, all the while fighting to master the terrifying powers growing inside her.

At HBO Max, Thompson is also exec producing an adaptation of The Secret Lives of Church Ladies. The short story collection, written by Deesha Philyaw, was published in September and was a finalist for the 2020 National Book Award for Fiction. It contains nine stories about Black women, church, and sexuality.

The Secret Lives of Church Ladies explores the raw and tender places where Black women and girls dare to follow their desires and pursue a momentary reprieve from being good. Different generations of women characters grapple with who they want to be in the world, caught as they are between the church’s double standards and their own needs and passions. With their secret longings, new love, and forbidden affairs, these church ladies are as seductive as they want to be, as vulnerable as they need to be, as unfaithful and unrepentant as they care to be, and as free as they deserve to be.

• Love 1
(edited)

‘SEAL Team’: ‘Veronica Mars’ Alum Jason Dohring Joins CBS Military Drama Series As Recurring
By Denise Petski    March 31, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/03/seal-team-veronica-mars-alum-jason-dohring-cbs-military-drama-series-recurring-1234725257/

EXCLUSIVE: Veronica Mars alum Jason Dohring is joining CBS’ military drama series SEAL Team in a heavily recurring role opposite Neil Brown Jr.

Dohring will play LCDR Whitshaw, a charismatic and intelligent, high ranking officer with a stellar reputation, that knows how to work the regulation and system to his advantage. He has a cunning ability to cover his own tracks, which makes him a formidable adversary.

Starring David Boreanaz and Brown, SEAL Team follows the professional and personal lives of the most elite unit of Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous missions that our country can ask of them.
Dohring is best known for his role as Logan Echolls in Hulu’s hit mystery drama series Veronica Mars, opposite Kristen Bell. Additional television credits include The CW’s iZombie and The Originals. On the film front, he can currently be seen starring alongside Olivia Munn and Justin Theroux in Justine Bateman’s Violet, which recently premiered at SXSW. He’s repped by Luber Roklin Entertainment and Innovative Artists.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Inside Line: Scoop on Chicago Fire, Supergirl, The Resident, All American, AMLT, Debris, Roswell and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 5 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/04/05/chicago-fire-spoilers-season-9-brett-ski-trip-dilemma/ 

Anything new on this season’s remaining SEAL Team episodes? –JC
If this Jason Dohring news Echolled your metaphorical Logan, I can report that his Lt. Cmdr. Alex Whitshaw will first appear in the April 21 episode.

From linked article:

TVLine hears that Whitshaw will figure into a storyline with, and serve as a bit of a foil for, DEVGRU Intelligence Officer Lisa Davis (played by Toni Trucks).

Edited by tv echo
On 5/17/2021 at 6:45 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

2004 me would have been excited about Angel and Logan being on the same show. 2021 me has no interest in this at all.

My first thought was ‘if I’m not watching the show for Boreanaz, I’m certainly not watching it for Dohring’.

If it were ‘the Expanse’ they wouldn’t deter me from watching it. In fairness to both of them I’m just not interested in that show. 

i would still make an effort to watch something either of them did that was totally outside their wheelhouse, even if it turned out badly. Hamlet, free, in the Park.