Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

• Start Topic

Because we all want to know what Dick & the Beav are up to these days, right?

Jason Dohring and Sophie Turner (Sansa on Game of Thrones) are narrating Cassandra Clare's City of Heavenly Fire.

City of Heavenly Fire is the sixth and final book in the Mortal Instruments series. The movie version of City of Bones (which starred Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower) got horrible reviews and didn't do great at the box office, but they're still planning to do a second movie. Maybe if the audio book sells well, they will have Jason and Sophie go back and record the first five books too.

• Love 1

Jason was/will be in an episode of Canadian procedural "Motive". It aired a few weeks ago in Canada, and this summer in the US. I thought it was a bit of a waste of him, but I'm glad he is working. I was flipping channels and I saw him so not a loss for me that evening.

• Love 1

Kyle Gallner has been cast in The Finest Hour starring Chris Pin, Casey Affleck, and Holliday Grainger. Kyle will take on the pivotal part of the rescue-boat’s engineman, “who feels like he has a lot to prove on the mission to save the lives of dozens of men clinging to life in the waters of the Atlantic.”

According to the article, he has several movies coming out soon:

Gallner has a number of films coming out, including Sundance sensation Dear White People and the Courteney Cox-helmed Just Before I Go. He recently wrapped Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper and produced and starred in upcoming dramedy Welcome To Happiness with Nick Offerman. Gallner also appears in indie horror-comedy The Master Cleanse with Anjelica Huston and Johnny Galecki, and stars as a grown-up Huckleberry Finn in the Adam and Aaron Nee-helmed Band Of Robbers, which re-imagines Mark Twain’s literary hero and his buddy Tom Sawyer as modern-day treasure seekers.
  • Love 2

Just watched Jason Dohring in a Hallmark movie "Portrait of Love." Typical smalltown boy still in love with his HS gf etc etc. Very typical Hallmark fare. HOWEVER, at one point, his character tears up while talking to his daughter and I started to cry! AT A HALLMARK MOVIE!! Which, incidentally, is not out of the realm of my emotions, but usually only when a character (or a pet) dies or something. Nope, that damn face wells up and I can't help myself. It was classic Logan face, btw.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just found it today and I am a few episodes in.  Pretty enjoyable actually.

Lots of great guest stars!

ETA- Ok, ended up marathoning.  Really enjoyable, a little bit twisted, and filled with a ton of likable if strange characters.  

Edited by gik910

Richard Brody wrote in The New Yorker today:

“Creed” should have been a shoo-in for a Best Picture nomination, and its star, Michael B. Jordan, who carries the movie on his well-muscled shoulders, should have been a contender for Best Actor. (I also thought that Tessa Thompson’s supporting role was among the year’s best, but I harbored no expectation that she’d be nominated.)

I didn't really have much interest in seeing this movie, but now I kind of want to even though I was never that impressed by Tessa Thompson on VM.  Michael B. Jordan is always excellent.

In case anyone missed it, this season's House of Lies had Veronica and Vinnie Van Lowe in some very graphic fits of passion. Plus, our little Ronnie had one of the funniest, and dirtiest monologues in history in reference to him. 

Certainly a change of relationship for those two!

Wow, Ken Marino is like everywhere these days. He also had a memorable spot on Agent Carter and then guested on iZombie finale.

Of course, nothing could make me watch House of Lies.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2
On 4/19/2016 at 10:13 PM, whiporee said:

In case anyone missed it, this season's House of Lies had Veronica and Vinnie Van Lowe in some very graphic fits of passion. Plus, our little Ronnie had one of the funniest, and dirtiest monologues in history in reference to him. 

Certainly a change of relationship for those two!

The actor plays a very different character, but it was still creepy. Especially considering that Vinnie used to subtly flirt with an underage Veronica.

13 minutes ago, Kalliste said:

How was The Good Place for anyone that watched? The trailer didn't really draw me in.

I thought it was funny and has potential. The pilot had a few laugh-out-loud moments. 

Kristen Bell plays a very different character from Veronica Mars or even Jeannie on 'House of Lies.' She portrays a woman who was rude, thoughtless, and lacked morals in her former life. But Kristen plays her with a naivety and vulnerability that makes her character almost sweet. 

5 hours ago, paulvdb said:

I'm rewatching Greek and just watched the episode that introduced Max Greenfield as a love interest for Calvin.

I still can't get over his 'normal' voice vs. his Leo voice.  Why did he talk that way on VM? Was he supposed to. Be an Italian cop from New Jersey?

Having seen Thor: Ragnarok yesterday, I spent the entire time from when Valkyrie came on screen thinking, "What have I seen her in before!?" Even seeing the credits didn't help. It was only walking home that I went, "Veronica Mars! Jackie!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, John Potts said:

Having seen Thor: Ragnarok yesterday, I spent the entire time from when Valkyrie came on screen thinking, "What have I seen her in before!?" Even seeing the credits didn't help. It was only walking home that I went, "Veronica Mars! Jackie!"

Tessa Thompson is a great actress—I’ve seen her in a number of movies since her VM days. I don’t understand why she was so bad as Jackie. Was it the writing? Was she the wrong actress for the role?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, topanga said:

Tessa Thompson is a great actress—I’ve seen her in a number of movies since her VM days. I don’t understand why she was so bad as Jackie. Was it the writing? Was she the wrong actress for the role?

Maybe just time and experience? Actually, I never thought she was really all that bad as Jackie. Her first episode was kind of rough, but I thought she settled into the role well.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, topanga said:

To me she was great as Jackie.

Jackie was not always a likable character but Tessa did a good job with it and even i had some sympathy for Jackie more than once..

On 1/25/2018 at 3:54 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Max Greenfield is appearing as Ronnie on S2 of American Crime Story. I didn't even recognize him in the first episode. In the second episode, I only realized it was him because of his voice.

He's one some new sitcom. It doesn't look good. 

Watched A Haunting in Connecticut and saw Kyle Gallner in it.

Harry Hamlin was in Mom as a mean dad of her ex's girlfriend who dates Anna Faris. Not sure if I can watch him in anything and think of him as a nice guy. Loved him in LA Law and Lisa Rinna in Melrose Place.

Ken Marino in Agent Carter as a mob boyfriend.

Kyle in the 2010 Nightmare on Elm Street.

Not even fair to mention iZombie because of the Rob Thomas/Diane Ruggierio  connection, but it's fun watching to see who shows up. Ryan Hansen was a marketing executive who is gay, Enrico as a bad cop, Percy as a tech genius, KB shows up narrating a 50 Shades-type book (Liv says, "people say I remind them of her"), Jason as the head of a military industrial complex company who is a zombie, Francis Capra has an appearance as thug #1 or #2, Daran Norris in an on-going role as a smarmy meteorologist, Ken Marino as a smarmy defense lawyer...